Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
As of right now - The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey still set for Dec 14th 2012
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Jul 9 2012, 9:07am

Post #26 of 28 (230 views)
Shortcut
26th clashes with The Great Gatsby [In reply to] Can't Post

which is another Warner Brothers 3D release so I'm confident that they wouldn't put them against each other. Plus we were one of the strongest markets not only for Lord of the Rings (which had similar release dates) but for last year's Sherlock Holmes, also Warner Brothers and also released on the same Friday slot in mid-December (16th) - does great business at the start, holds for the school holidays and then gets a bump Boxing Day (and the couple of days after that). The Hobbit will be the same (except even bigger). I'm sure the original post was referring to the UK.

For what it's worth (which might not be much!) I'm a manager in a UK cinema and we've had nothing changed on our film schedules.

Spaldron
Rivendell

Jul 9 2012, 3:13pm

Post #27 of 28 (130 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit is confirmed for Dec 14th in the UK [In reply to] Can't Post

Panic over!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/...ry-least-in-britain/

IMDb has also been updated to the UK as the 14th.

artemy
Lorien

Jul 9 2012, 9:56pm

Post #28 of 28 (232 views)
Shortcut
Phew! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks a lot for sorting out the confusion. I can rest easy again Smile

Would like to know how that blunder came about though, honestly, getting so many people worried and causing confusion Frown

~Beneath the sun, all things must wear to an end at last~

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.