Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
A series of Hobbit/ComicCon reviews, some of which I have not seen on the site yet.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jul 17 2012, 4:16am

Post #1 of 20 (8553 views)
Shortcut
A series of Hobbit/ComicCon reviews, some of which I have not seen on the site yet. Can't Post

http://thorinoakenshield.net/category/dwarves/

Thought it was worth a post if there are any (as there seemed to be) detailed reviews or different takes we've yet to see.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jul 17 2012, 5:10am

Post #2 of 20 (7228 views)
Shortcut
That's been posted here already [In reply to] Can't Post

You do realize that that is Dark Jackal's site, don't you?

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jul 17 2012, 6:20am

Post #3 of 20 (7172 views)
Shortcut
Hitherto I had not seen it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Nor do I recall there being a link to that page in the other review sections posted here, but if there is already, mine apologies. Just seeking to share what seemed like a good find. Indeed, I still deem it a very good find, I simply am not the first here to have found it. lol

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jul 17 2012, 6:22am

Post #4 of 20 (7156 views)
Shortcut
This is why I thought it would be good to post all this stuff in one thread [In reply to] Can't Post

But I guess such a sticky was deemed unwanted...

namarie
Rohan

Jul 17 2012, 6:47am

Post #5 of 20 (7164 views)
Shortcut
I've posted the link [In reply to] Can't Post

to the blog in the "Extra interviews from Comic Con". In my thread I've added only the link to a post from the blog with a lot of video interviews. But in the same thread you will find a link to a post with a lot of cuts from internet interviews ( sorry for not making it more obvious ). If you find new interviews you could add them there so we can have only one thread with all of them :)

There is always hope

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Jul 17 2012, 7:19am

Post #6 of 20 (7298 views)
Shortcut
Here is Quint's take on the Hobbit footage. [In reply to] Can't Post

Which I haven't seen posted yet. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57079

He also says (take with grain of salt) next week we should see a new Hobbit set report. I expect for real this time, after PJ's comments on them not being done yet. Quint thought they wanted him to hold off for a bit, but I guess this was not the case.

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

(This post was edited by Pipe Dream on Jul 17 2012, 7:20am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 17 2012, 8:07am

Post #7 of 20 (7165 views)
Shortcut
Who's Quint? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink
Surprisingly, that was one of the better reports, and was very descriptive.

Confirms that Radagast has a long beard, and a big but none pointy hat. Describes a lot of the vlog for us as well! No mention of the stone giants though Unsure

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jul 17 2012, 8:15am

Post #8 of 20 (7211 views)
Shortcut
Word from Quint and Ain't it Cool at last [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for the share. Love! his ref. to expecting to see Lily Tomlin (doubtless as her oft Sesame Street visiting, oversized chair sitting, ill mannered child self Edith Ann) in Beorn's house due to the oversized furnishings. lol.

In Reply To
Which I haven't seen posted yet. http://www.aintitcool.com/node/57079

He also says (take with grain of salt) next week we should see a new Hobbit set report. I expect for real this time, after PJ's comments on them not being done yet. Quint thought they wanted him to hold off for a bit, but I guess this was not the case.

(This post was edited by AinurOlorin on Jul 17 2012, 8:18am)

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Jul 17 2012, 8:16am

Post #9 of 20 (7163 views)
Shortcut
Stone Giants would be CGI. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think Quint would see them.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 17 2012, 8:19am

Post #10 of 20 (7139 views)
Shortcut
Is Quint unable to see CGI? [In reply to] Can't Post

They were in the footage?

imin
Valinor

Jul 17 2012, 8:20am

Post #11 of 20 (7139 views)
Shortcut
Yeah i liked the quint report [In reply to] Can't Post

The description of Radagast was really encouraging, I was beginning to think he had no beard like Kili!

Stone giants as big as a mountain - hmm i doubt they can be that big surely?! I imagine they are rather large nevertheless.

Overall like you say a good report by Quint.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 17 2012, 8:23am

Post #12 of 20 (7111 views)
Shortcut
Oops! He does mention them! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks imin for pointing that out Blush

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Jul 17 2012, 8:28am

Post #13 of 20 (7134 views)
Shortcut
Thought you were refering to his set report. [In reply to] Can't Post

I figured that the Stone Giants would not be hanging around.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
Life is an adventure, not a contest.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.
Photobucket

imin
Valinor

Jul 17 2012, 8:28am

Post #14 of 20 (7119 views)
Shortcut
No worries [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't see you guys wondering about it to be honest, was just something that stuck out at me when reading Quints report, lol.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 17 2012, 9:00am

Post #15 of 20 (7098 views)
Shortcut
I read over it as the next sentence was about trolls, so I don't think I clicked [In reply to] Can't Post

These stone giants have really got me excited about The Hobbit. Attention to detail is what wins fans over Smile

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 17 2012, 9:02am

Post #16 of 20 (7087 views)
Shortcut
Ahh I see Kangi :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Have they been confirmed to be CGI?

Beorn is a giant (of sorts, compared to the company anyway), CGI isn't necessary.

AlatarVinyamar
Lorien

Jul 17 2012, 9:15am

Post #17 of 20 (7113 views)
Shortcut
Actually, it does... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Wink
Surprisingly, that was one of the better reports, and was very descriptive.

Confirms that Radagast has a long beard, and a big but none pointy hat. Describes a lot of the vlog for us as well! No mention of the stone giants though Unsure

Actually, it does:

Gandalf finishes with “Good. You’ll need it” as we see bits of crazy fantasy threats, like orcs, goblins, a Stone Giant (literally a man-shaped mountain-sized figure) tossing a giant boulder at the fellowship of dwarves on a rainy mountain ridge and the trolls holding Bilbo upside down.

ETA: Oops, too many replies since last post!

(This post was edited by AlatarVinyamar on Jul 17 2012, 9:16am)

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jul 17 2012, 10:58am

Post #18 of 20 (7050 views)
Shortcut
Lol. . . well I think that this Quint article is actually a good read hehe // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

I thirst for Khuzdűl! Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-męnu!

-I am a victim of Bifurcation- (credit to LP)

namarie
Rohan

Jul 17 2012, 12:39pm

Post #19 of 20 (7018 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Pipe Dream :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

There is always hope

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 17 2012, 3:17pm

Post #20 of 20 (7427 views)
Shortcut
Agreed, he does a lot better than most of the other reports! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.