Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Lego LOTR in the UK.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 21 2012, 2:02pm

Post #1 of 30 (419 views)
Shortcut
Lego LOTR in the UK. Can't Post

Hey all,

Has anyone had any luck finding the new Lord of the Rings lego in the UK? Spoke to someone in Argos, and they didnt think that all stores would be getting them. Have yet to see them in a single shop, and was just wondering if anyone had any luck yet?

"If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world."
J.R.R. Tolkien

imin
Valinor

Jul 21 2012, 2:08pm

Post #2 of 30 (143 views)
Shortcut
Just checked Argos online [In reply to] Can't Post

They have loads of of LOTR lego stuff. Helms deep, mines of Moria, Weathertop, uruk hai, shelob, gandalf arriving by horse and cart, the forges of isengard etc.

It may not be available in each shop but if the website states it surely you can buy it directly online?

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 21 2012, 2:23pm

Post #3 of 30 (131 views)
Shortcut
Yeah aware of those seems to be a release of 21/7 on them.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the reply,

Saw those a while ago, tried to order but it kept coming up as a preorder when processing the order. So was just wondering if they had started filtering through into actual shops yet.

Argos seems to state 21/7 as a release date for them on their site, so may well start seeing them in shops soon hopefully.

"If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world."
J.R.R. Tolkien

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 21 2012, 2:32pm

Post #4 of 30 (129 views)
Shortcut
That's today? / [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 21 2012, 2:35pm

Post #5 of 30 (124 views)
Shortcut
I have a local LEGO shop .... [In reply to] Can't Post

And everytime I have gone passed there has been nothing. Nothing to even suggest they will be selling them (no advertising, or coming soon ... etc).

imin
Valinor

Jul 21 2012, 2:42pm

Post #6 of 30 (122 views)
Shortcut
Amazon [In reply to] Can't Post

Only three left in stock for the mines of Moria Lego set. Seem to be going very quickly if they have only just been released today.

I would have given my left leg to have that as a child!

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 21 2012, 2:44pm

Post #7 of 30 (119 views)
Shortcut
Yes, but still cant be ordered when i tried this morning, and nothing in shops.. [In reply to] Can't Post

May take till Monday i guess for it to all filter through, but im suprised its took so long for it to reach here. They are going to do very well on these sets i predict and would have though we would have got then sooner.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 21 2012, 2:45pm

Post #8 of 30 (129 views)
Shortcut
Ah, thanks for the heads up, will look now.// [In reply to] Can't Post

J.R.R. Tolkien

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 21 2012, 2:48pm

Post #9 of 30 (126 views)
Shortcut
Hmm.. Amazon are over-charging by around 10.. sad.. [In reply to] Can't Post

The ''Gandalf Arrives'' set is supposed to be 11.99, and its 19.99 on there. I really want that set out of all of them, but going to wait and see if Argos get them this week.

My budget will only stretch for the Gandalf set and maybe the Shelob one.

J.R.R. Tolkien

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 21 2012, 3:20pm

Post #10 of 30 (119 views)
Shortcut
I just had a look myself [In reply to] Can't Post

And never realised how much LEGO was?! 133 for the Helm's Deep set!

imin
Valinor

Jul 21 2012, 3:24pm

Post #11 of 30 (112 views)
Shortcut
I know! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure it wasnt that much back in my day Tongue

I used to get a little 5 pound bit of Lego every other saturday if i had been good at home and school. Safe to say it worked and i ended up with an entire Lego city, haha!

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 21 2012, 3:27pm

Post #12 of 30 (110 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, crazy isnt it? [In reply to] Can't Post

They are amazing sets, but i cant spend that kind of money on them.

Shelob Attacks (19.99) and Gandalf Arrives (11.99) i can buy though.

One thing i will not be able to resist though is Bag End when that is released. Thats going to hurt my pocket.

J.R.R. Tolkien

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 21 2012, 3:28pm

Post #13 of 30 (115 views)
Shortcut
I'm not sure anyone can afford it [In reply to] Can't Post

Who in their right mind would spend that much money on some plastic bricks?! Is it simplye because it is LOTR, or all LEGO sets this size that price?

imin
Valinor

Jul 21 2012, 3:32pm

Post #14 of 30 (110 views)
Shortcut
I think they have all increased in price since when we were younger [In reply to] Can't Post

But thats gonna happen really, lol. Checked out the Lego City stuff on Amazon and i cant believe how much more it is. Such as the fire station i loved as a kid is now 42 pounds!

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 21 2012, 3:33pm

Post #15 of 30 (110 views)
Shortcut
All of them are that price sadly. Been like that for years. [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember my younger brother getting the Hogwarts Castle lego set around 10 or more years ago now, and that was well over 100.

They are wonderfully made sets, but there prices are too high.

J.R.R. Tolkien

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 21 2012, 3:42pm

Post #16 of 30 (103 views)
Shortcut
I don't remember ever getting sets [In reply to] Can't Post

I just had a big bucket of LEGO pieces - it's probably still somewhere in my parents house! Never too old for LEGO ... Laugh

imin
Valinor

Jul 21 2012, 3:50pm

Post #17 of 30 (116 views)
Shortcut
I had mainly just standard Lego pieces to [In reply to] Can't Post

And if im honest i think they are better than the sets, in terms of how much fun they give to a kid. As you can do whatever you like with them. Saying that i know i would be wanting some of the LOTR Lego if it were out when i was younger.

My sister has all my Lego in a massive plastic bucket now. Last time i saw her we built a mini city together, hehe.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 21 2012, 4:28pm

Post #18 of 30 (100 views)
Shortcut
They would've been on my Christmas list too! [In reply to] Can't Post

When did LEGO get the rights for all this merchandise? Gone for everything haven't they,

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 21 2012, 4:28pm)

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 21 2012, 4:41pm

Post #19 of 30 (122 views)
Shortcut
It pretty much all started from Harry Potter i think.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I cant remember anything Lego based on books/films before that. The HP stuff was so popular that they sought out more licences.

They have lots of LOTR and The Hobbit sets planned.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 21 2012, 7:32pm

Post #20 of 30 (92 views)
Shortcut
*Update* The Argos online seems to be letting you order them now... [In reply to] Can't Post

Ordered the Gandalf set, will be here in 2 days, so it seems they are now in stock online at Argos.

J.R.R. Tolkien

imin
Valinor

Jul 21 2012, 7:34pm

Post #21 of 30 (87 views)
Shortcut
Great, happy for you! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 21 2012, 7:35pm

Post #22 of 30 (84 views)
Shortcut
ebay has some of the sets cheaper than amazon [In reply to] Can't Post

For instance:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/...;hash=item4d03334053

And it's free postage.

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 21 2012, 7:38pm

Post #23 of 30 (88 views)
Shortcut
Thanks!, i must ban myself from the Argos site now, impulse too strong! // [In reply to] Can't Post

J.R.R. Tolkien

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 21 2012, 7:46pm

Post #24 of 30 (118 views)
Shortcut
Yeah noticed those myself, sadly it says its a pre-order. [In reply to] Can't Post

Good price for them though, only 50p ish extra.

Thanks for the link anyway.

J.R.R. Tolkien

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 22 2012, 11:02am

Post #25 of 30 (107 views)
Shortcut
Toys R Us now has them up [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/...0rings&media=web

When I looked yesterday I'm pretty sure they didn't have any Crazy

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.