Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hugo Weaving on returning to Rivendell

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 2 2012, 6:58pm

Post #1 of 9 (2101 views)
Shortcut
Hugo Weaving on returning to Rivendell Can't Post

Hugo Weaving talks a little on returning to Rivendell and shooting at 48fps:

http://collider.com/...de-interview/176741/

In some ways, it was a lot of fun to go back and be on a Rivendell set again with Ian McKellan. It was really lovely to see some old friends and old faces again, and to go back into a similar world, which is tonally a little bit different

I don't think this is an old article re-hashed?

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Jul 2 2012, 9:50pm

Post #2 of 9 (680 views)
Shortcut
Nice find [In reply to] Can't Post

It's good to hear from Weaving in regards to The Hobbit. As he is playing such an iconic and important character, I was surprised we hadn't heard much from him. His comments about 3D were pretty encouraging.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 3 2012, 5:20pm

Post #3 of 9 (495 views)
Shortcut
Probably been overshadowed by the EW pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

I disagree about his comments about 3D and being encouraging - he didn't really praise it at all. He spends the whole time criticising 3D, apart from 2 sentences (both of which include "I think" and "I suspect").

He could have been more enthusiastic Wink

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 3 2012, 5:32pm

Post #4 of 9 (476 views)
Shortcut
Not if he doesn't like 3D! [In reply to] Can't Post

Which it seems he doesn't. Given his other comments about it I'd say that 'I think it will work incredibly well in The Hobbit' (that's as close to the exact words as I can remember) is a resounding endorsement! Wink

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 3 2012, 5:37pm

Post #5 of 9 (490 views)
Shortcut
You're right dormouse [In reply to] Can't Post

I was hoping that he would've spoken more of The Hobbit in 3D rather than criticising 3D in general. I'm turning into a right grouch Laugh

You're right, it does sound optimistic.

I hadn't considered either that he probably hasn't seen much footage in 3D. He hasn't spent much time there as some of the other actors.

I think the 3D will work incredibly well for The Hobbit.

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jul 4 2012, 6:50pm

Post #6 of 9 (347 views)
Shortcut
Well, 3D generally stinks [In reply to] Can't Post

So, I, well, agree with him!

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 4 2012, 6:55pm

Post #7 of 9 (361 views)
Shortcut
No, smell-o-vision is the one that stinks... [In reply to] Can't Post

3D just gives you a headache.

"...For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth"

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 4 2012, 7:37pm

Post #8 of 9 (325 views)
Shortcut
I hope the films change your mind! :-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

imin
Valinor

Jul 4 2012, 7:57pm

Post #9 of 9 (452 views)
Shortcut
Did you ever get the chance to see Avatar in 3D? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Avatar has been the best film so far done in 3D. Most are conversions from 2D to 3D as far as i understand which don't work so well. This is something which makes me feel more optimistic about watching the hobbit in 3D seeing as it is being filmed in 3D. The only thing that bothers me about 3D for a lot of films, which i think may come from conversions again is they are darker, due to the polarizing effect of the 3D glasses cinemas sell you.

But as we know its going to be available in 2D 24fps, 2D 48fps, 3D 24fps and 3D 48fps and IMAX so options for everyone's tastes.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.