Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Red Carpet Grandstand Seating?

athenslotr
The Shire

Jul 25 2012, 5:09pm

Post #1 of 8 (481 views)
Shortcut
Red Carpet Grandstand Seating? Can't Post

Does anyone know if the powers that be in Wellington are going to make Grandstand seating along the red carpet available for the November premiere? Or maybe TORn is planning on having something similar to go along with the Red Carpet package (and hopefully those seats would be available to those of us traveling on our own or those that live in NZ). Thanks!

Garfeimao
Rohan

Aug 5 2012, 6:00am

Post #2 of 8 (132 views)
Shortcut
It is not known at the time [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't recall if they set up grandstands anywhere along the route, but then, I wasn't there last time.

But if a special area were set aside for Red Carpet Tours or TORn people, it will probably mean that it is limited to those who paid to be on those tours. Of course, there is no word on if that situation will even exist.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Moahunter
Rohan

Aug 5 2012, 10:42pm

Post #3 of 8 (192 views)
Shortcut
There were 2 sets of seating for the RotK premiere. [In reply to] Can't Post

One set was outside the St. James Theatre opposite Reading cinemas and the second was at the Embassy Theatre end of Courtenay Place (roughly where the Weta monstrosity now stands).

athenslotr
The Shire

Aug 9 2012, 3:03pm

Post #4 of 8 (120 views)
Shortcut
Interesting... [In reply to] Can't Post

so were tickets available for those seats or were they reserved for VIPs?

Old Toby
Gondor

Aug 9 2012, 3:45pm

Post #5 of 8 (183 views)
Shortcut
A good question! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for asking this, since I'm sure others would like to know. I will be in Wellington for the premier date (but am not a part of a tour group). If they are having grandstand seating, how indeed does one get a ticket for a seat there? Or does one have to camp out for days beforehand? (Not a pleasant prospect)

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

athenslotr
The Shire

Sep 11 2012, 1:02pm

Post #6 of 8 (155 views)
Shortcut
Heard from the Embassy and i-SITE [In reply to] Can't Post

I've contacted the Embassy Theater and the local i-SITE in Wellington and as of now, no one is aware of any plans to sell grandstand seating along the route and they advised getting out to Courtenay Place early the day before and camping out (provided its ok with local law enforcement)

So, unless something changes - I'll be out Tuesday evening-ish with a chair, some games and maybe a blanket if anyone is interested in a parade route line party!

unski13

Sep 15 2012, 4:16pm

Post #7 of 8 (83 views)
Shortcut
Parade route line party [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm in! :)

Old Toby
Gondor

Sep 19 2012, 3:38pm

Post #8 of 8 (208 views)
Shortcut
I'm IN too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Um, since I've never done this kind of thing before...camping out the night before...would you or anyone else know any mundane particulars, such as where we would go to the bathroom etc if we were to be there the night before?

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.