Rohan

Jul 6 2012, 12:22am

Post #1 of 250 (7081 views)
Shortcut
official from FB: it's a wrap Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/...884481557&type=1

Direct link to the photo on PJ's page

Here's the caption:

We made it! Shoot day 266 and the end of principal photography on The Hobbit. Thanks to our fantastic cast and crew for getting us this far, and to all of you for your support! Next stop, the cutting room. Oh, and Comic Con!
Cheers, Peter J

Hobbit firster, Book firster.

Have you explored all of TORN's forums?

(This post was edited by titanium_hobbit on Jul 6 2012, 12:23am)

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 6 2012, 12:25am

Post #2 of 250 (4700 views)
Shortcut
So the last scene shot was in Mirkwood? [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems like it.

Can't wait for Comic Con! Well, I mean I can't wait for people to tell me what was happening at Comic Con!

(This post was edited by Carne on Jul 6 2012, 12:26am)

Longbottom Leaf
Lorien

Jul 6 2012, 12:26am

Post #3 of 250 (4451 views)
Shortcut
Nice!!// [In reply to] Can't Post

The best weed in the southfarthing!

Lauryn
Bree

Jul 6 2012, 12:29am

Post #4 of 250 (4633 views)
Shortcut
This kinda makes me sad... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sad and happy at the same time.. conflicting emotions!!

titanium_hobbit
Rohan

Jul 6 2012, 12:41am

Post #5 of 250 (4532 views)
Shortcut
or some forest [In reply to] Can't Post

Might not be Mirkwood- could be the slopes after Goblin tunnels.

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Jul 6 2012, 1:02am

Post #6 of 250 (4461 views)
Shortcut
Very cool. [In reply to] Can't Post

Only 161 days to go. Smile

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

titanium_hobbit
Rohan

Jul 6 2012, 1:42am

Post #7 of 250 (4441 views)
Shortcut
Reading room count down [In reply to] Can't Post

Starting Monday there will be discussion of The Hobbit that will go on until the premier in November- an excellent way to keep time!

What lovely timing!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 6 2012, 1:42am

Post #8 of 250 (4530 views)
Shortcut
And now onto marketing. So it begins... // [In reply to] Can't Post

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 6 2012, 1:44am

Post #9 of 250 (4448 views)
Shortcut
Hey, no reason to be sad. This is a big day for us :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

droidsocket
Lorien

Jul 6 2012, 1:52am

Post #10 of 250 (4488 views)
Shortcut
Can any one tell me... [In reply to] Can't Post

How many days of principle photography were there for the trilogy?

Wikipedia said 438 but that can't be right.

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jul 6 2012, 2:14am

Post #11 of 250 (4464 views)
Shortcut
266? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just guessing and all, but maybe 266 as it says in the OP?

Wink

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 6 2012, 2:15am

Post #12 of 250 (4470 views)
Shortcut
Might be 266... [In reply to] Can't Post

In PD #6 Andy mentions their halfway shirt for LotR was day 133. Interestingly their halfway shirt this time was day 127, meaning the full shoot was a scheduled 254 days. Apparently they went over their schedule. Seems a strange coincidence if both shoots were 266 days

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jul 6 2012, 2:16am

Post #13 of 250 (4475 views)
Shortcut
Next [In reply to] Can't Post

Ok, now's the time to start lobbying for The Silmarillion. Get on it folks! ;)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 6 2012, 2:20am

Post #14 of 250 (4472 views)
Shortcut
With 266 days of footage, I think we can safely bet on an extended edition // [In reply to] Can't Post

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jul 6 2012, 2:27am

Post #15 of 250 (4484 views)
Shortcut
Hard to believe! [In reply to] Can't Post

Any idea when the last production vlog might be released?

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jul 6 2012, 2:31am

Post #16 of 250 (4432 views)
Shortcut
One stage of our journey is over... [In reply to] Can't Post

Another begins. Tongue

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Jim
Rivendell

Jul 6 2012, 2:34am

Post #17 of 250 (4423 views)
Shortcut
Excellent... [In reply to] Can't Post

A production vlog will be just around the corner, touch wood PJ will post it before heading off for Comic Con! So excited right now...

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 6 2012, 2:35am

Post #18 of 250 (4462 views)
Shortcut
My guess would be August/September [In reply to] Can't Post

But might happen earlier. The people shooting these videos will have less to do during post-production (I presume) so maybe it will take less time to finish.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 6 2012, 2:44am

Post #19 of 250 (4351 views)
Shortcut
I'm not expecting one before Comic-con... [In reply to] Can't Post

But we have plenty to look forward to. Hopefully there will be a trailer attached to The Dark Knight Rises, and when trailers are released, usually a poster comes with it. Smile

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jul 6 2012, 2:50am

Post #20 of 250 (4333 views)
Shortcut
I wonder [In reply to] Can't Post

If we'll be getting any post-production vlogs, that focus on things like CGI, music, editing, color grading?

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 6 2012, 3:03am

Post #21 of 250 (4704 views)
Shortcut
Since it's official, I can say it, too. "We're wrapped." (choke, sob) [In reply to] Can't Post

Some of us extras had our last day on Wednesday, along with Luke Evans and Ryan Gage. As often as we'd waited with bated breath after seemingly endless takes of one scene to hear, "Thank you. That's a wrap, folks!", it was truly horrible to hear it this time. A half day could well have continued for another few months, as far as I was concerned, but every journey has an end, eh Bilbo?

I promised when I got the job that I would not bitch, moan or complain about ANYTHING - cold, wet, long hours, sitting around doing nothing. Hey, there's always something to see, someone interesting to talk to. It would all just be a part of my luck at getting to be in The Hobbit, when I know how many others would love to do it. I can say with a clear conscience that I did my part, whatever I was asked to do, with perhaps a very tiny silent groan at times, but willingly and the very best way I knew how. The thought that any one of you might have a reason to think me ungrateful was like a gentle reminder at all times to stay awake, take in every single sight and sound, and keep smiling, and we did do it, didn't we, Precious?

"Grateful" is a word I've come to use a lot since February. This has truly been the best work experience I've had in a long list of varied and positive work experiences. I think extras had the easiest job of all those hard-working people. We showed up (admittedly, quite early, but not as early as others) and played dress up; got fed (very very well - see production vlogs); got told where to stand and what to do (it was like an acting workshop on-the-job); didn't have to remember lines, and watched well-trained experienced fabulous actors act and do their lines; saw how some of the bits and pieces get to be big bits; if it was cold, we were given blankets or little hot water bottles to put in our costumes; if it was hot, we got little cold water bottles, mini-fans and cups of water. Best of all, we were treated with kindness and respect by everyone, like one of the family, maybe the cousins you only see at Christmas, but you're happy to see them. I felt valued as a member of the team - even before Andy Serkis referred to us as "background artists". How do you like that?! An artist! Me!

But the journey doesn't end here. All those other folks who are making this whole thing happen will keep on creating, losing sleep, tweaking, tuning, laughing, worrying, and it's only FIVE months until December 14, 2012. Five short months, when we've been waiting years. Yes, I'm going to have a bit of a hard time waiting a year and 5 months to see if my new friends and I get at least a second of screen time, but I've had many many days of pure delight to think over for many years to come.

We're wrapped. But these new friendships I've made while we background artists were sitting and waiting for hours together, people I wouldn't have met otherwise and who got as much of a kick out of this as I did, will not be wrapped. I'm chuckling now just thinking about them all. There are musicians and singers among them, and we're having a party next week where we can hang out and just be us. Will we recognize one another? Ha! We'll see. This is an unlooked-for gift to be grateful for and to keep, probably the best one.

But what does we do now, Precious?!!!! After moping on the sofa with the cats all day yesterday, watching all seven Hobbit production videos and the ROTK end-of-filming special features and crying about pretty much everything, I'm coming out of my pity party today knowing how blessed I've been by this experience. Now it's time to do something - else. Our dear founder, Tehanu, spoke words of wisdom at the end of the LOTR film experience that struck me then and have stayed with me. Here's a link to that article on the old TORn site. http://archives.theonering.net/...es/notes/note22.html, the most important idea being:

"There are lots of gifts that, practiced with skill, leave no lasting monument that one can show off, like a book or a film. They are worth no less for all that.....Follow your curiosity, find something that interests you and throw yourself into it wholeheartedly!"

Thank you for the reminder, dear TORnfriend, and I will take those words to heart.

Now... where can I throw myself?

hamlet
Rivendell

Jul 6 2012, 3:06am

Post #22 of 250 (4351 views)
Shortcut
my very thoughts [In reply to] Can't Post

In the words of movie Theoden: so it begins!

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 6 2012, 3:14am

Post #23 of 250 (4327 views)
Shortcut
If you're allowed to answer; [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you film one big scene that took long to shoot or are you in several ones?

I'm so jealous I'll have to rest for a moment Crazy

Jim
Rivendell

Jul 6 2012, 3:33am

Post #24 of 250 (4300 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps.. [In reply to] Can't Post

but PJ gave us a production vlog at the end of block 2 pretty quickly. If a trailer does come out with TDKR (which is 15 days away) then we should be seeing something on the Alberta Film classifcation website soon.

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 6 2012, 3:56am

Post #25 of 250 (4272 views)
Shortcut
I can't say, Carne, [In reply to] Can't Post

but you're allowed to let your Tolkienesque imagination run wild and that will probably work. Wink I figure it's ok to mention how I feel about the experience, since it's so absurdly positive, but as to what we did, it will have to wait until next year - when it won't be nearly as entertaining to hear, unfortunately.Crazy

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.