The Hobbit 'looking more likely' and Ian McKellen
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 16 2007, 5:56am

Post #26 of 41 (678 views)
Shortcut
That would be my guess as well. [In reply to] Can't Post

Any "Official Announcement" will be made by the studio and trumpeted all over the industry news. But a statement by PJ to the fans about his approach to the film could very well be made via TORn.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 16 2007, 9:28am

Post #27 of 41 (683 views)
Shortcut
Now THAT'S more Like IT!!! :D *spins in chair* [In reply to] Can't Post

Hang on, Folks! The ride is picking up speed and gonna blow your hair back!!! *twitch!* YES! Trust Peter to know what he's doing in getting these next 2 films on the right track! IF IF IF he ends up being the Executive Producer... YOU BET YOU BEETS he's going to have his fingerprints ALL OVER THEM!

IT's gonna happen! OMG! I wanna hear that announcement!!!!

I also get the feeling when the final word comes out... it'll be right here on our own homepage. He came to us first after the Oscar wins and joined our party before going anywhere else because he appreciated how we stood behind him throughout all the films!

He came here first when he announced what was going on with New Line and Bob Shaye!

He'll come here... in appreciation and acknowledgment... to let us know that HE WILL BE finishing Tolkien's story with is family in New Zealand. And that's FLAT!

Oh cripes... my face hurts from smiling so much !!!

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Soon..... soon.... *heart thumps gleefully*

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 16 2007, 9:29am

Post #28 of 41 (690 views)
Shortcut
That was my impression, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

The article was more centering on Sir Ian wanting to reprise the role and not offering any new or updated information.

SHAME SHAME SHAME! Don't toy with a geek's frail reality like that!!! *spasm*

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 16 2007, 9:31am

Post #29 of 41 (697 views)
Shortcut
Wups! We think alike, m'dear! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just posted that I think Peter WILL come here first! We may get leaks from others involved wanting to jump the gun or make big bucks on getting the scoop to some rag... but Peter will come here with his own words on what's happened and going to happen :) *twitch*

Oh yeah. It's not real until it's on OUR homepage and from Peter!

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 16 2007, 9:34am

Post #30 of 41 (663 views)
Shortcut
Agreed it will probably [In reply to] Can't Post

be leaked before Peter can get here... but I believe we're on his mind for being addressed directly (pardon the pun) regarding the whole thing! Oh yeah... dust the furniture and hide the toys. Company's coming!

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 16 2007, 9:35am

Post #31 of 41 (687 views)
Shortcut
*flying tackle-hug* Isn't this fun!?!? :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 16 2007, 9:40am

Post #32 of 41 (680 views)
Shortcut
It wouldn't hurt....... [In reply to] Can't Post

.....to break out the heavy-duty ammo. Of course PJ will probably announce here but it doesn't hurt to have spies all over.

I regularily visit one of the bigger U2 fansites and on one of them, Interference, there is a section called PLEBA where all the rabid fangirls hang out to drool over the band. (Warning: visit at your own riskWink). One of them, oneof our regular NYC "spies" works for the New York Times editorial board. She's been known to sneak us scoops (and sometimes Pics) of Bono as he scoots to and fro when he's in the City (he has an apt there.) As well she's given us a few times when he's actually visited the place where she works---LOL. (such as happneed last week.)

I could put her to spying on the Arts section room. Problem is, she's given no indication she's a Ringer....

J/K....but at this point every little bit helps:)

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 16 2007, 9:57am

Post #33 of 41 (668 views)
Shortcut
PS Gramma [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be leaked before Peter himself even knew about it...wouldn't that be fun. *snark*

As I said before, "Tatooine/Tunisian sandstorms"...I swear by them....

silneldor
Half-elven

Oct 16 2007, 10:33am

Post #34 of 41 (668 views)
Shortcut
A good leader [In reply to] Can't Post

is one peerless in logic and emotionless assessment. That be you Larry:). Someone with their feet on the ground.
This is not to say you can't be as emotional as the rest of us you understand:).
I am glad i got the chance to know you better while in Atlanta.
Carry on broLaugh.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu

From the website: 'The Realm of Manwe'

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 16 2007, 2:02pm

Post #35 of 41 (660 views)
Shortcut
Fersher! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wouldn't it be funny if he came to tell us and it was already on the homepage!? YOU SNOOZE< YOU LOSE!

Oh yeah.. get your sneaky friend out of hiding and put to work! I'm primed for a joy-joy episode WHEN the news finally breaks!

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

SandWitch King
Rohan

Oct 16 2007, 5:03pm

Post #36 of 41 (647 views)
Shortcut
Very kind [In reply to] Can't Post

Those really are kind words. Much appreciated and of course, the sentiment is returned.

No wonder all writers want to direct: one still has to put up with a load of nonsense, but even if wearing two hats (writer and director), there is one under which one is not called a thief and then raped - David Mamet

Elven
Valinor

Oct 16 2007, 7:34pm

Post #37 of 41 (711 views)
Shortcut
I just had to come through tORN 'Hobbit Movie News' to get on the board .. [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh Come-on!!! Announcement!!! Arrgghhh!!! I busting here ... anything ... what's happening ... *twists handkie into knots*

The Road Goes Ever On and On ...
Happy 70th Birthday to The Hobbit!!

Tolkien was a Capricorn!
..*sing & sway* "All we are saying ..Is Give Pete A Chance" ...
"Your friends are with you Peter"
Let the Hobbit Happen!!!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 17 2007, 12:06am

Post #38 of 41 (615 views)
Shortcut
*Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee* [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah... this is MUCH better!!! :D

I'm going to sit over here with you!

sample sample

My DragonCon 07 Report

Ranger of Dunland

Oct 17 2007, 5:59pm

Post #39 of 41 (836 views)
Shortcut
PJ and McKellen [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we may see an announcement by Christmas. I don't know why, but it just seems likely.

I must say though that I'm glad McKellen is not tired of Middle earth. In my opinion, he's just as important to The Hobbit as Peter Jackson.

Sunflower
Valinor

Oct 18 2007, 12:09pm

Post #40 of 41 (594 views)
Shortcut
In the meantime..... [In reply to] Can't Post

We'd better find something to occupy us and maybe tamp down our expectations a bit...in case they're dashed. About PJ directing I mean. I won't trust anything until The Announcement is made.

And Gramma, I'll drop a note to the Interference "burglar"..only problem is, when Bono is anywhere in the NE all eyes are on him. The" B Man" just spoke in Boston 2 days ago and he's back in NYC now. (Get the heck back to Dublin, B, to your wife and kids and make U2's next FREAKING ALBUM!!!) If Bono is around I'm afraid "J Coster" (her username) has a one track mind and will "burgle" him instead.

Um, the rabid PLEBA fangirl response to that is, "I'd LOVE to 'burgle' (insert band member name here) ANYTIME!" With me, it's The Edge. Heh Heh.)

Plus, I still don't know if she';s a Ringer. I'll see what she says!

In the meantime, on with my Hobbit re-reading!

Slayer_Of_Orcs
The Shire

Oct 26 2007, 12:48am

Post #41 of 41 (623 views)
Shortcut
Assuming it does happen ... [In reply to] Can't Post

... this place will light up like one of Gandalf's fireworks. While I haven't posted here in a loooooong while, I will be hanging around more. I am so looking forward to the possibility that The Hobbit will go. I am willing to wait for an announcement.

Make it happen people, make it happen.

They have taken the bridge ...
and the second hall.
We have barred the gates,
but cannot hold them for long.
The ground shakes.
Drums ... drums ... in the deep.
We cannot get out ... the shadow moves in the dark.
We cannot get out.
They are coming ...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.