Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Who would you be in Fictionland?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Who would you be in Fictionland?
The hero
The anti-hero
The trusty sidekick
The wise old mentor
The comic relief
The love interest
The smart guy doing the planning
The big guy doing the fighting
The loner working alone
The morally ambiguous wildcard
A mook
A neutral spectator
The survivalist collaborating with the villain out of selfish interest
The passionate minion loyal to the bad guy out of ideology
The passionate female minion loayl to the bad guy out of love
The villain
The snarky only sane man facepalming at all the above
Other
View Results (46 votes)

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jul 22 2012, 9:40pm

Post #1 of 32 (836 views)
Shortcut
Who would you be in Fictionland? Can't Post

Simple. If you lived in a fictional universe of a movie, book, tv-series etc etc, what kind of character would you be? Oh and I know these are incredibly stereotypical options, and not all in the good way, but that's the point.

Watching the Dark Knight Returns made me realize once more that in a movie, I'd totally be one of those crazy minions who worship the bad guy with passionate fever. Ouch. Sly

(This post was edited by Faenoriel on Jul 22 2012, 9:42pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 22 2012, 9:46pm

Post #2 of 32 (374 views)
Shortcut
In reality I'd be .... [In reply to] Can't Post

the loner working alone (since that is what I do most days Wink). I'd like to think I was the smart guy doing the planning, and even more delusional, the hero Cool

If I could choose one, I'd be the trusty sidekick. Nothing ever happens to the trusty sidekick Unimpressed Sly

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 22 2012, 9:51pm)

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jul 22 2012, 9:48pm

Post #3 of 32 (379 views)
Shortcut
They may diiiiiiiie [In reply to] Can't Post

Though it's safer to be the sidekick than the love interest or the mentor. Those always die.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 22 2012, 9:53pm

Post #4 of 32 (350 views)
Shortcut
Really, I'm just basing it on Sam ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd make a rubbish villain, that's for sure. I wouldn't have the patience Evil. It takes baddies ages to do anything, and even then, they are quickly defeated.

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jul 22 2012, 9:56pm

Post #5 of 32 (357 views)
Shortcut
Being the villain is surely very frustrating [In reply to] Can't Post

You're usually the smartes person around (but nobody appreciates it!), you work hard (but nobody appreciates it!), have to deal with idiotic subordinates screwing things up, have nobody to trust... while the hero and his merry bunch of friends and mentors come and ruin your plan just as it's about to come to its long awated fruition. Every --- single ---- time!

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 22 2012, 9:58pm

Post #6 of 32 (343 views)
Shortcut
Sauron would have felt a lot better if he had someone to hug [In reply to] Can't Post

{{{{{Sauron}}}}}

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jul 22 2012, 10:00pm

Post #7 of 32 (357 views)
Shortcut
Poor old Sauron [In reply to] Can't Post

Nobody understannnnnnnddddsss him!

Unsure

(How do you hug a giant fiery eyeball?)

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Jul 22 2012, 10:06pm

Post #8 of 32 (371 views)
Shortcut
I'd be the wise old mentor [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know why, but that sort of character has always been my favourite in pretty much every film/book/play etc.
On the plus side, although the mentor usually dies he often gets to come back (Gandalf, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Aslan etc)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 22 2012, 10:12pm

Post #9 of 32 (343 views)
Shortcut
Pre-fiery eyeball obviously ;-P / [In reply to] Can't Post

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jul 22 2012, 10:17pm

Post #10 of 32 (336 views)
Shortcut
Oooh, good point [In reply to] Can't Post

about the mentors coming back, in some form or another.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jul 22 2012, 10:41pm

Post #11 of 32 (356 views)
Shortcut
The side-kick [In reply to] Can't Post

so that I can make wise-cracks. Although if the role involves a lycra outfit, I'd call in sick until the crisis was averted.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 23 2012, 11:09am

Post #12 of 32 (366 views)
Shortcut
Looks like we "all"* want to be the trusty sidekick [In reply to] Can't Post

* 4 of us anyway Wink

What is a mook? Crazy

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jul 23 2012, 12:38pm

Post #13 of 32 (338 views)
Shortcut
Mook = an ordinary henchman/soldier [In reply to] Can't Post

Ordinary Orcs and Gondor/Rohan soldiers are mooks. Individually they're expendable and not very threathening, but every self respecting authority figure should have at least a few thousand of them at hand to (fail to) do all the common tasks such as catching and guarding the hero, and more importantly, to march in impressive formations.

Mook's life expectancy is the shortest out of all. Even the love interest has it better, as s/he usually won't die until rather late in the story.

Vangalad
Lorien

Jul 23 2012, 2:06pm

Post #14 of 32 (330 views)
Shortcut
It's tuff [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't decide, it requires to analyze a lot of shelf-aspects... so gonna say the comic relief! Crazy

I'm very fond of Gimli's, Pippin's,Bilbo's funny moments( in terms of middle earth saga).
In difficult situations some humour ,sarcasm and cheer up words are so needed and appreciated.Smile

Escapist
Gondor

Jul 23 2012, 2:25pm

Post #15 of 32 (324 views)
Shortcut
I had the same question [In reply to] Can't Post

But I found something else when I looked "Mook" up Shocked I still think I wouldn't have picked it, though.
I guess that in reality, the Mook would be the most populous role - so maybe that is where I would fit.
But I picked "morally ambiguous wildcard" because it seemed to best fit past history as I remember it,
in spite of efforts to be more definedly good and moral ... and pressure to fit a Mook slot Evil - I don't feel I usually
do "fit in" that well anyway, to be a Mook - so wildcard it is Crazy

Nightingale
Rohan

Jul 23 2012, 3:18pm

Post #16 of 32 (291 views)
Shortcut
Ok I admit it [In reply to] Can't Post

I wanna be the hero! Laugh Adventure, swords, peril, quests with riddles, "certainty of death small chance of success"... I'm a complete sucker for all of that stuff.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 23 2012, 3:21pm

Post #17 of 32 (330 views)
Shortcut
That's why I asked! [In reply to] Can't Post

It said Mook was something else Shocked Wink

imin
Valinor

Jul 23 2012, 4:04pm

Post #18 of 32 (278 views)
Shortcut
Anti-hero [In reply to] Can't Post

Some tough choices but i think the anti-hero has the best of both worlds. Can be as badass as a villain but ultimately you are the hero. Or maybe be something like batman - vigilante.

sevilodorf
Gondor

Jul 23 2012, 4:34pm

Post #19 of 32 (312 views)
Shortcut
Third spectator on the right [In reply to] Can't Post

Someone in the background .. cleaning up the aftermath and writing the stories of what happened.

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jul 23 2012, 6:21pm

Post #20 of 32 (308 views)
Shortcut
The Hero... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm too vain to consider myself for anything else...

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 23 2012, 8:46pm

Post #21 of 32 (271 views)
Shortcut
The loner working alone for me. [In reply to] Can't Post

Id be the Hobbit who never leaves his Hobbit-Hole.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Jul 23 2012, 8:52pm

Post #22 of 32 (264 views)
Shortcut
Yep, that sounds like me too. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Sam20
Lorien

Jul 24 2012, 6:11pm

Post #23 of 32 (263 views)
Shortcut
Kind of character [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess to me that would be either the trusty sidekick or the loner working alone that depend for what cause and the context of the situation. Anyway I don't see myself as someone who like fame and to be directly under the sportlight so for me it would be the kind of role in the sideline or the background without drawing too much attention.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jul 29 2012, 7:47am

Post #24 of 32 (289 views)
Shortcut
Wise mentor of indeterminant age :D / Also regarding number of sidekicks [In reply to] Can't Post

Wise mentor of indeterminant age is what I'd prefer, but, since that wasn't a choice, I went with Wise Old MentorWink. Second choice was Comic Relief; I tend to make dumb jokes whenever I'm in a stressful situation. So in my case, I'd be more like Comic? Relief.

Also, regarding all those who chose side-kick, I'm reminded of the Disney film Sky High. No, it's not a drug reference. It's about a high school for super heros and side kicks that happens to be up in the sky. On the first day of school, kids have to demonstrate their super powers and they are then placed either in the Super Hero program or the Side Kick program, depending on how inpressive their power is. It's not great, but kind of cute with a nice message about the how important everyone is. They undercut the message a bit in the end, but still cute.

Annael
Half-elven

Aug 8 2012, 4:49pm

Post #25 of 32 (262 views)
Shortcut
none of those - I'd be the brainy woman who ends up with the action hero please! [In reply to] Can't Post

Scully, Jane Foster, Pepper Potts, "Bones" Brennan, etc.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.