Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New Prod Blog
First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

ElAnilloUnico
The Shire

Jul 24 2012, 7:23pm

Post #301 of 366 (17248 views)
Shortcut
Videoblog with Spanish subtitles [In reply to] Can't Post

And here's the videoblog with Spanish subtitles

Once again, thank you very much!

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 7:36pm

Post #302 of 366 (17490 views)
Shortcut
I'm fighting a loosing battle here! [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.google.co.uk/...t:429,r:10,s:0,i:101

I'll keep posting pictures until I convince someone on here it's her!

Say, is she on twitter (and someone else on here - I'm not)? We could easily ask her Wink

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 24 2012, 7:44pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 7:55pm

Post #303 of 366 (17659 views)
Shortcut
Best comparison picture I could find ... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.google.co.uk/...t:429,r:1,s:23,i:150

The smile is identical - even the lines (whatever they're called).

I've never been more sure about anything ... Unimpressed

namarie
Rohan

Jul 24 2012, 8:02pm

Post #304 of 366 (17462 views)
Shortcut
Yes, probably you do and [In reply to] Can't Post

no she is not :)

There is always hope

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 8:11pm

Post #305 of 366 (18045 views)
Shortcut
In a normal situation ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would've given up by now and accepted I'm wrong.

Not this time round! Evil Wink

DarkJackal
Rohan

Jul 24 2012, 8:34pm

Post #306 of 366 (17668 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps this will help you... [In reply to] Can't Post

I know nothing about Evangeline, never really watched Lost, and don't really care if that's her or not, and I'm only looking at the examples which have been posted here, BUT I think you're right based on these images (yes, I'm using the one that Shelob provided as proof that it was not her, but which I think proves it is her):

When I made one semi-transparent and overlaid the two, they matched almost perfectly. Her head is just a bit further tilted away in one, so it won't be exact,. The massive pixelation on the vlog image accounts for the slight distorted look of the nose.

(This post was edited by DarkJackal on Jul 24 2012, 8:35pm)

Aranaes
Rivendell

Jul 24 2012, 8:36pm

Post #307 of 366 (17409 views)
Shortcut
If I may.... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I also think it's not her because her eyebrows look painted on and theyre high above this lady's natural brow, the way you would make up a stunt double - only for motion scenes so the facial features have the same proportions.

'And I name you elf-friend and blessed. May your shadow never grow less (or stealing would be too easy)!'

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 8:36pm

Post #308 of 366 (18192 views)
Shortcut
Thanks DarkJackal :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I can always rely on you to give better screencap examplesCool

Undeniably her.

Like you, I don't care whether it is her, an extra or her stunt double. When you know you're right though, you can't help but fight for your corner Sly

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 8:41pm

Post #309 of 366 (17921 views)
Shortcut
Does Gimli look like JRD? [In reply to] Can't Post

Not really Wink.

Have to remember that this picture is very blurry, and the majority of Lilly pictures are from LOST. Here she has long red hair and red eyebrows. Any comparison is difficult. If you look at DarkJackal's post though, you can see how similar they are. Smile

DarkJackal
Rohan

Jul 24 2012, 8:44pm

Post #310 of 366 (17702 views)
Shortcut
The more trivial the matter... [In reply to] Can't Post

...the more doggedly you fight for it. I know this well Wink

Aranaes
Rivendell

Jul 24 2012, 8:44pm

Post #311 of 366 (17253 views)
Shortcut
The voice sounds like Ori to me [In reply to] Can't Post

Im sorry, I've been trying to hear that voice as Sylvester but it just sounds so obviously like Adam Brown (Ori) to me!

'And I name you elf-friend and blessed. May your shadow never grow less (or stealing would be too easy)!'

Crunchable Birdses
Rohan

Jul 24 2012, 8:45pm

Post #312 of 366 (17631 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm...I'm starting to lean towards it being Lilly now... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I was wrong on the nose profile thing. I found a profile pic of Lilly, and her nose seems a lot straighter from the side oddly. Check this out:
http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/18200000/evangeline-lilly-L-Or-al-Sublime-Mousse-photoshoot-evangeline-lilly-18240936-478-712.jpg

Which might just about be consistent with the image of her kissing in the vlog, because making that face does cause the tip to bend down a bit, making the nose seem a bit more aquiline...

* crunch *

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 8:50pm

Post #313 of 366 (17273 views)
Shortcut
hehe! Here I go again ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry Aranaes ... this thread makes me come across as argumentative and pushy! Not normally like it Smile

Crunchable Birdses
Rohan

Jul 24 2012, 8:53pm

Post #314 of 366 (17612 views)
Shortcut
A profile comparison [In reply to] Can't Post

make of that what you will.

Could be her perhaps after all.

* crunch *

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 8:59pm

Post #315 of 366 (17348 views)
Shortcut
This one is more tricky as she is looking up and towards her left in the vlog / [In reply to] Can't Post

The Grey Elf
Grey Havens

Jul 24 2012, 9:00pm

Post #316 of 366 (17535 views)
Shortcut
Lilly - Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is definitely her. Compare the eyebrows and jawline and neck.

Code

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Jul 24 2012, 9:12pm

Post #317 of 366 (17780 views)
Shortcut
I'm gonna have to agree DanielLB [In reply to] Can't Post

I truly think it is her. looking at the photos it really does look like her IMO and if its not her its someone made up enough to look like her but I'm in the "its her" camp. Wink

Aranaes
Rivendell

Jul 24 2012, 9:22pm

Post #318 of 366 (18180 views)
Shortcut
the lady in the blog... [In reply to] Can't Post

What I'm saying is, in the blog, the lady's eyebrows look so falsely positioned that I couldnt imagine her looking good in a still shot or close up. Without comparing her to Lily pics, the eyebrows are higher than the person's (whoever she may be) natural brow line.

Aranaes
Rivendell

Jul 24 2012, 9:34pm

Post #319 of 366 (18223 views)
Shortcut
No not at all [In reply to] Can't Post

No need to apologise, I read most of your posts a lot of the time so I know your're not argumentative and pushy.
So do you not think the line "Why? Where are you going?" sounds like Adam Brown's distinctly nasaly voice?

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 9:41pm

Post #320 of 366 (17534 views)
Shortcut
I see what you mean - they look too plucked, making them look like they've been drawn on. / [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 9:43pm

Post #321 of 366 (17370 views)
Shortcut
No, I don't think it's Adam Brown. [In reply to] Can't Post

It distinctively sounds like Sylvester McCoy - which I'm surprised by, as I thought he would change his voice.

The scene also occurs on the last day of shooting, which, judging by all the blurs, is between Gandalf and Radagast (and possibly Beorn).

imin
Valinor

Jul 24 2012, 9:49pm

Post #322 of 366 (17236 views)
Shortcut
I have been gone only a few hours and look what happens, lol [In reply to] Can't Post

At first i didnt think it looked like her at all, but thought i would agree with you out of the fact i like to think you are right alot of the time, especially as i normally have the same opinion, lol.

Now after seeing a few more photos it does seem it is her so i was right to trust you, lol.

I dont mean to be rude but comparing to the other photos of her what makes it harder is it looks like she has got slightly more chubby cheeks and adipose can smooth and distort facial features.

Good work on standing your ground, you would make a good dwarf! haha

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 9:53pm

Post #323 of 366 (17331 views)
Shortcut
You secretly doubted me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Shocked
I can see where everyone comes from saying it doesn't look like her though. I was a massive LOST fan (don't talk about the end though ...) and still re-watch it. I think I'm just familiar with her face Wink.

Regarding the chubiness - I wonder if it is just this particular shot, or whether she was asked to put on a bit of weight? Alcoholic elves aren't as skinny as Legolas!

imin
Valinor

Jul 24 2012, 9:58pm

Post #324 of 366 (17451 views)
Shortcut
Never for a second! :P [In reply to] Can't Post

I think maybe it is just that shot that she somehow looks bigger? I cant really imagine why they would want her to be bigger and i doubt she would let herself get bigger when she was in such good shape in LOST.

I was a big fan of lost i even liked it when everyone else said it had started going too weird! the ending was so bad i just ugh i dunno anticlimax just doesnt cut it, lol.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2012, 10:01pm

Post #325 of 366 (17277 views)
Shortcut
Should we move on to some speculation? [In reply to] Can't Post

https://plus.google.com/.../5768450907602015938

(Edit: For some reason it won't link to the correct picture. Scroll left until you see her ears)

Assuming the above picture is Tauriel (Wink) she has super pointy ears.

They're a lot pointier than Arwen's and Galadriel's:

http://www.google.co.uk/...=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:78

http://www.google.co.uk/...QW09YGgDA&zoom=1

And even Legolas':

http://www.google.co.uk/...=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:73

Anyone have any (serious and non-serious) suggestions as to why this might be? Laugh

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 24 2012, 10:08pm)

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.