The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Collecting The Precious - The Bridge Direct Winners and Comic-Con 2012 Coverage
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jul 19 2012, 7:31am

Post #1 of 209 (11016 views)
Shortcut
Collecting The Precious - The Bridge Direct Winners and Comic-Con 2012 Coverage Can't Post

Just before Comic-Con the amazing folks at The Bridge Direct graciously gave TORn two of their Comic-Con 2012 The Hobbit: AnUnexpected Journey 'Invisible" Bilbo Baggins figures. Well, today we are pleased to not only announce the winners of that contest, we are also excited to share images from their booth at the 2012 HobbitCon...err...Comic-Con. The winners of the contest are T. Garner of Arlington, Tx and K. Stevens of Studio City, Ca! Congrats to both of you and your information will be passed onto The Bridge Direct. Now, about The Bridge Direct's Comic-Con presence. The figures displayed at Comic-Con looked AWESOME! Fans got a chance to see many of the figures talked about in the line-up article we posted just before Comic-Con and these figures did not disappoint one bit. What fans also got to see where figures not shown in the line up article, including Dawlin, Balin, Fili, Kili, and Smeagol/Gollum in the 3.75 in. range of figures. We also got a look at Sting and the Dwarven Axe. Just from seeing these in person I can say fans are going to be getting some fantastic figures! According to our friends at The Bridge Direct, this is just the tip of the iceberg! Follow the break for the full gallery. [The Bridge Direct]

[gallery link="file" columns="4"]

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 19 2012, 3:11pm

Post #2 of 209 (10016 views)
Shortcut
Such cool figures [In reply to] Can't Post

Great figure by some pretty cool folks. Had a great time talking with them at comic-con.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jul 26 2012, 8:25pm

Post #3 of 209 (10021 views)
Shortcut
Figures [In reply to] Can't Post

Elessar, it must have been AWESOME to see the figures in person! I put a few pre orders in for these. Looking fwd to receiving them.

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 26 2012, 8:31pm

Post #4 of 209 (9960 views)
Shortcut
Indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, it was pretty sweet. These are really good looking figures. These do the hobbit justice and the price of the figures are fantastic. When younger them le us know what you think.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 2 2012, 5:24pm

Post #5 of 209 (9931 views)
Shortcut
Will do! [In reply to] Can't Post

I should be receiving the figures between September and October. I wanted all of my items shipped together in order to save so other consumers might have them a while before me, but I will let you know what I think when they arrive.

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 3 2012, 12:16am

Post #6 of 209 (9957 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! Thank ya. [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 3 2012, 2:46pm

Post #7 of 209 (9938 views)
Shortcut
3rd Movie Consequences on Figures [In reply to] Can't Post

You're welcome and thank you! Do you think the figures that were at Comic Con are going to change or will possibly be delayed with announcement of the third movie? I would hope not, but I'm not sure how distributors and retailers are going to react to this. It would be cool if the third film lead to more figures, of course. Happy Friday!

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 3 2012, 10:13pm

Post #8 of 209 (10088 views)
Shortcut
I don't think so. [In reply to] Can't Post

What we saw at comic-con are the main characters. So this should be fine but it could delay beast characters, bard, etc. it would be items that were likely to be characters from movie two that will be affected. I expect the third film to lead to some items we wouldn't have seen otherwise.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 6 2012, 4:32pm

Post #9 of 209 (9777 views)
Shortcut
Outstanding! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope you enjoyed your weekend, Elessar! I pre ordered all of the figures that were on display at Comic Con and am looking forward to receiving those. I did pre order a few other individual 3.75 figures that were not present at Comic Con. Same goes for a few beast packs. I wouldn't mind it if those were delayed, as long as they were actually created. The thought of more figures being created between the second and third films is enlightening.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 6 2012, 4:45pm

Post #10 of 209 (9798 views)
Shortcut
Minor Correction [In reply to] Can't Post

I did not purchse the 5 pack with Thorin, Kili, Fili, Dwalin, or Bilbo and Gollum individually, but I should be receiving all of the basic 3.75 figures displayed at Comic Con with the pre orders I submitted.

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 6 2012, 10:19pm

Post #11 of 209 (9939 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I did. I hope you enjoyed yours. Nice! I haven't yet but I'm going to be ordering some for sure. I'm eager and told the folks from TBD how much I'm looking forward to their beast packs based on how their figures looked. Yeah, the third film for many reasons is exciting and that's one of them.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 7 2012, 1:08pm

Post #12 of 209 (10044 views)
Shortcut
Beast Packs [In reply to] Can't Post

My weekend was good, thanks! My orders went into Toywiz and BBTS. Though, the items for sale disappeared from both websites. A rep from Toywiz told me that they did not know how many of each item that they would be receiving, but that my order was still valid unless the manufacturer chose not to make them. TBD, don't let me down! lol

Yea, I'm looking fwd to Nori and the Stone Troll along with the Orc and Warg. I hope they make Nori with his vast array of weapons I heard that he carries. I wonder, is the Stone Troll going to be in live or stone form? Either way, I expect nothing less than GREAT! lol I'm curious to see if the Wargs look similar to the ones in LOTR? Anyway, I orderd Nori and Stone Troll beast pack along with the Orc and Warg beast pack. Question for you - they are making "Thorin with Goblin King" beast pack. Does the Goblin King represent Bolg? I ordered the figures separately, which is why I didn't order this particular beast pack.

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 8 2012, 12:53am

Post #13 of 209 (9986 views)
Shortcut
BP [In reply to] Can't Post

Good! :) yeah, they put them up for sale before they were supposed to so that's why they're not there. PO I believe start in Sept (have to check the article to be sure) so you'll see them again then.

I would imagine he'll have those. I think with the trolls we will get both actually. They would look cool and both would sell. I could have sworn I saw them at comic-con in one of the clips or a pic and they looked the same. Maybe, I just dreamt that though. lol Yeah, I assume they mean bolg. We will see Azog I believe but he wouldn't be partnered up with Thorin.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 8 2012, 12:40pm

Post #14 of 209 (9877 views)
Shortcut
The Fall Brings Dwarves [In reply to] Can't Post

Guess I was a bit lucky to order them when I did. You never know when certain items will become rare or sell out. Plus, I was content with the prices I got from Toy Wiz and BBTS. I think you're right about some of the figures being available in September. I believe a few others are listed to debut in October.

If Stone and Normal versions of the trolls are created in the 3.75 and/or 6 inch line, that would be awesome! Let's hope your possible dream becomes a tangible reality. lol There's been no mention of this yet, but I hope none of the figures have "sword swinging action!" Even when Toybiz made the LOTR lines and select figures had such functions, I was not a fan. Thanks for the insight on Bolg! They're making a 6 inch deluxe version of Azog, if my memory serves me correctly. I'm curious to see what Bolg and Azog look like.

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 8 2012, 11:40pm

Post #15 of 209 (9849 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait for fall [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I think you snuck in on that. lol I agree items you would never think to be rare end up that way or vice versa. That's what I thought but I'd have had to re-read the article.

Yeah, that would be AWESOME! So let's keep our fingers crossed and maybe it will happen. I don't know if they will or won't and I didn't ask but I don't think bilbo from sdcc does. So I'd say the rest won't. No problem. I may be wrong but he doesn't fit timeline wise with Thorin. Like you though I am itching to see the orcs.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 9 2012, 2:19pm

Post #16 of 209 (9766 views)
Shortcut
Fingers, Paws, and Claws are Crossed! [In reply to] Can't Post

You can bet that many fingers, paws, and claws will be crossed to get those trolls in both lines, including mine! lol Speaking of claws, I was thinking how splendid it would be if BD made a figure based off of the Lord of the Eagles! This would more realistically fall into the 3.75 line, of course.

Luckily, I was able to get SDCC Bilbo via Toys R Us online. With tax and shipping, it only ran me about $33.00 I've seen it on Ebay as high as $56.00 - Yikes!

Being as BD is making a 6 inch figure of Azog, it's a possibility that the father of Bolg makes a cameo in the films somewhere. He was around to kill Thror so maybe Jackson is planning to give a glimpse of the Battle of Azanulbizar??? That would be cool! If not, this figure could just be an extra treat for Tolkien enthusiasts. I'll take it! lol

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 9 2012, 11:51pm

Post #17 of 209 (9837 views)
Shortcut
That would be cool [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be awesome! I would think that's another one I'd bet on getting made. He's an minor but important character at the same time.

Nice! That's only $8 more than I paid for mine at sdcc.

I think we will see that and if we do I'd venture to guess we will see figures of them. I'd like to see them make characters lie that if nothing else as a way to show more love to middle-earth.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 10 2012, 12:22pm

Post #18 of 209 (9883 views)
Shortcut
Great Goblin + [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday, Elessar! You're right about the Lord of the Eagles being an important character. The scene where the eagles rescue Gandalf, Bilbo, and the Dwarves will most likely be in the first film so it would be a nice edition to the 3.75 line for Christmas or shortly thereafter. I'm curious to see how Jackson portrays the Great Goblin??? It would be cool to have a figure of him made. They are making a figure called "Grinnah." I saw an outline of the character and I think he's some sort of orc or goblin. Ever heard of him?

Wish I could have joined you and the rest of the crew from TORN at SDCC! If I didn't have my MBA courses in November, I would have taken off from work and would be making that trip to New Zealand with some of the others. Are you going? If TheOneRing.net does it again next year for the second film, I may be able to participate in that journey.

If the earlier battles are placed into the film, I'd like to see figures of Thror, Thrain, and maybe a young Dain developed as well. The more love to Middle Earth the merrier!

Have a great weekend!

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 11 2012, 2:09am

Post #19 of 209 (9420 views)
Shortcut
Hey [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy Friday to you as well. :) Ueah, I'm curious to see how he makes the character look but based on how he's done orcs and Uruks he should be pretty sweet looking. I think a figure will be made and I think we will see a statue from weta as well. That's not a character I remember. Will have to look it up and see what I can find.

Well, hopefully you can join us next year at sdcc. It's a great event and plenty of hobbit stuff still coming out. I wish I could go. I just can't swing it this year but maybe next year.

I want to see those battles so bad. I like you think if we do we will see thos figures as they'll look cool and sell well. I agree 100x.

U 2. Hope it rocks :)

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 13 2012, 1:18pm

Post #20 of 209 (9341 views)
Shortcut
Army Builder Ideas [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, Elessar! How was your weekend? I also trust JP with the character development. Lurtz was done well, for one. So was Gorbag. Keep me posted if you find any info on Grinnah.

The statues displayed from WETA look pretty amazing! Wish I had the room for them. lol

Going to SDCC and/or New Zealand next year would be AWESOME! I hope you can make it out as well.

Yea, I'm pretty pumped for the battles myself. I would like BD to create some generic army builder figures. For example, Toybiz made the Prologue Elven Warrior, Elven Archer, Rohirrim Soldier, Knight of Gondor, and Gondorian Ranger for the LOTR trilogy. It would be GREAT to see Dwarven Soldiers, Elven Archers, and so on!

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 14 2012, 1:38am

Post #21 of 209 (9272 views)
Shortcut
Not a bad idea [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey! Not bad but not long enough either. lol Agreed! I will. I meant to look that up over the weekend but lost track. Will do that ASAP.

They were. I understand that. Maybe you can pick up one at least.

Thanks! SDCC is most likely gonna happen but if I could figure out NZ I'd love it. I have to get there someday.

That would be a good idea. I would think they'd try that as it would sell well enough and allow folks to create some awesome displays.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 14 2012, 1:04pm

Post #22 of 209 (9443 views)
Shortcut
Evil Army [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea, my weekend is never long enough. lol Sounds good on Grinnah!

Were I to buy a Hobbit statue from Weta, they all look FANTASTIC! I'm not sure which one I would choose. lol Did you pick up any? If not, who would you purchase?

I heard NZ was very beautiful. To see Hobbiton in all of its' slendor must be a wonderful experience! Plus, you get to imagine that you were standing where PJ and several members of the cast were at one point. WOW! lol

Now that I think of it, perhaps BD will make army builders for the evil side as well? That makes sense. I'm hoping for Orc and Warg 2 packs. That would be so cool! lol

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 15 2012, 12:05am

Post #23 of 209 (9407 views)
Shortcut
Another good idea [In reply to] Can't Post

I hear that. Cool :)

I got the Thorin sdcc ex already. I will be reviewing it soon for torn. I'm behind on that with new job stuff the last few weeks.

Yeah, I've seen nothing that doesn't make me think that isn't true. Indeed! That would be one of the many many reasons to go. :)

That would be. I would be surprised if they think it will sell well that they wouldn't want to do these kinds of thing. Would be cool if they did,

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 15 2012, 11:49am

Post #24 of 209 (9292 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit "Precious" Pins [In reply to] Can't Post

The Thorin statue is pretty neat! I give you MAD props for your choice. lol Did you get the one with the exclusive shield? I'm looking forward to your review! What does this new job stuff entail, if I might be so bold as to ask?

I actually just purchased 2 official Hobbit pins from SDCC via Ebay. I'm going to give one to my sister as a present. I may wear the other as "my precious" to the movie theater when I see the film in December. lol I've already taken off for work on 12/14/2012!

From what I've read, heard, and seen of The Hobbit thus far, it's a bit difficult for me to pinpoint who my favorite characters are in the tale. Right now, I'm leaning towards Balin, Dwalin, Nori, Thorin, and Gandalf. However, this might change come the end of the year and in years to come with the other films being released. Who are your favorites?

We're half way into August and I still haven't seen Toywiz or BBTS put the 6 inch or 3.75 line figures from BD back on the websites for preorder. I'm taking a trip to San Fran at the end of the month. I'm hoping to see the them up for sale by then.

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 15 2012, 11:55pm

Post #25 of 209 (9306 views)
Shortcut
Pin [In reply to] Can't Post

It's very nice indeed. Thanks :) I did. I had to get the comic-con exclusive version. Thank ya again. I love reviewing stuff and being a part of torn. I am a school teacher and I just started the year. Basically, after I got back from sdcc I was in interviews and meetings getting ready for the year.

Nice! I couldn't get one myself but my dad got one and gave it to me. That is so cool. :) I'm taking off the day off as well. Me, mom, dad, and sister are going to see it at midnight.

I can't pick one either. I just love everything I've seen and can't wait to dive into middle-earth on the big screen. I love the look of dwalin most of the dwarves but gtg is a character that means a lot in general.

I think you've got about another month before we see them up for sale.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.