Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
SCOD: Gandalf against the wall of the Mazurbul Chamber

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jul 3 2012, 10:56am

Views: 867
Shortcut
SCOD: Gandalf against the wall of the Mazurbul Chamber Can't Post

larger image HERE

Hello good people! Welcome to the first Screencap of the day for July!
So we have Gandalf looking darn exhausted, looking at Frodo who's just been apparently impaled by the mighty Cave Troll.
Feel free to answer me these questions three... I mean five, or none at all (ere the other side ye see) Smile.

1. There is a tiny detail that is noticable on Gandalf's left side (his left) that took me by surprise. Can you spot it and had you noticed it before? Speculate!

2. Gandalf's reaction to Frodo's impalement, do you like? Comment.

3. This sequence is done in slow motion in the film if I remember correctly, what do you think of slo-mo parts like this?

4. I'm a Tolkien script enthusiast (tengwar, cirth etc.) and only last year did I realise, on my HD laptop rather than my cruddy box TV that the walls of the Chamber of Mazarbul (Balin's Tomb) were covered in Dwarvish Runes, which got me all fired up! What do you think of this design?

(If you're wondering if there's anything interesting carved, well so far it's just gibberish to me. The middle two lines on this piece of wall for eg.) say NIR T and REGI)

5. Anything else? Smile

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Laketown guy: What have the dwarves -ever- done for us?

Bard: The aqueduct!

Laketown guy: Piss off! We're not from Dale

Subject User Time
SCOD: Gandalf against the wall of the Mazurbul Chamber Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jul 3 2012, 10:56am
    Good one Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Jul 3 2012, 2:40pm
        I've never spotted that before! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 3 2012, 3:44pm
        Aside: 48 fps makes the use of slow motion even easier SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Jul 4 2012, 6:40pm
    tiny detail, eh? Nuradar Send a private message to Nuradar Jul 3 2012, 2:46pm
        Nice discussion people! :D and yeah I was thinking of both the rune and the weird mark on Gandy's hand Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jul 6 2012, 12:25pm
            Until now Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Jul 6 2012, 3:45pm
                not to my knowledge... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jul 6 2012, 4:57pm
                    Hmm... Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Jul 6 2012, 5:53pm
                        yup overlapping G runes. though of course one of them is mirrored. Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jul 6 2012, 10:23pm
                    Thanks Magpie DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 6 2012, 5:57pm
    How did it come to this... Elven Send a private message to Elven Jul 3 2012, 5:16pm
        Underline Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Jul 6 2012, 4:39am
    can we get someone from makeup in here? batik Send a private message to batik Jul 4 2012, 2:37am
        The problem here Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Jul 4 2012, 4:10am
            I think PJ MatthewJer18 Send a private message to MatthewJer18 Jul 6 2012, 4:17pm
    Good eye; I don't think I would have noticed that. zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jul 5 2012, 1:55am
        Two good questions.. Longbottom Leaf Send a private message to Longbottom Leaf Jul 6 2012, 12:49am
            Questions imin Send a private message to imin Jul 6 2012, 12:56am
                During battle he once.. Longbottom Leaf Send a private message to Longbottom Leaf Jul 6 2012, 1:49am
                Ollivander's side business: Ollivander's Staff Emporium :) // zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jul 6 2012, 6:00am
            I like the Jedi comparison zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jul 6 2012, 5:58am
        On the crystal, I thought that that it could have looked better IMO. Still awesome though // Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jul 6 2012, 12:27pm
    His pipe!!! Mauricio Send a private message to Mauricio Jul 9 2012, 10:36pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.