Free outdoor showing of FOTR in SW Fla.

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Feb 25 2007, 10:39am

Post #1 of 8 (1512 views)
Shortcut
Free outdoor showing of FOTR in SW Fla. Can't Post

Greetings!
I wanted to let anyone who may live in the South Florida area know that the City of Bonita Springs will be doing a free showing of The Fellowship of the Ring on Saturday, March 3, at 7:00 p.m. at the Riverside Park off Old Rt. 41. It is suppose to be a family picnic atmosphere. Your own blankets and beach chairs are the available seating. There will be concession stands stands selling food and drink. I still need to call and find out more info(like is it the the original or extended version etc.). Anyone interested in finding out more info may contact me through the Private Message option. I am new to the board and still learning the ropes but I wanted to post this as soon as possible. Take care, Karen

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 25 2007, 6:46pm

Post #2 of 8 (1229 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORn Shadowfaxfan! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a lot of fun. I tagged along with Aunt Dora Baggins to a few outdoor showings at the school where she teaches (they showed it on the side of one of the buildings) and at the Red Rocks Ampitheater outside of Denver. They were both a lot of fun!

Thanks for posting this here, and welcome to the boards! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

RosieLass
Valinor

Feb 26 2007, 4:26am

Post #3 of 8 (1228 views)
Shortcut
The Red Rocks showings were awesome. [In reply to] Can't Post

But those stone step seats were heck on my back...

Children’s Interpretations of the Bible

Lot’s wife was a pillar of salt during the day, but a ball of fire during the night.

The greatest miracle in the Bible is when Joshua told his son to stand still and he obeyed him.

Christians have only one spouse. This is called monotony.

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Feb 27 2007, 9:57am

Post #4 of 8 (1210 views)
Shortcut
Thankyou for the welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thankyou for the welcome! I have been coming to the website for a couple of years now and just never managed to take the time to get onto the boards. This new board is so much more inviting!!!! It took me a couple of days to set up my profile- perfectionist combined with being far from perfect at computer literacy. But I am learning and this board is full of really nice people. I go to a weather forum during hurricane season to see what the pro meteorologist have to say and some of the guys there are pretty mean to each other. So this board is a welcome change!

Lossefalme
Gondor

Feb 27 2007, 4:49pm

Post #5 of 8 (1198 views)
Shortcut
That sounds really fun. [In reply to] Can't Post

Too bad I live in NE! I'll be there in spirit, though. Enjoy - and welcome to TORn!

(Formerly Lossefalme3, just in case you're wondering)*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Aragorn threw back his cloak. The elven-sheath glittered as he grasped it, and the bright blade of Andúril shone like a sudden flame as he swept it out. 'Elendil!' he cried. 'I am Aragorn son of Arathorn, and am called Elessar, the Elfstone, Dúnadan, the heir of Isildur Elendil's son of Gondor. Here is the Sword that was Broken and is forged again! Will you aid me or thwart me? Choose swiftly!' TTT, Book III, Chapter 2
And Éomer answered: 'Since the day when you rose before me out of the green grass of the downs I have loved you, and that love shall not fail.' RotK, Book VI, Chapter 5

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Mar 4 2007, 7:25pm

Post #6 of 8 (1257 views)
Shortcut
Aloha `oe! Shadowfaxfan *waves* [In reply to] Can't Post

We have had lengthy talks already on PM
but I just wanted to give you a formal welcome on the boards.

Ke aloha nô!

Come join us in the reading room, we are currently discussing Tolkien Art for the next several weeks. Just introduce yourself as new to the board in some thread that interests you and make a comment or two on the topic, and you'll get some warm welcomes there too.

It gets a bit 'heady' sometimes, but not most of the time, but very interesting. Questions and new thread of an interesting book related topics are welcome too. The sticky on top tell about the current schedule discussion. I am leading the discussion on Alan Lee at the end of this month, March.

haven't had time to respond to latest PM, will soon.

Daughter of Neinna
(DoN for short)

Websites Directory, my drawings, Aloha & Mahalo

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

(This post was edited by Daughter of Nienna on Mar 4 2007, 7:39pm)

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Mar 5 2007, 5:06pm

Post #7 of 8 (1241 views)
Shortcut
Aloha `oe! Daughter of Nienna*Puts Plumeria Lei around your neck!!!* [In reply to] Can't Post

Thankyou for the welcome. I still need to go and formally introduce my self but I can't seem to get out of the art section!!! I love looking at everyone's work! I have been googling LOTR items for years and have now realized that some of the most beautiful work is done by the fans that I have this past week and 1/2 found here on this board and not just what is found on the New Line and the Noble Collection sites.
Thankyou for the invite to the reading room. I look forward to the discussion on Alan Lee. Take care, Karen
Plumerias from my yard!!!

s

The repetition, the doubling and the long strands of interconnected narrative all mean something. They say that life is a series of cycles, and that we will likely meet the same kinds of archetypal guardians, opponents and allies at various stages along the way. But the nature of the conflicts changes as you age and grow over the span of an epic. Reading 'The Lord of the Rings' in my 20s, I was inspired by its idealism, but also terrified by its vision of middle life and old age as a patient, plodding struggle against the mundane grinding of evil. Seeing the movie meant something else to me from my current perspective, around the corner of age fifty, reminding me that the raw intensity of youthful dreams still has purity and power. At the same time, I felt the death of comrades in the movie keenly, for comrades have started to fall around me, and I looked to the story for the courage to continue the struggle without them.---seeking meaning for our shadowed world in the mirror of a myth, just as humans have always done.
.--Christopher Vogler

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Mar 5 2007, 6:26pm

Post #8 of 8 (1477 views)
Shortcut
*smells wonderfull frangrance* Mahalo â nui [In reply to] Can't Post

A lovely way to wake up. Mahalo
DoN

Websites Directory, my drawings, Aloha & Mahalo

Nienna: “those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.