More '3rd Hobbit Film' Rumblings
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jul 25 2012, 4:51pm

Post #151 of 224 (1676 views)
Shortcut
Jason Alexander as Turin Turambar [In reply to] Can't Post

He is the George Costanza of Middle-earth, afterall! ;)

And Jerry Stiller as Hurin, with Larry David as the voice of Morgoth. It will be glorious! And they could just lift a lot of the dialogue straight from Seinfeld as well.

Turin (shouted at full volume to Morgoth): I'm sick of all your macho head-games!

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Jul 25 2012, 5:16pm

Post #152 of 224 (1708 views)
Shortcut
I'd like the third 'Hobbit' movie to take place after the book - [In reply to] Can't Post

However, how would they roll that all up into leading with how fotr starts out. There is enough material to make something amazing I just worry how it would connect. I have faith in pj and a, thankful its not Lucas.

Film 3 could take place around the same time as ROTK. (Perhaps involving another bookend scene in Rivendell with Bilbo reading his book to little Elves, etc). There will probably be some references to the 'Ring business'.

There is enough in the appendices
without having to shoe-horn Bilbo into the stories.

True, but they seem to be trying to make it a Hobbit trilogy. Bilbo could be the introductory character from the audience's perspective.

Hopefully Ian Holm won't have to do anything too athletic.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 5:20pm

Post #153 of 224 (1646 views)
Shortcut
That's a big assumption! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
True, but they seem to be trying to make it a Hobbit trilogy. Bilbo could be the introductory character from the audience's perspective.

Hopefully Ian Holm won't have to do anything too athletic.

All that PJ has said is that they want to film extra footage, whether that be for an EE release or something else.

This is the same assumption that has been spread throughout websites...

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jul 25 2012, 5:20pm

Post #154 of 224 (1652 views)
Shortcut
just read this one too [In reply to] Can't Post

what you guys have to factor in is film studios are all about $$$$$ i can't blame them i guess, knowing that fact i know they want PJ to do a third film and will cough up the cash to get the actors they need back. Like i said on my original thread about this, its going to turn into a LOTR's prequel trilogy rather than two films based on The Hobbit...

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on Jul 25 2012, 5:22pm)

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jul 25 2012, 5:24pm

Post #155 of 224 (1716 views)
Shortcut
not anymore....its not a assumption [In reply to] Can't Post

two or three people who work with PJ and new line have come out and said talks are underway for a third film.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 5:26pm

Post #156 of 224 (1654 views)
Shortcut
And you trust everything you read on the internet ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Even if they have (and the "sources" are real...), it is still a massive assumption. No-one has said anything about making a Hobbit trilogy.

As I said before, there's a difference between a "3rd Hobbit film" and filming a "3rd film".

Somehow they've become interchangeable.

DesiringDragons
Lorien

Jul 25 2012, 5:27pm

Post #157 of 224 (1612 views)
Shortcut
That's a good point [In reply to] Can't Post

about the already-shot footage and the time estimated for further filming.

I'm really curious about how this will end up. Still hoping for a two-part Hobbit and either a bridge film or EEs. The media furor is making it more difficult to try to work out what is actually likely to happen.

imin
Valinor

Jul 25 2012, 5:28pm

Post #158 of 224 (1684 views)
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

Its not all going to be done to PJ wants to stay in ME. If its not gonna make more money then they wont do it.

If they stretch out the hobbit to three films for me its just a blatant cash grab and as bad as twilight, harry potter and others that do the same.

Personally im holding out for extra scenes for EE or at the very least a bridge film though i think that would end on a low note for the whole PJ's vision of ME.

On another note i used to have a massive poster of the black rider you have in your signature, same photo i mean. Looked amazing!

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 5:29pm

Post #159 of 224 (1676 views)
Shortcut
and... [In reply to] Can't Post

as I said in another post in this thread (with a link back to the article)

Entertainment Weekly posted this online:

EW has confirmed that serious discussions between Jackson and Warner Bros. are indeed taking place to explore the possibility of turning The Hobbit into a trilogy.

That's a significant statement to make and - entertainment news or not - EW is not noted for sensational or inaccurate reporting (like some tabloids might be, for example).

I was taking this all as speculation gone wild till I started reading things like that.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 5:34pm

Post #160 of 224 (1700 views)
Shortcut
Point taken [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll remain skeptical (whether they mean trilogy or 3rd film) though, until there is an official announcement.

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jul 25 2012, 5:34pm

Post #161 of 224 (1651 views)
Shortcut
Me too [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'm still having a hard time believing that it could possibly happen, because I just think it is such terrible idea. Unfortunately, it is also one that could make a lot of money.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 5:36pm

Post #162 of 224 (1646 views)
Shortcut
as a rule... [In reply to] Can't Post

the world in general rarely seems to agree with me on what I consider bad ideas.

So... I don't trust my instinct on things like this at all!

:-)

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jul 25 2012, 5:39pm

Post #163 of 224 (1637 views)
Shortcut
That's a good rule [In reply to] Can't Post

I should remember that.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 5:40pm

Post #164 of 224 (1620 views)
Shortcut
There's no harm in skepticism [In reply to] Can't Post

I am quite the skeptic in many things.

All I can claim is, I went from thinking - no way - to - uhh... maybe I should not place any money on 'no way'.

Like I told VtF... I am so rarely in line with how the majority thinks that I can't use what I think to guide me in how the majority thinks and acts. I firmly believe that I am right, of course. But I can't ever think, "This is I know to be right so therefore everyone else will think that". It just doesn't work that way. lol

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 5:43pm

Post #165 of 224 (1626 views)
Shortcut
:-) [In reply to] Can't Post

as what I call 'a four percenter'... that is, a person who falls into one of those Myers-Briggs personality categories that make up less than four percent of the population... I recognize others who are probably four percenters, too. We may not be in the same category, but the result in many ways is the same. The world just doesn't get on board with our way of thinking!

It made life a lot easier for me realizing this. Not that it's easy. It isn't. But it's easier. :-)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 5:45pm

Post #166 of 224 (1629 views)
Shortcut
Yes, you offer good advice Magpie [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile
I'm only skeptical about it being a trilogy. I do believe that they are in talks about a third film (or a bridge film, if you like). I really doubt that they will/can split the book into three big successful films though.

My "doubt" accounts for nothing. Wink

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 5:51pm

Post #167 of 224 (1627 views)
Shortcut
and that seems to be a good point, as well [In reply to] Can't Post

I can believe that a 'third film' will get made more easily than a 'third Hobbit film' will get made.

Redoing, at this point, a story meant to be told in two parts and making it three would be a massive undertaking.

Starting somewhat 'fresh' with some footage already shot and more that could be shot with a unique focus guided only by making the movie work along side the Hobbit duology and the LOTR trilogy seems more manageable.

I also keep wondering if there is some attempt at leverage going on. And by leaking rumors to the fan base - thereby getting them all hyped up - a point can be made in negotiations about what the fans want.

I can't imagine what could be in negotiations but it's a caution I hold in my mind that this may not be about another movie at all. For example, it may be a push for an extended edition (ala LOTR's rich offerings) that some suit doesn't want to fund. If fans get hyped about "MORE" then they can say.. okay, maybe not a third movie but how about a fantastic extended edition of the Hobbit?

I don't really think that, but it's a possibility.

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 5:52pm

Post #168 of 224 (1634 views)
Shortcut
ha... see my reply to another post of yours // [In reply to] Can't Post

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jul 25 2012, 5:53pm

Post #169 of 224 (1606 views)
Shortcut
INFP [In reply to] Can't Post

For what it is worth.

The Hall of Fire

Evernight
Rivendell

Jul 25 2012, 6:00pm

Post #170 of 224 (1612 views)
Shortcut
Butter stretched over too much bread. I don't like this if it is true. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit...

Zizix
Rivendell

Jul 25 2012, 6:02pm

Post #171 of 224 (1579 views)
Shortcut
I do not see how they could make a bridge film [In reply to] Can't Post

with just a few months time filming, and extending contracts of current actors. They can hardly make an entirely new film in between the two movies they're already working on.

It really sounds to me like they are considering expanding on what is already there, rather than pulling out an entirely new story.

Albin, a native has wandered into my frame!

Brandybuckled
Lorien

Jul 25 2012, 6:25pm

Post #172 of 224 (1563 views)
Shortcut
No, it will be a prequel... [In reply to] Can't Post

We will get to see Bulroarer Took and the invention of golf.

NAArP since 2011*

*Not An Ardent Purist

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Jul 25 2012, 6:29pm

Post #173 of 224 (1542 views)
Shortcut
We could have Bilbo visiting Erebor - (spoilers) [In reply to] Can't Post

- and paying his respects to the kin of Balin.

While he's there, he decides to pay a visit to Thorin's tomb. And Orcrist begins to glow.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 6:30pm

Post #174 of 224 (1533 views)
Shortcut
What would happen in between to make it a film? / [In reply to] Can't Post

hutch
Rohan

Jul 25 2012, 6:47pm

Post #175 of 224 (1559 views)
Shortcut
BINGO! [In reply to] Can't Post

C'mon ya'll. Don't be such buzzkills. The Hunt for Gollum was awesome. I've always wanted a Hobbit film and a bridge movie. Besides, I'm sure there will be a way to configure the dvd releases so you can watch just purely a Hobbit film if you wish. As for me I wish for the return of Viggo. Does anyone seriously think having Viggo and Ian chasing for Andy would suck? Really?

Davy Jones could've been Bilbo...I mean he was a Brit with a sense for adventure, singing & dancing. And think of the costs it would've save with forced perspective: he was ACTUALLY 5'3. He also hung out with a grumpy tall dude in a hat (Mike Nesmith.) While we're at it let's just have Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork as Merry & Pippin.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.