Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
In memory of past Oscar glory--I give you this annual mathom--warning--very long!!

elf_wannabee
Lorien

Feb 25 2007, 8:41am

Views: 437
Shortcut
In memory of past Oscar glory--I give you this annual mathom--warning--very long!! Can't Post

In memory of past Oscar glory--I give you this annual mathom--

FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING!!

LORD OF THE RINGS:
THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING
Andrew Lesnie--cinematography

Speech
Right... [pulls out written notes.] It's the concierge's card from L'Ermitage. I'd like to thank the Academy and New Line. I'd like to thank Mark Ordesky and Carla Fry. Peter Jackson, who is a sensational person to work with. Fran Walsh and Barrie Osborne for giving me the opportunity to work on an amazing project. I had the privilege of working with a really sensational cast and terrific crews, predominantly New Zealand. I want to send my love to my partner Bronwen and my sons Jack and Sam who are probably still at school in Sydney. I just want to say Australia and New Zealand are terrific places to grow up, and great to work in and great to live in. And last of all, I want to dedicate this to the late Brian Bansgrove, who was the chief lighting technician on LORD OF THE RINGS, on the trilogy. And Brian, this is for you. Thank you.
Additional Thanks
New Zealand D.P.s Al Guilford, John Cavill, Nigel Bluck, Simon Raby, Alex Funke, Richard Bluck, Spotty, Harry, Dave Brown, Allan and Shirley Lesnie.

LORD OF THE RINGS
Peter Owen and Richard Taylor--makeup

Speech
Taylor: We have been on the most amazing journey together due in part to the vision of Peter Jackson, the camaraderie of Barrie Osborne, the incredible support of Mark Ordesky, the faces and bodies of the actors who went through hours of makeup. My journey has been made whole by the love of my partner Tania Rodger and the wonderful genius of the small group of young New Zealanders that have gathered around us to make this so possible. Thank you everyone for helping us support this cause tonight. It's a lovely day. Thanks.
Owen: I just want to say I don't know why anyone gave me the job in the first place. I'm still recovering from that. I got an opportunity to go to the most beautiful country on earth, in my opinion, work with a genuine fellowship of people and torture a lot of actors. I can't thank the Academy enough for this. It's, it's delirium. Thank you.
Additional Thanks
Owen: Caroline Turner, Peter King, Noriko Watanabe, Jessica Lalande, Debbie Fitzpatrick, Elizabeth Pick, Tina French, Gail Taylor, Louise Leonard, Jeremy Woodhead, Noreen Wilkie, Rick Findlater

LORD OF THE RINGS:
Howard Shore--Music--score

Speech
This is incredible. Thank you to the members of the Academy. I had the good fortune of having such fantastic collaborators on this project. Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens who guided me on an amazing journey through Middle Earth. It was just a tremendously rewarding experience to translate the words of Tolkien into music and I just feel blessed to be a part of this production. I want to thank my wife Elizabeth and daughter Mae whose love and support are incredible to me and have just guided me on my journey. Thanks to Bob Shaye, Michael Lynne, Mark Ordesky, Paul Broucek, Barrie Osborne, everybody at, the crew in Tuxedo. I love you all. Thank you very much.
Additional Thanks
Thank you so much to the Academy. I was so lucky to have Peter Jackson, as well as Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, guide me on an incredible journey through Middle Earth, a journey rewarding on so many levels. It is immensely gratifying to have the oportunity to express musically the worlds of J.R.R. Tolkien, a dream come true. Now to be rewarded in this way is both humbling and exhilarating!
Especially thanks to my incredible wife Elizabeth and daughter Mae, for their unwavering love and encouragement and for continuing to make my life fun.
I have many people to thank, foremost Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne for believing in this film from the start. Mark Ordesky for his strength and conviction. Barrie Osborne, Danny Bramson, Toby Emmerich, Russell Schwartz and Rick Porras for their tenacity. Paul Broucek, Michael Tremante, Susana Peric and John Kurlander for their admirable stamina and creativity. To all of the musicians and vocalists for gorgeous performances. Sam Schwartz, Mike Gorfaine and Ronni Chasen for your support and guidance.
Dad be well. To all my crew in Tuxedo, New York, my sincere thanks

THE LORD OF THE RINGS:
Jim Rygiel, Randall William Cook,
Richard Taylor and Mark Stetson--visual effects

Speech
Rygiel: I just want to say thank you to J. R. R. Tolkien who wrote it; Peter Jackson who directed it; New Line who supported it; my wife and family, Theresa, Sara and Jackson, who supported me and the amazing artists at Weta Digital in New Zealand. Here it is.
Taylor: We wanted to weave a tapestry of heightened reality with the visual effects on LORD OF THE RINGS and a tribute has to go to Alex Funke, DOP of the miniatures department, Carla Fry who was there with us from the beginning. The wonderful people at the Weta Workshop, Mary Machlachlan, John Baster, Jason Docherty and Gino Acevedo for their work with the creatures. And all of my good friends back at home and especially my partner Tania. I send my love to you.
Additional Thanks
Rygiel: Ellen Somers, Shawn Burns, Theresa Ellis Rygiel, Sara Rygiel, Jackson Rygiel, Lauren Ritchie, Barrie Osborne, Eileen Moran, Weta Digital, Sandra Marsh Agency.
Stetson: To Jim Dow, modelshop supervisor, STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE, for giving me my first job in visual effects. To Greg Jein, for pushing me forward as the chief model maker for BLADE RUNNER. To Douglas Trumbull and Richard Edlund, two great mentors, who showed me two different ways to make movie magic. To Ridley Scott, for setting the standard of excellence by which I measure my career. And with Ridley, also to Peter Hyams, Luc Besson, Walter Hill and Peter Jackson, who each taught me differently how to collaborate, elaborate, and expand their vision. To my former partner Bob Spurlock, for six years of pursuing our craft with excellence and honor. To Scott Ross of Digital Domain, for giving me confident support to grow into the job of my dreams. To Carla Fry and Lauren Ritchie at New Line for their parts in making this project happen, and for helping to make me a part of it. And to Bob Shaye - great party last night, Bob! To the visual effects production team - Ellen Somers, Libby Hazell, Aaron Cowan, as well as Kirsty, Lisa and Square Mary, for their humor, patient effort and endurance. To the visual effects art department, shepherded by Marion Davey, and headed variously by Paul Lasaine, Christian Rivers and Jeremy Bennett for their inspired artistic contributions. To Andrew Lesnie for his passionate pursuit of excellence on these films. His enthusiasm and understanding of the visual effects requirements made our work not only possible, but much, much better. To the second unit directors and cinematographers - Geoff Murphy, John Mahaffie, Guy Norris, Simon Carroll, John Cavill, Allen Guilford, Alun Bollinger, Richard Bluck. To the miniature effects team, led by Alex Funke, who deserves this award as much as any of us, and his team, including Marty Walsh, Chuck Schuman, Rob Kerr and Dave Hardberger. To the special effects team, led by Steve Ingram, who were so willing to leap into whatever new madness we needed as we got our plates and elements. To Harry Harrison, for his genius at rigging and setting up shots at the drop of a hat. To my fellow nominees Richard Taylor, Randy Cook and Jim Rygiel, and the fine artists, technicians and crafts men and women at Weta Workshops and Weta Digital, for their faith and support when we worked together, and their follow-through afterwards. Thank you all for completing the job. To Alan Lee, for his iincredible, unparalleled vision of Middle Earth. The J.R.R. Tolkien, for a lifetime of pleasure, escape and inspiration. To Peter Jackson, for having the courage, strength, single-mindedness and vision to turn Tolkien's masterpiece into three films. To Barrie Osborne, for doing his best to keep up all sane. To my wife Leslie, and my children Katie and Paul, in the name of all the families who gave their extraordinary support to the making of this film, interrupting their lives and leaving their friends to accompany us on this quest. I know they found adventures and rewards of their own. And to my parents, Jean and Paul Stetson, for a lifetime of faith, support and encouragement. And to my wife Leslie's mother Joan Nebel, who always believed this would happen, and to Leslie's father Reynold Nebel, who left this world in May 2000. He is missed by us all.

THE TWO TOWERS--
Ethan Van der Ryn and Michael Hopkins
"The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"--sound editing

Speech
Sound Editing Ethan Van Der Ryn: With so much insanity in the world right now, we feel particularly blessed to work with such a tight-knit and talented group of people in Wellington, New Zealand. They've all poured their heart and soul into making this movie and have become a family in that process. And we share this award with all of you, and we want to thank a few of you.
Michael Hopkins:Yes, I'd like to thank Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh for this amazing vision they have.
Ethan Van Der Ryn: We want to thank Barrie Osborne and Mark Ordesky for your tenacity.
Michael Hopkins: We'd like to thank Chris Ward and Rose Dority for their unflagging support of us right way through.
Ethan Van Der Ryn: David Farmer, Brent Burge, Jason Canovas, David Whitehead, Chris Boyes, Michael Semanick, Michael Hedges. Thank you all. We wouldn't be here without you.

Special On-line Thanks
David Farmer
Brent Burge
David Whitehead
John Mckay
Jason Canovas
Martin Kwok
Ray Beentjes
Polly Mckinnon
Chris Ward
Craig Tomlinson
Katy Wood
Hayden Collow
Phil Heywood
Martin Oswin
Saril Jashi
Kyrsten Mate Camoglio
John Neill
Chris Boyes
Gary Summers
Mike Hedges
Michael Semanick
Rose Dority
Grant Johnson

Jim Rygiel, Joe Letteri, Randall William
Cook and Alex Funke
"The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers"--visual effects

Speech
Rygiel: I just want to say thank you to J. R. R. Tolkien who wrote it; Peter Jackson who directed it; New Line who supported it; my wife and family, Theresa, Sara and Jackson, who supported me and the amazing artists at Weta Digital in New Zealand. Here it is.
Taylor: We wanted to weave a tapestry of heightened reality with the visual effects on LORD OF THE RINGS and a tribute has to go to Alex Funke, DOP of the miniatures department, Carla Fry who was there with us from the beginning. The wonderful people at the Weta Workshop, Mary Machlachlan, John Baster, Jason Docherty and Gino Acevedo for their work with the creatures. And all of my good friends back at home and especially my partner Tania. I send my love to you.
Additional Thanks
Rygiel: Ellen Somers, Shawn Burns, Theresa Ellis Rygiel, Sara Rygiel, Jackson Rygiel, Lauren Ritchie, Barrie Osborne, Eileen Moran, Weta Digital, Sandra Marsh Agency.
Stetson: To Jim Dow, modelshop supervisor, STAR TREK THE MOTION PICTURE, for giving me my first job in visual effects. To Greg Jein, for pushing me forward as the chief model maker for BLADE RUNNER. To Douglas Trumbull and Richard Edlund, two great mentors, who showed me two different ways to make movie magic. To Ridley Scott, for setting the standard of excellence by which I measure my career. And with Ridley, also to Peter Hyams, Luc Besson, Walter Hill and Peter Jackson, who each taught me differently how to collaborate, elaborate, and expand their vision. To my former partner Bob Spurlock, for six years of pursuing our craft with excellence and honor. To Scott Ross of Digital Domain, for giving me confident support to grow into the job of my dreams. To Carla Fry and Lauren Ritchie at New Line for their parts in making this project happen, and for helping to make me a part of it. And to Bob Shaye - great party last night, Bob! To the visual effects production team - Ellen Somers, Libby Hazell, Aaron Cowan, as well as Kirsty, Lisa and Square Mary, for their humor, patient effort and endurance. To the visual effects art department, shepherded by Marion Davey, and headed variously by Paul Lasaine, Christian Rivers and Jeremy Bennett for their inspired artistic contributions. To Andrew Lesnie for his passionate pursuit of excellence on these films. His enthusiasm and understanding of the visual effects requirements made our work not only possible, but much, much better. To the second unit directors and cinematographers - Geoff Murphy, John Mahaffie, Guy Norris, Simon Carroll, John Cavill, Allen Guilford, Alun Bollinger, Richard Bluck. To the miniature effects team, led by Alex Funke, who deserves this award as much as any of us, and his team, including Marty Walsh, Chuck Schuman, Rob Kerr and Dave Hardberger. To the special effects team, led by Steve Ingram, who were so willing to leap into whatever new madness we needed as we got our plates and elements. To Harry Harrison, for his genius at rigging and setting up shots at the drop of a hat. To my fellow nominees Richard Taylor, Randy Cook and Jim Rygiel, and the fine artists, technicians and crafts men and women at Weta Workshops and Weta Digital, for their faith and support when we worked together, and their follow-through afterwards. Thank you all for completing the job. To Alan Lee, for his iincredible, unparalleled vision of Middle Earth. The J.R.R. Tolkien, for a lifetime of pleasure, escape and inspiration. To Peter Jackson, for having the courage, strength, single-mindedness and vision to turn Tolkien's masterpiece into three films. To Barrie Osborne, for doing his best to keep up all sane. To my wife Leslie, and my children Katie and Paul, in the name of all the families who gave their extraordinary support to the making of this film, interrupting their lives and leaving their friends to accompany us on this quest. I know they found adventures and rewards of their own. And to my parents, Jean and Paul Stetson, for a lifetime of faith, support and encouragement. And to my wife Leslie's mother Joan Nebel, who always believed this would happen, and to Leslie's father Reynold Nebel, who left this world in May 2000. He is missed by us all.

THE RETURN OF THE KING--
Grant Major (Art Direction)
Dan Hennah and Alan Lee (Set Decoration)
"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--art direction

Speech
Grant Major: Well, on behalf of all of us in the art department of "The Lord of the Rings" it's such a great moment to be here. Thank you very much to the Academy. It's been a long journey for us all, and it's just an incredible high note to finish it on. It's been an amazing ride.
Dan Hennah: I'd like to thank New Line, Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne. Mark Ordesky and of course the late Carla Fry.
Alan Lee: I'd like to thank the real wizard who led us through this amazing journey and inspired us with his energy, his vision and his nerve. And Peter Jackson, thank you very, very much for delivering these to us. And that's all, folks.
Ngila Dickson and Richard Taylor
"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--costume design

Speech
Ngila Dickson: Well, Mr. Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh, you are amazing people and Barrie Osborne. My amazing wardrobe crew. An unbelievable group of people who have stuck with us through thick and thin, five long years of film making. And Richard and Weta, my husband Hamish, my assistant Sophia, Liz, Sian, Bob, Caro, Emma, all these amazing people.
Richard Taylor: From a group of people back in Wellington, New Zealand the Weta Workshop, Peter, Fran, Barrie, everyone at New Line, the amazing cast and crew, that supported us through the last seven years, I thank you so much. Special thanks to Gary Mackay, who helped me put the team together, and the amazing armorers, weapons makers back at the Weta Workshop, complementing Ngila and her amazing team and Tania my partner, the young girl who, at the age of 13, I bought two live rats at my first present to her. You're still with me. What a great treat. Onwards and upwards. I love you.
Peter Jackson
"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--directing

Speech
Wow. Thank you so much to the Academy and you're giving us an incredibly overwhelming night. We just appreciate it so much. Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne, God you did the most risky thing that I think anyone has ever done in this industry, and I'm so happy for you that it paid off. Your collaboration and your partnership and your support just gave me the most incredible working experience of my life. To Barrie Osborne, our producer, thank you so much, Barrie, for just being there every day and supporting us. To a wonderful cast, and a wonderful crew in New Zealand, everybody that made my working days so enjoyable. It was just there when I needed it to be there. And the actors were just doing such a wonderful job. And I just want to thank two very special people that when I was 8 years old I made films at home on a Super-8 camera that my mum and dad had bought for me. And they supported me all through the years. And they died in the last few years. They didn't see these films made. So for Bill and Joan, thank you. Thank you.
Jamie Selkirk
"Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--film editing

Speech
This is certainly a great honor. Thank you to the Academy. Thank you Peter and Fran for giving me the opportunity to be involved with such a fantastic production. Thanks to New Line for putting up the cash to get it going at the start of the trilogy. Thank you to my lovely wife Ann, and my two boys Damon and Brad. They have been really supportive over the last six years on this job. And thank you to all my great editing team, they are always the people get left behind and they actually are a really fantastic team. Especially Annie Collins and Jen Horvath, Peter Skarratt and Jenny Vial. Jo Priest, Mark Hawthorne, Brett, Ian, Michelle, Dave and Heather. They're all a fantastic team. Thank you very much.
Richard Taylor and Peter King
"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--makeup

Speech
Peter King:
God, it's scary up here. I'd just like to thank the Academy. I'd like to thank New Line. I'd like to thank Peter, Fran, Philippa, Barrie. I'd like to thank all the team back in New Zealand, who worked so hard for such a long, long time I'd like to thank my gorgeous wife Sarah for being there every night with a glass of wine when I got home. And thank my gorgeous daughter for just being gorgeous. And thank you.
Richard Taylor:
Marjory Hamlin, Dominie Till, who looked after our on-set prosthetic applications for so many months. Jason Docherty, who manufactured over 10,000 of those prosthetics to be applied. Gino Acevedo, the gentleman within our company that looked after the work for so long. The cast that had to wear it all over all those months. I apologize for the rubbery faces and the funny noses but cheers to you all. Thank you. Thank the Academy and Tania. Cheers.
Howard Shore
"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--music--score

Speech
It's incredible. Just breathe a bit. Many thanks to the Academy. I'd like to share this Oscar with all of the amazing musicians and great vocal artists who played on this piece. Special note to Annie Lennox, Renee Fleming, Sir James Galway, Ben del Maestro. I was incredibly inspired by Tolkien's great work, Peter Jackson's visionary film making, the great writing of Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens. Elizabeth, my darling, I love you. Thank you for your love and support. Mae, for your wonderful encouragement. All the people who have helped us through this making of these films, Bob and Michael, Paul and Lori, Barrie Osborne, Rick Porras, Sam and Mike, Ronald, Jean-Jacques, I thank you, Robby Kearns, Mark Willsher and, of course, Steven Einhorn. Thanks so much. Thank you, Academy. Thank you.
Music and Lyric by Fran Walsh and Howard Shore and Annie Lennox
"Into the West"--music--song

Speech
Annie Lennox: Wow. Wow. I'm stunned. Thank you so very much to the Academy. I'd like to thank Peter Jackson so much for inviting me to be part of this extraordinary project. Thank you so much, Peter. It's amazing. Thank you. Fran, Howard, this is very moving for me. You are extraordinary, very inspiring and I hope you enjoy the song when I sang it tonight. Thank you. Simon, my wonderful manager, Tara, my assistant, Joyce at home, I'd like to dedicate my performance of the song to my mother, who passed away last year and also to my darling friend Michael Kamen. I'll miss them so much. Thank you.
Fran Walsh: Can I do one thing? I just want to do one tiny thank you. It's to Sharon and Reese Duncan, who are watching in New Zealand, and their son. I know. More. But their son was an inspiration for this song, and it's an honor to share it with him. Thank you.
Christopher Boyes, Michael Semanick, Michael Hedges and Hammond Peek
"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--sound mixing

Speech
Christopher Boyes:
Thank you to the Academy. Thank you to the amazing Peter Jackson for an incredible journey. Barrie Osborne, Fran Walsh, and Mark Ordesky.
Michael Semanick:
Everyone at New Line Cinemas, Jody Levin, Ethan Van der Ryn, Michael Hopkins, David Farmer and the entire sound crew. We couldn't have done it without you. My wife, Cheri, my three kids, Nicole, Jordan and Joseph, I love you.
Michael Hedges:
Yes, and I'd like to thank my wife Joanne and my family and all of the guys and the team at Park Road post production back in New Zealand. We've done a great thing here. Especially Sue Thompson and John Neill.
Hammond Peek:
Thank you to the production crew. Thank you to my wife and kids, and lastly, thank you to the people of New Zealand, stand up, take a bow, you make us proud.
Jim Rygiel, Joe Letteri, Randall William Cook and Alex Funke
"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--visual effects

Speech
Jim Rygiel:
A trilogy of thank yous to the Academy. The amazingly brilliant Peter Jackson, wherever you are out there, Fran Walsh, Barrie Osborne, Lauren Ritchie, my vfx crew, Dean Wright, Libby Hazell, Aaron Cowan, all the people on Weta and Theresa, Sara, and Jackson, my family.

Randall William Cook:
Thanks to you for being so generous to us for the last three years running. Thanks, Pete and thanks to my wonderful animation team.

Joe Letteri:
Thanks everyone for the amazing reception we've gotten to the work. Thank you Eileen Moran for keeping it all together, Peter and Fran for being such an inspiration, everyone at Weta Digital for that burst of creative energy. Thank you.

Alex Funke:
Thank you Peter, Fran, Barrie, Richard my darling wife Emmy and my brilliant Kiwi effects team. Thank you!
Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens & Peter Jackson
"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--adapted screenplay

Speech
Philippa Boyens:
Okay. We grew up loving these books. We had no idea that we were gonna go gray trying to make them into movies. And we have so many people that we need to thank, but the first person we absolutely must thank is Professor J.R.R. Tolkien. Without him we wouldn't be standing here. I want to thank my parents John and Jane Boyens who gave me those books to read. My wonderful brother David, my sister Nicki, my beautiful children Calum and Phoebe, and Ken Kamins, Barrie Osborne, Howard Shore thank you so much for everything that you've done for us. Most of all, I want to thank these two people standing behind me.

Peter Jackson:
Thank you. Thank you New Line Cinema, Mark Ordesky especially for all your script support along the way. We want to say hi to our kids Billy and Katie for putting up so much with mom and dad working on this film all their lives. Because they're only 7 and 8 years old. And I especially just lastly want to thank our wonderful cast who just got their tongues around this rather awkward text and made it come to life with such emotion and passion and heart. So thank you very, very much.
Peter Jackson
"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"--picture

Speech
Peter Jackson:
Just waiting for Fran to get her Oscar. There we go. This is just unbelievable. I'm so honored, touched and relieved that the Academy and members of the Academy that have supported us have seen past the trolls and the wizards the hobbits and are now recognizing fantasy this year. Fantasy is an f-word that hopefully the five second delay won't do anything with. I just want to say a very few quick words especially to the people of New Zealand and the government of New Zealand and the city councils and everybody who supported us the length and breadth of the country. Billy Crystal is welcome to come and make a film in New Zealand any time he wants. A special thanks to Peter Nelson and Ken Kamins, who were with me right from the days of "Bad Taste," and "Meet the Feebles" which were wisely overlooked by the Academy at that time. And I especially want to pay tribute to our wonderful producer, Barrie Osborne. And I'd please like him to say a few words.
Barrie Osborne:
It's a great honor to be here. I started out in the business 35 years ago getting people coffee. And I wonder if the fact that I dated Billy Crystal's cousin so many years ago has anything to do with this. But it is really a great pleasure to be in such great company. Uh-oh, I'm in trouble now. To be nominated with these four other great films and after these many years to receive this award is really a thrill for all of us and we all thank the Academy. It's really a tribute to the talents of all the people both in front of the camera and behind the camera that we win this award. I want to thank, in particular, my partner Carol, my beautiful daughter Danielle and my 87-year-old dad who's out there in the back somewhere here to celebrate this with us. I want to thank, also, J.R.R. Tolkien and also the fans that supported us on this journey. And of course, Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne whose courageous venture allowed us to make this film and their support throughout the journey, and Mark Ordesky, who worked alongside of us throughout and became a great film -- a great friend, sorry. And of course to Peter Jackson, who was never satisfied with 100%. But by his example of pushing for 110%, he inspired all of us to do our utmost to make these films and bring them to the screen. And finally, to Weta, who is in Chicago, in Wellington, New Zealand, and to the production team who are in the Port Nicholson Yacht Club, it's time to celebrate.

17 for 30--not a bad record at all--enjoy my fellow TORnsibs!! My only regret is that I was not at the Return of the Ring party in Los Angeles on the 29th of February in 2004!!

Subject User Time
In memory of past Oscar glory--I give you this annual mathom--warning--very long!! elf_wannabee Send a private message to elf_wannabee Feb 25 2007, 8:41am
    *wild applause amid tears* This is brilliant!!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 25 2007, 12:44pm
    Days of glory past! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Feb 25 2007, 1:12pm
    Here's the LA Times article entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Feb 25 2007, 3:31pm
        Thanks for this Entmaiden.. Patty Send a private message to Patty Feb 25 2007, 8:03pm
            I have it in Word entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Feb 25 2007, 8:26pm
                Thanks! You're a peach! / Patty Send a private message to Patty Feb 25 2007, 8:30pm
    Also very long - the Oscar party reports entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Feb 25 2007, 4:07pm
        Wow Entmaiden!! This is Fantastic!!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 25 2007, 5:30pm
        Oscar Party Filk sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf Feb 25 2007, 5:46pm
    brilliant - good memories! greendragon Send a private message to greendragon Feb 25 2007, 4:18pm
    I have no words, but I do have pictures SandWitch King Send a private message to SandWitch King Feb 25 2007, 4:24pm
    WOW! deej Send a private message to deej Feb 25 2007, 4:25pm
    Shouldn't this be under the TORn Moots segment of the board? /NT SandWitch King Send a private message to SandWitch King Feb 25 2007, 4:51pm
    At this time in 2003, Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Feb 25 2007, 6:44pm
        Reminiscences from four Weta nominees. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Feb 25 2007, 8:26pm
            *tires screech!* What did he say!!!??? grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 25 2007, 10:39pm
        Meanwhile, back in New Zealand Kimi Send a private message to Kimi Feb 25 2007, 11:57pm
            I remember the post-Oscar interviews entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Feb 26 2007, 12:02am
            *tearing* omg... grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 26 2007, 1:44am
    Thanks, Elf-wannabee... Patty Send a private message to Patty Feb 25 2007, 7:55pm
        {{Patty}} grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Feb 26 2007, 9:58am
    Thanks to everyone for the wonderful reports! Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Feb 26 2007, 3:40am
        Thanks ~LANCELOT~ Send a private message to ~LANCELOT~ Feb 26 2007, 5:24am
    Wow - those were the days! Ciars Send a private message to Ciars Feb 26 2007, 7:07pm
    Consider this.... Urambo Tauro Send a private message to Urambo Tauro Mar 4 2007, 1:08am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.