First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 10:20pm

Post #1 of 324 (20407 views)
Shortcut
Entertainment Weekly Hobbit cover Can't Post

http://popwatch.ew.com/...t-comic-con-preview/

in preparation for Comic-Con (July 12-15 in San Diego) we’ve got exclusive images and on-set scoops from the first of the two movies— An Unexpected Journey — including interviews with Martin Freeman (Bilbo Baggins), Ian McKellen (Gandalf), and director Peter Jackson.

on stands Tuesday, July 3

and so the collecting begins.

I think I'll be stopping at Target on my way into work. :-)

EDIT TO ADD:
They're also posting '10 new photos'
http://www.ew.com/...133_20608420,00.html

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

(This post was edited by Magpie on Jul 2 2012, 10:27pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 10:27pm

Post #2 of 324 (16261 views)
Shortcut
That cover is awful... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is that the best they could do??

I'll still be buying it though. Thanks for the heads-up! Smile

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 10:27pm

Post #3 of 324 (15785 views)
Shortcut
I just edited my post with a link to new photos, too. check it out. // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 10:28pm

Post #4 of 324 (16648 views)
Shortcut
Ahhh! New photos!! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Dwarves in the barrels is my favourite picture! I don't care about the lids anymore Wink
Looks like they are keeping some of the psychedelic colours in Mirkwood.
And does Gollum look younger?

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 2 2012, 10:33pm)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2012, 10:29pm

Post #5 of 324 (16454 views)
Shortcut
Nice find! [In reply to] Can't Post

From the EW site:

Nearly a decade after the last of the Lord of the Rings trilogy hit theaters, it’s time to go back to Middle-earth. The Hobbit doesn’t come out until December, but in preparation for Comic-Con (July 12-15 in San Diego) we’ve got exclusive images and on-set scoops from the first of the two movies— An Unexpected Journey — including interviews with Martin Freeman (Bilbo Baggins), Ian McKellen (Gandalf), and director Peter Jackson.

To expand the classic J.R.R. Tolkien book so that it could support two feature films, Jackson drew from a range of Tolkien’s writings, adding characters not present in the Hobbit book, including Orlando Bloom’s elf Legolas and Cate Blachett’s elven rule Galadriel. “In the movie we want these characters to have story lines and a little more substance than they do in the book,” Jackson explains. “Almost everything we’re doing is from Tolkien somewhere, whether it’s in the book or the subsequent development that wasn’t published in The Hobbit itself.”

Adds McKellan: “A lot of people weren’t even born when we were filming Lord of the Rings and only know the movies from watching them on DVD…. They’ll see Middle-earth on the big screen in The Hobbit, and I guarantee there will be a lot of minds blown wide apart.”

Seems like a must-have...and we're only going to have more and more mags to collect as we get closer to December. Shocked

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Jul 2 2012, 10:34pm)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2012, 10:32pm

Post #6 of 324 (15699 views)
Shortcut
WOW! Those pics are exciting... [In reply to] Can't Post

Particularly like the Dwarves in the cavern (in the vicinity of Goblin-town? The Trolls' lair?), and the new pic of Elrond looking at moon-letters in Rivendell! ShockedShockedShocked

And check out Gandy's silver scarf! Blush

2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Jul 2 2012, 10:35pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 10:35pm

Post #7 of 324 (15633 views)
Shortcut
They're truly great! [In reply to] Can't Post

The shot of the Dwarves could be them approaching the Misty Mountains - it's similar to one of the shots in the vlogs with thunder and lightning.

I have to say, each of the dwarves look great in that shot. Even Kili!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2012, 10:38pm

Post #8 of 324 (15327 views)
Shortcut
They do... [In reply to] Can't Post

And agreed that the colors are still there in Mirkwood, just somewhat muted. I love the psychedelic approach, personally...very lush, almost painterly...but a bit intimidating and exotic. Wink

imin
Valinor

Jul 2 2012, 10:38pm

Post #9 of 324 (15262 views)
Shortcut
How do you find out about all these things? :) [In reply to] Can't Post

really cool to see all the new photos. Elrond looks like he had a good night out, haha. They look great, feels like its going to be forever before the films get here Tongue

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 10:42pm

Post #10 of 324 (15200 views)
Shortcut
I like it too. [In reply to] Can't Post

I never really imagined Mirkwood that way, but I'm open for ideas!

Does look odd though with light shining on Bilbo and not the surroundings Wink

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 10:51pm

Post #11 of 324 (15465 views)
Shortcut
I can't help but see the resemblance between these two photos [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.ew.com/...420,00.html#21179588

http://www.google.co.uk/...=1t:429,r:7,s:0,i:95

Laugh

Must be deliberate

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2012, 10:51pm

Post #12 of 324 (15056 views)
Shortcut
I want bigger versions! [In reply to] Can't Post

And seeing as "The Hobbit" is the main bit in the magazine I assume we'll get some new information! Is it already for sale?

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 10:53pm

Post #13 of 324 (14950 views)
Shortcut
On sale tomorrow (July 3rd) [In reply to] Can't Post

Unless someone already has it in NZ or Australia? Or a very keen shop?

imin
Valinor

Jul 2 2012, 10:54pm

Post #14 of 324 (15076 views)
Shortcut
Not how i imagined but it looks good. [In reply to] Can't Post

I imagined it darker in mirkwood but then a film of shadowy figures and sound for however long would be very dull. I thought the colours were like that though for the RED cameras or is this photo how it will be when we see it on film?

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 10:55pm

Post #15 of 324 (14998 views)
Shortcut
Not sure, but since it's a promotional shot (and probably not an actual scene), it will probably look different / [In reply to] Can't Post

imin
Valinor

Jul 2 2012, 10:55pm

Post #16 of 324 (15125 views)
Shortcut
24 hour Asda here i come :P // [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 10:57pm

Post #17 of 324 (14932 views)
Shortcut
I was thinking the exact same thing! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope you can get a copy, and they're not going to put them out on shelves in a couple of hours.

imin
Valinor

Jul 2 2012, 10:57pm

Post #18 of 324 (15337 views)
Shortcut
oh ok [In reply to] Can't Post

Like you said in an earlier post i think the lighting is off a little but as for the colours i like them. Though i think i would be equally happy with more regular forest colours as well. Really looking forward to seeing how they do mirkwood on film, very exciting!

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2012, 10:59pm

Post #19 of 324 (15116 views)
Shortcut
Will probably be darker as mentioned. [In reply to] Can't Post

These photos are taken by photographers behind the camera, so it will look different in the actual movie.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 11:04pm

Post #20 of 324 (15249 views)
Shortcut
Comingsoon has a bigger shot of the front cover [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.comingsoon.net/...vienews.php?id=92148

It's still awful, mind.

The pictures inside more than make up for it though

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2012, 11:04pm

Post #21 of 324 (15281 views)
Shortcut
True... [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope enough of the color is left in to be noticeable...

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 11:05pm

Post #22 of 324 (15127 views)
Shortcut
ew.com is one of the few sites I visit often [In reply to] Can't Post

Many times a day, I'm embarrassed to admit. But I enjoy entertainment news and I like their recaps of certain shows. So when I hit the site before leaving my computer for dinner prep, I found the mag cover article... posted it here and sent it to spymaster. Then I found the 10 new pictures. I edited my post quite a few times because I kept updating the info as I was discovering or exploring it.

I think we should watch the interwebs (winks at SirDennisC) because I suspect there will be more releases of info, interviews, and/or pictures on various sites leading up to ComicCon.

What sites have had significant news/photos - besides TORn - up till now?

MTV (I think?)
Empire?

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 11:07pm

Post #23 of 324 (15308 views)
Shortcut
It might be worth doing google images searches every so often [In reply to] Can't Post

If one takes a screenshot (I can't figure out how to get at those images in slideshows like that... which I think is the point), crop it down, and then do a search for similar photos on the web, we might find large ones when they get posted.

But we have so many resourceful people finding goodies on the net I have no doubt someone will find some.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 11:10pm

Post #24 of 324 (14769 views)
Shortcut
I usually use google to keep an eye out for news [In reply to] Can't Post

I search "The Hobbit" across the web but limit it to the last hour. The majority of the time it's just general webpages talking about The Hobbit, occasionally their will be a piece of news of interest (it's how I found the Weaving interview). I do this regularly throughout the day, and will be making sure I do it more often in the coming weeks Smile

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2012, 11:11pm

Post #25 of 324 (15130 views)
Shortcut
Get on Twitter! [In reply to] Can't Post

There's always something new popping up there, and no need to search around for it Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.