Jackson talking to New Line?

http://filmonic.com/sam-raimi-talks-spiderman-4-and-the-hobbit/

Elven
Valinor

Oct 16 2007, 9:05pm

Post #2 of 12 (1444 views)
Shortcut
He's not saying .. [In reply to] Can't Post

anything different presently ... though his tone seems a little more upbeat - though that maybe in the reporting ...

From the website:
http://filmonic.com/...an-4-and-the-hobbit/

On The Hobbit -
He’s heard that Peter Jackson is again talking to New Line and thinks it would be great for Jackson to come back and direct the prequel because he would be the best director for that film.
However, if they decide Jackson will only produce then he would love to throw his hat in the ring to direct.
When asked about the rumors around town about exactly that happening, Jackson producing and him directing, he said he doesn’t know about that.

The Road Goes Ever On and On ...
Happy 70th Birthday to The Hobbit!!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
..*sing & sway* "All we are saying ..Is Give Pete A Chance" ...
"Your friends are with you Peter"
Let the Hobbit Happen!!!

Patty
Immortal

Oct 16 2007, 10:23pm

Post #3 of 12 (1304 views)
Shortcut
My hair just got more gray... [In reply to] Can't Post

stop toying with us, guys! Put PJ in the director's chair and let's get on with it!

For Gondor!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 16 2007, 10:35pm

Post #4 of 12 (1328 views)
Shortcut
What I hear [In reply to] Can't Post

is Raimi saying the same thing he's been saying for the past 2-3 months. He's the first one to say it would be ideal for Peter to direct the 2 films; but if not, Raimi is interested in being approached. He's responding to a common, repetitive question with a common, repetitive answer. Even IF he was privy to the possibilities, I'm sure he's sworn to silence.

*checks geek-o-meter* Nope, no movement there. ;)

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

Patty
Immortal

Oct 17 2007, 1:14am

Post #5 of 12 (1258 views)
Shortcut
What I say is.. [In reply to] Can't Post

that's ALL he'd better do it TALK.

For Gondor!

Elven
Valinor

Oct 17 2007, 9:09am

Post #6 of 12 (1225 views)
Shortcut
Same article but a little more articulate :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Sam Raimi again, this time in quote with MTV interview ... but mainly the article concentrates on his other films.
But this snippet about the Hobbit ... Im sure he has rehearsed this line a million times - yet he keeps mentioning the producer angle for Peter.
Though he knows nothing ... WinkTongueCrazy

http://www.mtv.com/...=rssYahooNewscrawler

Then, of course, there's the thorny issue of "The Hobbit." Since Raimi revealed months ago that he'd love to direct the next movie in the "Lord of the Rings" franchise, series mastermind Peter Jackson has begun making moves to once again reclaim his preciousss. Offering up his humble respect for a fellow filmmaker, Raimi is now graciously willing to step aside.

"Well, it really is Peter Jackson's project, and I wouldn't make any conditions. If Peter Jackson wanted to direct it, I think that makes the most sense," he said, backing off.
"I'm a giant fan of the book, and of Peter Jackson and his 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy," Raimi said of the reasons he had wanted to make sure the franchise didn't fall into the wrong hands.
Insisting he hasn't been privy to recent talks between Jackson and New Line Cinema ("I don't know the latest"), Raimi did leave the "Hobbit" door open with one request: that the "Lord of the Rings" filmmaker would do the same thing for him that Raimi just did for "30 Days of Night" director David Slade.
"If [Jackson] didn't want to direct it, and he was producing it," Raimi said, stating his two conditions, "then I would love to be considered for the project."

Theres also a clip of Raimi if you go to MTV site: http://www.mtv.com/...=rssYahooNewscrawler

The Road Goes Ever On and On ...
Happy 70th Birthday to The Hobbit!!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
..*sing & sway* "All we are saying ..Is Give Pete A Chance" ...
"Your friends are with you Peter"
Let the Hobbit Happen!!!

numenor888
The Shire

Oct 17 2007, 7:49pm

Post #7 of 12 (1219 views)
Shortcut
peter jackson and the hobbit [In reply to] Can't Post

my friend and i found peter jackson's address because we wanted to encourage him to direct the hobbit heres his address Peter Jackson Wingnut Films Ltd., Camperdown Road, Miramar, POB 15-208, Wellington, New Zealand

Aragorn

Dagonet
Lorien

Oct 18 2007, 2:30am

Post #8 of 12 (1148 views)
Shortcut
That's a good idea... [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you think he'd get mad if we all wrote him though? Hey, why not he should be used to fan mail by now...Wink

Dagonet,
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shdows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Eregian
The Shire

Oct 20 2007, 9:51am

Post #9 of 12 (1084 views)
Shortcut
Producing? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd like to discuss the basic idea behind this. In the case PJ is attached to this project, which is becoming more likely by the day, he won't take a step back. If he decides to spend time in the Middle-Earth universe again I'm pretty sure he will direct it himself. Not to doubt on the credentials of Sam Raimi, I would love to see him tackle The Hobbit, but if we're talking PJ, he will direct, and not just produce...

I sound so sure of myself Tongue

Bring out the Tarrot cards!

numenor888
The Shire

Apr 17 2008, 1:56am

Post #10 of 12 (864 views)
Shortcut
hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

i dont trust tarot cards

The risky Ranger
Numenor

Eregian
The Shire

Apr 17 2008, 10:40am

Post #11 of 12 (860 views)
Shortcut
Room with a view [In reply to] Can't Post

From behind my desk I have a clear view of those carrot cards laying at the bottom of my bin. So much for astrology!

Run you pigeon's, it's Robert Frost!

numenor888
The Shire

May 7 2008, 1:36am

Post #12 of 12 (895 views)
Shortcut
What [In reply to] Can't Post

what r u talking about
but r carrot cards and what do they taste like

The risky Ranger
Numenor

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.