Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Entertainment Weekly: "The Scroll" shows 10 hobbit scenes, dwarves, trolls, wargs, Beorn in bear form and more!
First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Mordae
The Shire

Jul 10 2012, 9:43am

Post #226 of 355 (19739 views)
Shortcut
Wallpaper time! [In reply to] Can't Post

I made a few wallpapers for you guys!
Personally I'm using the first one, loving the colors!

http://img859.imageshack.us/img859/2336/wallpapervz.jpg

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/1711/wallpaper2bw.jpg

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6210/wallpaper3l.jpg

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/1209/wallpaper4lb.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8783/wallpaper5i.jpg

The resolution should be enough for most people too ;)

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 10 2012, 10:05am

Post #227 of 355 (22142 views)
Shortcut
same content but slightly different design [In reply to] Can't Post

very insignificant differences between the two - surely to do with different licensing arrangements, ratings systems, etc. in different countries.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 10 2012, 10:07am

Post #228 of 355 (22325 views)
Shortcut
I think this is the uk site. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think it's uncommon to have different domains for different countries. As I said in another post, there are slight differences between the two. And for some countries, of course, the language would be different.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 10 2012, 10:11am

Post #229 of 355 (21904 views)
Shortcut
Well at least I can't cry about there not being a website anymore :P // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Plan 9 Interview... in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the release of The Fellowship of the Ring.

redgiraffe
Rohan

Jul 10 2012, 10:20am

Post #230 of 355 (19667 views)
Shortcut
Thanks so much Mordae [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going with the second one! And at some point will change to the first.

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jul 10 2012, 10:38am

Post #231 of 355 (19709 views)
Shortcut
cheers Mordae :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Laketown guy: What have the dwarves -ever- done for us?

Bard: The aqueduct!

Laketown guy: Piss off! We're not from Dale

acheron
Gondor

Jul 10 2012, 11:17am

Post #232 of 355 (22090 views)
Shortcut
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH [In reply to] Can't Post

*puts on sunglasses* Cool

(reference)

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

eralkfang
Lorien

Jul 10 2012, 11:52am

Post #233 of 355 (22269 views)
Shortcut
Exactly. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was actually looking up costume reference for Fili, so I was happy to find some shots of Fili and Kili during the barrel scene when they're coatless. There, you get to see that both Fili and Kili have padding, like the other dwarves, and the thicker hand prosthetics, which makes them look, well, more dwarven! (Personally, I think Fili is the very picture of a handsome young dwarf.) [url= "http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/untitled-60-copy.jpg"]Here's a shot of Fili, here's a shot of Kili.

I also hope that there will be endless jokes at Kili's expense about his lack of a beard and general , especially given the dynamic that audition packet told us they were going for with them.

imin
Valinor

Jul 10 2012, 12:40pm

Post #234 of 355 (22001 views)
Shortcut
Fili looks dwarven [In reply to] Can't Post

Kili, i am still not sold on it. For me he just looks like a man. I think its nothing to do with his body as like anyone elses they can do what they think will make him look more dwarven. I just dont think his face looks particularly dwarven, maybe due to lack of beard or just his bone structure, or both.

I dont think it will detract from the film or anything, just if i think about how he looks he just isnt a dwarf to me, haha. The main thing is that his performance is excellent and very convincing which i am sure it will be, this is the main thing after seeing them all for a minute or so that will be the deciding factor.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 10 2012, 12:53pm

Post #235 of 355 (19524 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for these, they're awesome B-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Plan 9 Interview... in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the release of The Fellowship of the Ring.

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Jul 10 2012, 1:39pm

Post #236 of 355 (19708 views)
Shortcut
Wow! [In reply to] Can't Post

What brilliant surprise! Everything looks great! Personally I never had much of a problem with the Wargs from the trilogy but I could see why people didn't like them so its cool to see a more "traditional" design thats looks suitably intimidating and almost demonic. It's definitely another warg in the background of the burning forrest image, I'm sure it's the same one howling in the foreground. Beron also looks great, I was expecting him to look bigger though but I do like the strands of hair hinting at his human form.

Also worthy of a mention is that in the Bag-end shot, you can clearly see one of Dwalin's axes that can sometimes be seen on his back in some of he vlogs.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 10 2012, 1:43pm

Post #237 of 355 (22308 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Dan... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was quite proud of my Menegroth discovery... but no-one else seems to care Frown lol Tongue

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 10 2012, 1:48pm

Post #238 of 355 (22112 views)
Shortcut
So what do you think happens to Orcrist? (spoilers) [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you think Bilbo will steal it? I don't think the elves would be very willing to give such an important elvish sword back to a dwarf. Maybe Thorin doesn't get it back until he's dead? Frown

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 10 2012, 1:52pm

Post #239 of 355 (19657 views)
Shortcut
If you have windows 7... [In reply to] Can't Post

Go into "Personalize>Desktop Background" there's an option at the bottom "Change picture every:" If you save all the pictures in a special folder then your background will keep changing Wink

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 10 2012, 2:03pm

Post #240 of 355 (22285 views)
Shortcut
I think it's an excellent discovery! [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't despair - just that there's so much to take in at the moment. Smile

imin
Valinor

Jul 10 2012, 2:08pm

Post #241 of 355 (22075 views)
Shortcut
Dont feel sad! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a good find Smile, i think this thread is just moving so fast its hard to keep pace with everyone's posts. I know when i went to bed then woke up, the thread was 3 pages longer!

Edit - so fast in fact that dormouse responded to you whilst i was writing my post, haha!

(This post was edited by imin on Jul 10 2012, 2:08pm)

rings7
Rohan

Jul 10 2012, 2:20pm

Post #242 of 355 (22153 views)
Shortcut
Ok [In reply to] Can't Post

I was simply restating what others were saying. Nothing more.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 10 2012, 2:24pm

Post #243 of 355 (21823 views)
Shortcut
I too noticed the similarity to Alan Lee's illustration from COH [In reply to] Can't Post

You're not alone Cool

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 10 2012, 2:26pm

Post #244 of 355 (22275 views)
Shortcut
*SPOILER* In the book... [In reply to] Can't Post

... Thranduil lays it upon Thorin's breast as his body is laid to rest under the Mountain.

And it was said that ever after the blade glowed in the darkness so that the Mountain was never taken by surprise.

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Jul 10 2012, 2:33pm

Post #245 of 355 (22221 views)
Shortcut
Does this mean - [In reply to] Can't Post

And it was said that ever after the blade glowed in the darkness so that the Mountain was never taken by surprise.

- a possible War in the North movie?

artemy
Lorien

Jul 10 2012, 3:02pm

Post #246 of 355 (22117 views)
Shortcut
Excellent arguments! [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't agree with you more Marillaraina, though I think I ought to warn you now that Shelob isn't one to give up Wink

And holy beards, this thread is moving fast, I experienced the same three-page-long growth spurt overnight. Just goes to show that this is the most exciting bit of news so far.

On the subject of new costumes, I remember seeing a scale double wearing a sort of harlequin print, multicoloured affair that for whatever reason immediately made me think of Bombur. I know this occurred at a different point in the story since the dwarves were riding skewbald ponies (there weren't any of that type in the former, shaggy batch).

~Beneath the sun, all things must wear to an end at last~

(This post was edited by artemy on Jul 10 2012, 3:08pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 10 2012, 3:15pm

Post #247 of 355 (21801 views)
Shortcut
Ah, so in the book... [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin doesn't get the sword back until this point? That makes it much more touching than how I remember it...

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 10 2012, 3:18pm

Post #248 of 355 (22164 views)
Shortcut
Right! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's taken from him during his capture and handed back as a token of honour by Thranduil.

vexx801
Rivendell

Jul 10 2012, 3:18pm

Post #249 of 355 (19443 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo in Mirkwood [In reply to] Can't Post

It could be that the image of Bilbo holding his sword is actually from Riddles in the Dark. There is (from what I can see) a lack of webs on Bilbo, and it looks as if he sees something rather curious. It could be in the actual Mirkwood scene, to be sure, but it may also be from a different scene.

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 10 2012, 3:34pm

Post #250 of 355 (19452 views)
Shortcut
There's an 'add-on' (or whatever you call it) for older Windows that does the same thing [In reply to] Can't Post

I have it for XP. I have a huge collection of wallpapers it cycles through.

First page Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.