Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Hunting porcelain figures .

Greenway

Oct 18 2007, 1:11pm

Post #1 of 6 (392 views)
Shortcut
Hunting porcelain figures . Can't Post

Hi, wonder if someone can help me out , I remember a range of porcelain figures made about twenty odd years ago possibly by royal doulton has any one got a long memory I think they may have been released in conjunction with the animated film , I would like to hunt down these as a collection or as singles but it is proving harder than I thought.
anyone any thoughts as to where to get these from
thanks

Patty
Immortal

Oct 18 2007, 6:40pm

Post #2 of 6 (218 views)
Shortcut
You've seen this? [In reply to] Can't Post

too rich for my blood.

http://www.crayonsoup.net/frodogollom.html

For Gondor!

springlering

Oct 18 2007, 7:06pm

Post #3 of 6 (230 views)
Shortcut
Royal DOulton [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you know you can set up a search on Ebay, and bookmark it? Then you can set it up to send you emails whenever one appears up for auction. You can set it up to send you emails for up to a year.

They show up as singles fairly regularly, and if you're not in a rush, you can ultimately get a decent deal on the set.

Replacements Ltd in NC had some of the figures, too, but they wanted an arm and a leg for them. They are a china replacement service.

"...You may find friends upon your way when you least look for it...."

....Elrond

Greenway

Oct 19 2007, 8:47am

Post #4 of 6 (194 views)
Shortcut
too much cash [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks Patty took the link and was amazed by the price $800 for this ladrow , its not the one I am looking thank goodness I dont like this one too much, its supposed to be a present that the kids can get me for xmas at $800 i would have to up their pocket money.

drogo
Lorien

Oct 19 2007, 10:18am

Post #5 of 6 (209 views)
Shortcut
Lladro also [In reply to] Can't Post

has a Galadriel and a Gandalf, IIRC. Wonderful sculptures, but yes, they are worth their weight in mithril! Shocked

Patty
Immortal

Oct 19 2007, 4:46pm

Post #6 of 6 (532 views)
Shortcut
Yes, the links to them are there. $950! each. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a steal. On Lladro's part.

Hope you can find something you like, Greenway, for a much more reasonable price.

For Gondor!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.