Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New Prod Blog
First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 24 2012, 10:41pm

Post #326 of 366 (17202 views)
Shortcut
I'm pretty sure [In reply to] Can't Post

the line, 'And that's the post' is meant to be 'And that's the poster' - referencing the image of Steven (Bomber) backing into a man behind him in an inadvertantly unfortunate way...

Wink

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

huan
The Shire

Jul 24 2012, 11:04pm

Post #327 of 366 (17181 views)
Shortcut
Thank you so much... [In reply to] Can't Post

Erufaildon
Bree

Jul 24 2012, 11:16pm

Post #328 of 366 (17422 views)
Shortcut
It's Evangeline [In reply to] Can't Post

I have no doubt, I've probably looked at her face for hours in my LOST-geekdom days

Aranaes
Rivendell

Jul 24 2012, 11:17pm

Post #329 of 366 (17795 views)
Shortcut
I suggest [In reply to] Can't Post

she has extra pointy ears because these are generic easy-fit ears they use for stunt doubles and not the detailed 'hours in the make-up chair' ears they use for real actors! Tongue

'And I name you elf-friend and blessed. May your shadow never grow less (or stealing would be too easy)!'

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 11:21pm

Post #330 of 366 (17536 views)
Shortcut
hahahaha! I should've seen this coming ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that the serious or non-serious suggestion? Tongue

Bladerunner
Gondor

Jul 24 2012, 11:25pm

Post #331 of 366 (17422 views)
Shortcut
Stoking the Evangeline Lilly Discussion Fire.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that's Evangeline's body/stunt double (i.e.- Ninja Girl) because her mannerism doesn't seem to match Evangeline's personality. Her lips seem different (thinner) also.

It may be worthwhile to watch Evangeline in a non-acting video (such as in an interview) to see if she gives off the same vibe.

Sorry DanielLB, to have stirred the embers to keep this discussion going ;0).

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 11:35pm

Post #332 of 366 (17508 views)
Shortcut
The mystery continues ... ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll probably never know, unless we see an extended version of this shot.

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Jul 24 2012, 11:54pm

Post #333 of 366 (17781 views)
Shortcut
He also does not look like Tauriel.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jul 25 2012, 12:03am

Post #334 of 366 (17750 views)
Shortcut
Ok... [In reply to] Can't Post

That picture makes me about 85% certain that it is not her.

Unless they have given her some really unnecessary facial (and nasal) prosthetics, I don't see those two photos as photos of the same person...

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Jul 25 2012, 12:03am

Post #335 of 366 (18051 views)
Shortcut
Boy I love a rumble. [In reply to] Can't Post

They show the same woman doing a stunt with ropes attached to her waist. It was a bit earlier in the Vlog. This is what pushed me toward the stunt double rather than EL herself.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jul 25 2012, 12:09am

Post #336 of 366 (18101 views)
Shortcut
Yup, most likely a stuntie [In reply to] Can't Post

Though Bloom seems to be doing some of his own stunts, so...

I'm in the It's Likely Not Evangeline Lilly (ILNEL) camp at the moment.

Ruinwen
Rivendell

Jul 25 2012, 12:14am

Post #337 of 366 (17234 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

I definitely heard it as 'and that's the poster!'. Please, please could someone make a Hobbit poster out of that shot? And possibly a T-shirt? I'd buy it.

(I am also in the 'probably not Eva' camp, but I need to watch it again. It will all become clear in time, I'm sure.)

Mischa07
Bree

Jul 25 2012, 2:12am

Post #338 of 366 (17222 views)
Shortcut
It is absolutely not Lilly [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe how you guys that have watched LOST so much can say that she is. It is so obviously (to me) not her.

Aranaes
Rivendell

Jul 25 2012, 2:56am

Post #339 of 366 (17068 views)
Shortcut
Here, here! Glad you can see it too!// [In reply to] Can't Post

'And I name you elf-friend and blessed. May your shadow never grow less (or stealing would be too easy)!'

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jul 25 2012, 3:44am

Post #340 of 366 (17638 views)
Shortcut
While I was kinda sore that we saw very little of the film footage aired at the Con, [In reply to] Can't Post

I still greatly enjoyed everything that I saw. Great stuff. Kept expecting Lilly Tomlin's Edith Ann to be sitting in one of Beorn's giant chairs. Lol.

Love that Peter sent a huge hello to everyone who didn't make ComicCon.

Also, we learnded some things. There can now be little doubt that the Dol Guldur timeline will conclude well befor BOFArmies, and that Gandalf WILL be present in Thranduil's war camp, as we see him standing in one of the tents during the blog. This could be misleading, but I think the hypothesis is sound.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 25 2012, 3:58am

Post #341 of 366 (17156 views)
Shortcut
Ah, thanks. [In reply to] Can't Post

There are always one or two lines that are hard to hear, and that was one of them. I shall make an edit. Smile

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jul 25 2012, 5:46am

Post #342 of 366 (17175 views)
Shortcut
That tent Gandalf's standing in... [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks very similar to some of the tents we saw in the vlog...but those tents are in Hobbiton, during what seems to be a party scene...

stormcrow20
Gondor

Jul 25 2012, 7:20am

Post #343 of 366 (17022 views)
Shortcut
Stone giants! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow. I think this production video is my new favorite!

Rhosgobel! I love it.

A dwarven army!

Beorn's house!

Stone giants!

I'm beside myself. This movie is going to be fantastic. My excitement for Thorin's Company is doubled by every video. PJ has really picked the best cast. The fellas really seem to get along great, and that friendship will certainly come across onscreen and make our experience that much more enjoyable.

Laugh

"Good Morning!"

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jul 25 2012, 7:45am

Post #344 of 366 (17035 views)
Shortcut
Um, yeah Derwyn, those Map runes are -not- Erebor Cirth, but Anglo-Saxon runes. so, they aren't proper Cirth at all. but as others have said, this is simply a prod. diary so... // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

-I am a victim of Bifurcation- (credit to Elpidha)

Dwarves: 'Erebor!', 'Erebor!!', '..Erebor!'
Bilbo: .. It's only a CGI model
Dwarves: 'Shhhhh!'

(This post was edited by Xanaseb on Jul 25 2012, 7:47am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 8:23am

Post #345 of 366 (17277 views)
Shortcut
How can you tell that? You can't see her face? / [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 8:24am

Post #346 of 366 (17313 views)
Shortcut
Oh Shelob'sAppetite! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure you disagree for fun sometimes hahaha Wink

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 8:25am

Post #347 of 366 (17042 views)
Shortcut
Umm .. I could easily say the same? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't believe you guys that have watched LOST so much can say that it isn't her. It is so obviously (to me) her! Wink

stormcrow20
Gondor

Jul 25 2012, 10:09am

Post #348 of 366 (17046 views)
Shortcut
Is that a copy of... [In reply to] Can't Post

...The Hobbit on Martin Freeman's table?

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 25 2012, 11:17am

Post #349 of 366 (17321 views)
Shortcut
Too pristine [In reply to] Can't Post

It hasn't been read enough if you ask me Wink

dave_lf
Gondor

Jul 25 2012, 1:57pm

Post #350 of 366 (17097 views)
Shortcut
Dissonance [In reply to] Can't Post

My facial recognition skills are abysmal so I won't weigh in*, but I think it's interesting that people can have such certainty in such diametrically opposed opinions over a simple matter of empirical fact. Maybe they just did a really good job of making the stunt doubles look like the actors they replace? The high resolution and 3d mean they'll need to.

*I've known this at some level for a long time, but was finally able to prove it when I took this test and scored way below average. Crazy

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.