How do i attach a picture im havin a rough timeFrown

Blandalf

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 25 2007, 7:04pm

Post #2 of 3 (469 views)
Shortcut
Welcome, Blandalf [In reply to] Can't Post

To get a pic in your post as an attachment, follow the steps below (from #2.21 of the FAQ on the Welcome forum):
(p.s., if you're using a picture hosting site like villagephotos.com or photobucket.com, go read #2.20 in the FAQ). Good luck and welcome again! Smile

2.21 How do I upload an attachment? First of all, please note that all attachments must be 250 kilobytes or smaller. If you use the Advanced Editor: click on [Browse] next to the “Attachment” box at the far bottom left of the “Reply” box. Find the file on your PC that you want to attach to your post and click on the [Open] button. Click on [Upload Attachment]. You can stop there if you want to just leave the file as an attachment. If it is a picture that you want to insert into your post, place your cursor in your post where you want to insert the picture. Click on the picture icon in the Advanced Editor menu and instead of inserting a URL address from the internet, check the “Inline Image” option. Select the inline image you want to insert, hit the “Submit” button and voila! Your image will be inserted at the point you specified. If you use the Basic Editor: follow the steps above to upload an attachment. If it is a picture you want to insert into your post, type the following: [inline filename.fileformat] Hint: you can copy the filename and file format directly from the attachment name at the bottom of the “Reply” box. Remember, if you’re using the Basic Editor, you can also click on the [Get Markup Help] link at the top of the “Reply” box (See 2.9 above).

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Blandalfthepurple
The Shire

Feb 25 2007, 7:20pm

Post #3 of 3 (516 views)
Shortcut
... [In reply to] Can't Post

I tried to insert it on the post and i saw the picture on it but when i actually hit post it then the picture doesnt show up?

"You shall not PASS!!!!!!!!!!" ( my favorite part in lotr:fotr)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.