Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Waiting in line for Hall H at Comic-Con! TORn coverage & PJ Talks about what to expect.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jul 14 2012, 10:38am

Post #1 of 178 (5548 views)
Shortcut
Waiting in line for Hall H at Comic-Con! TORn coverage & PJ Talks about what to expect. Can't Post

Apparently there are thousands already queueing for the Hall H Hobbit presentation that happens later today. Some have been queueing since Wednesday. Madness.

Peter Jackson has done his final rundown as well. In a message he posted on his faceborg account, he wrote:

Where were you all?? I was in Hall H last night, running down our Hobbit reel, and nobody was there. 6500 empty seats!

You should have come along and bought a few beers! Mind you, it was 11.30pm, so I guess everyone was busy. See you later today.

Read on for all the details, and a few choice photos from the line-up.

The Panel: when, where and how long?

The presentation is happening in Hall H at Comic-Con between 2.30pm PDT and 5.30pm PDT. But you already knew that, right? By the way, the person in that photo has been lined up since Wednesday we hear.

Warner Brothers is actually profiling not one, but three movies: Pacific Rim, Man of Steel and The Hobbit. The Hobbit presentation will not occupy the entire three-hour slot.

We're guessing The Hobbit will be the final presentation of the three, and will get somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour. That would put it to start around 4.30pm PDT and conclude around 5.30pm PDT. That is a guess though, and NOT necessarily correct.

By the way, if you're unsure when this whole shebang is going down in YOUR time zone, visit this handy little Event Announcer. It translates the start and end times for WB's presentation into just about every city around the world.

What will they cover?

Between the comments of Andy Serkis and Peter Jackson, we now have a good idea of what the lucky 6,500 people crammed into Hall H like sardines will see.

Serkis: It’s kind of vignettes of various different scenes from the first movie and then kind of focusing in on the characters… introducing you to all the Dwarf characters. It’s about eight-and-a-half minutes introducing the characters.

Jackson: A new production vlog that should soon be ready, including behind-the-scenes footage of their experiences at Comic Con, and perhaps bits of the Hobbit Reel that will be showcased there too.

Don't expect a new trailer. That's not coming until September.

Jackson is also screening the Hobbit reel at 24 fps, 2D.

He writes that: when we screened only the 48fps reel at CinemaCon a few months ago, some bloggers focussed stories, not on the content, but on their negative reaction to 10 mins of high frame rate footage. This reaction convinced me that the only fair way to experience 48fps, is to sit down and watch a complete feature length movie, with a narrative, not quick trailer cuts.

TheOneRing.net coverage

TheOneRing.net will have staff in Hall H during the presentation, and we will be live blogging as much as humanly possible. That means lots and lots of tweets and stuff, folks.

We will most likely NOT able to live stream the presentation. That means no video, and probably, no photos. No one will -- it's against Comic-Con rules! Sorry!

We will attempt to find out whether the clips that the Hobbit crew intend to show today will also be distributed on the internet, and when that might occur. No guarantees we'll get an answer, but stay tuned.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Jul 14 2012, 5:11pm)

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 14 2012, 5:22pm

Post #2 of 178 (4251 views)
Shortcut
From the Home Page: #HobbitCon is in full swing today for Historic Hall H Hobbit Panel! [In reply to] Can't Post

We are having a great time live blogging from #Hobbitcon (Comic-Con)! If you haven’t been following along, staffers are tweeting, posting pics, sharing thoughts and occasionally streaming LIVE video from all areas of the big show – making it seem like you are right there with us in San Diego! We toured booths from WETA, LEGO, Sideshow, Bridge Direct, Gentle Giant and many more on the live stream, as well as hung out with Andy Serkis, Elijah Wood and Richard Taylor!

Today should be even more historic as we cover the official Hobbit Panel at 2:30pm PT. Our team will report as much as we can via our LIVE coverage page, so join us there for the fun and frivolity! See you there! [LIVE from Comic-Con 2012] Please do take a moment to share that link with your friends and family.

(And, if you enjoy this type of coverage from us, please consider a small donation to help us handle the expenses. Even just a few dollars can go a long way!)

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

(This post was edited by Altaira on Jul 14 2012, 5:49pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 14 2012, 5:30pm

Post #3 of 178 (3929 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be fighting by eyelids to stay awake! Laugh

imin
Valinor

Jul 14 2012, 7:04pm

Post #4 of 178 (3804 views)
Shortcut
With that girl queuing since wednesday does that mean she hasnt seen any ComicCon because she has been waiting in line? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 14 2012, 7:06pm

Post #5 of 178 (3859 views)
Shortcut
The WB panel is the one most people are waiting for [In reply to] Can't Post

So I'm sure it's worth waiting for Cool

imin
Valinor

Jul 14 2012, 7:12pm

Post #6 of 178 (3809 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure it is waiting for [In reply to] Can't Post

For me it would be one of a few i would be extremely interested in and the rest i would see for the experience but wouldn't really care about (not a comic book/movie fan, lol).

I was just wondering about that girl as if she has been there the entire time then that's a kind of wasted trip to me, she wont get to experience all the rest of ComicCon unless it continues past today.

Why don't they have a ticket system where you book a seat? Or is it all part of the fun to camp out in a queue which i imagine it would be (as long as i got a chance to get some 'swag') haha.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 14 2012, 7:31pm

Post #7 of 178 (3831 views)
Shortcut
Save up imin, and we'll go next year [In reply to] Can't Post

We can take turns in waiting in the queue, while the other walks round Wink Laugh

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 14 2012, 7:46pm

Post #8 of 178 (3959 views)
Shortcut
Photos from TORn's Twitter Feed of the Hobbit signing panel [In reply to] Can't Post

The crowd awaits

Martin Freeman
another another

Richard Armitage another another

Andy Serkis

The view from above

Fans lined up as early as 5:30 am for the opportunity to meet Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage and Andy Serkis sign this exclusive Hobbit poster

NOTE: I will update with more links as they come in and my edit time allows.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Jul 14 2012, 7:48pm)

Altaira
Superuser

Jul 14 2012, 7:56pm

Post #9 of 178 (3975 views)
Shortcut
Live TORn interview with Richard Armitage coming momentarily on the live feed (link inside and on Home Page)! [In reply to] Can't Post

Link to TORn live Comic-Con feed.

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

(This post was edited by Altaira on Jul 14 2012, 7:59pm)

namarie
Rohan

Jul 14 2012, 7:56pm

Post #10 of 178 (3865 views)
Shortcut
One more [In reply to] Can't Post

https://twitter.com/...970598297601/photo/1

There is always hope

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 14 2012, 7:59pm

Post #11 of 178 (3861 views)
Shortcut
More from TORn - Hobbit signing panel photos [In reply to] Can't Post

Not a great picture but you can see Martin Freeman's signature

Martin Freeman and Richard Armitage at ComicCon 2012

Hobbit cast signing at ComicCon 2012 Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage and Andy Serkis

Members of The Hobbit cast at ComicCon 2012

Richard Armitage plays Thorin in The Hobbit

Andy Serkis plays Gollum in The Hobbit

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Jul 14 2012, 8:05pm)

imin
Valinor

Jul 14 2012, 8:00pm

Post #12 of 178 (3866 views)
Shortcut
Haha. Deal! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if a group of friends do that kinda thing. Like if you went in a 4 or bigger then there would always be a few waiting in line - can talk to each other (and other people in the queue) so as not to get bored and then you also get to experience everything ComicCon has to offer. Coming from the UK you would have to make the most of every second.

From the photos - thanks Magpie, makes me a little bit envious i am not there this year Tongue as it looks like a really fun place - even if im not that into comic, haha.

Wonder if they have banana man? lol.

Plus its kinda near where i used to live so i would be able to show u around the place Tongue

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 14 2012, 8:04pm

Post #13 of 178 (3771 views)
Shortcut
It would make sense to go in a large group [In reply to] Can't Post

But the tickets are expensive (so I've heard), so you'd need friends with a bit of money Laugh

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jul 14 2012, 8:05pm

Post #14 of 178 (3858 views)
Shortcut
As much as I love Tolkien, and am anticipating the films [In reply to] Can't Post

I am really very happy to NOT be at Comic Con.

All that tacky LA-style glitz and glamour and flashing lights and pushy crowds and loud noises, etc., is about as far away from the experience of "geekiness" that I value.

I'll take a re-read of LOTR by a fire any day.

But I am thrilled that our fellow TORNers get to be so front and center for what is one of the most anticipated Comic Con events ever.

And to be honest, I would like to just teleport in for the Hobbit reel, and then teleport out. Wink

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 14 2012, 8:07pm

Post #15 of 178 (3780 views)
Shortcut
The video is really choppy [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it likely to be my end or theres? Smile

imin
Valinor

Jul 14 2012, 8:07pm

Post #16 of 178 (3767 views)
Shortcut
That rules me out, for the moment anyway, haha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Would love to go next year though when there is all the hobbit buzz as there is now. I think the year after that i wouldn't be that fussed to see anything in particular but would imagine i still have a good time.

Maybe go over to US on a shoe string budget then win big in Las Vegas and buy a ticket from the winnings, lol.

imin
Valinor

Jul 14 2012, 8:10pm

Post #17 of 178 (3749 views)
Shortcut
Same for me, its unwatchable // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 14 2012, 8:10pm

Post #18 of 178 (3774 views)
Shortcut
Sounds like a plan ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not bothered by any other news either. If I could ever go, it would be for this. The only other thing I'm vaguely interested in is Doctor Who. I'm happy to read about that in the next couple of days, rather than refreshing webpages every couple of minutes Laugh

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 14 2012, 8:11pm

Post #19 of 178 (3812 views)
Shortcut
It's watchable for me, but probably inaudible when it comes to the interviews [In reply to] Can't Post

Edit: As soon as I say that it freezes Wink

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 14 2012, 8:12pm)

Danielos
Rohan

Jul 14 2012, 8:12pm

Post #20 of 178 (3835 views)
Shortcut
Time for update? [In reply to] Can't Post

So when will we get a report according to European time zone?

namarie
Rohan

Jul 14 2012, 8:12pm

Post #21 of 178 (3781 views)
Shortcut
Try the direct link on stickam [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.stickam.com/theonering

There is always hope

Finrod
Rohan

Jul 14 2012, 8:14pm

Post #22 of 178 (3760 views)
Shortcut
Quaerendo invenietis [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
No body text to quote.

Video seems perfectly fine to me. Must be your end.

…all eyes looked upon the ring; for he held it now aloft, and the green jewels gleamed there that the Noldor had devised in Valinor. For this ring was like to twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured; that was the badge of Finarfin and his house.
The Silmarillion, pp 150-151
while Felagund laughs beneath the trees
in Valinor and comes no more
to this grey world of tears and war.
The Lays of Beleriand, p 311

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 14 2012, 8:15pm

Post #23 of 178 (3707 views)
Shortcut
It's choppy for me too. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 14 2012, 8:16pm

Post #24 of 178 (3752 views)
Shortcut
I'm watching on that link [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems to go in phases.

imin
Valinor

Jul 14 2012, 8:16pm

Post #25 of 178 (3783 views)
Shortcut
Yeah that what i meant, lol, the sound keeps skipping. makes it unwatchable for me, lol / [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.