Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
I had major problems with LOTRO arghhhhh!

EcossElf
The Shire

Oct 14 2007, 12:06am

Post #1 of 10 (822 views)
Shortcut
I had major problems with LOTRO arghhhhh! Can't Post

Mad I had major problems with LOTRO...bought the game new from PC world, loaded it and logged on as u r supposed to do, created an account and it insisted I needed to buy it all again!! what!!! I then tried to contact their help line (phone) to be told it was online now and was 24/7.....tried to contact them...squat! 7 emails and 5.5 hours wasted trying to start a game up...nothing nada..rubbish no help, never even emailed back. Do not buy this game in the UK...maybe it is better elsewhere but it is dreadful here!!
I am soooooooo dissapointed.Frown
EcossElf

Onen i-estel Edain....I gave hope to men....(Dad grounded me for a bally week)

Dagonet
Lorien

Oct 14 2007, 6:10pm

Post #2 of 10 (605 views)
Shortcut
Ahem, [In reply to] Can't Post

Excuse my ignorance what is LOTRO?
I know what LOTR stands for (you'd have to be completely ingnorant not to) but what does the "o" stand for?
I have no LotR PC games so I don't really keep up on them... I'm more of a playstation person myself.
Sorry for your disappointment in the game thoughUnsure.

Dagonet,
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shdows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

EcossElf
The Shire

Oct 14 2007, 7:55pm

Post #3 of 10 (603 views)
Shortcut
What is LOTRO? [In reply to] Can't Post

You are not ignorant at all...I only found out in the messing about trying to run the game...It is Lord Of The Rings Online (the shadows of Angmar).
Still no reply from the 24/7 service!! I wait with baited breath adn a large knife for a reply from their company. I have simply lost hope in ever getting to see the LOTRO's so called wonderful world of middle earth. I can get to a home page but it is still trying to sell me the game once more even though I have loaded it in my PC and logged on etc...it is getting amusingly silly now. I even tried to take the game back to PC Wrld as it simply did not work....sale of goods act in teh UK states a product must be fit for purpose of use. PC World accused me of uploading teh disk and then trying to get a refund, ten they said why not try and sell it on ebay....I threw the reciept at the guy at that point adn told him that I hoped he would....well anyway it was not nice. Do not buy LOTRO in teh UK or use PC World they are rubbish in this Elf's humble opinion.

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Oct 17 2007, 5:44pm

Post #4 of 10 (612 views)
Shortcut
That is bad news - here may be some help [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know who the help is in the UK but I think you should expect much better service.

There are forums to help including a customer support forum.

http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

The makers of the game, Turbine, would be horrified by your experience. I don't think they handle support in the U.K. but I may be wrong.

I have played the game and find it delightful. I have had a very difficult time convincing more people here to give it a try though. (There is even a 7-day trial at the same link for any newbies.)

Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.

If we live in trying times, we must be the ones who try. If the future is looking dark, we must be the ones who shine.

EcossElf
The Shire

Oct 17 2007, 7:19pm

Post #5 of 10 (575 views)
Shortcut
Finally got things sorted today after lots of trouble [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkThanks Mr Cere, I ended up finding Turbine to email..they chased the help desk for Codemasters who contacted me within 20 minutes..surprise surprise. All is sorted now thank goodness...it was an issue with my Macafe security which had to be custom modified to allow the game to run. Pity they had not contacted me straight off it would have saved an innordinate amount of hassle.
I can recommend the game now after all my hassles I can still recommend it which says how good it really is. Lots of character set up options from gender to race to types of character within race from burgler to hunter to captain..all sorts. Also lots of worlds to visit, lots of battles to be had and quests to go on, you can even join others quests and help them win their wee battles. If you can be more easily successful in setting up I would whole heartedly say give it a try.Cool It is very very cool.
EcossElf

Onen i-estel Edain....I gave hope to men..>Dad grounded me for a week!

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Oct 17 2007, 9:40pm

Post #6 of 10 (581 views)
Shortcut
Please do look for me [In reply to] Can't Post

If we are on the same server, I would love to say "HI" in the game. I am called, ready for this, "MrCere" - I think. I better go update by account I have neglected it for a while!

I am glad that all got sorted out. I don't know anything about Codemasters, but the people at Turbine have impressed me a lot, including with updates and so forth.

If we live in trying times, we must be the ones who try. If the future is looking dark, we must be the ones who shine.

EcossElf
The Shire

Oct 17 2007, 10:39pm

Post #7 of 10 (587 views)
Shortcut
Love to meet in Shadows sometime...easy to spot me I'm the usless one looking lost [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Mr.Cere I would love to meet up in Shadows land sometime, at the moment I am messing about with various doppelgangers of different races and messing about with names...I think I should stick with teh one so it is easy..>EcossElf it is then or EcossDwarf, EcossGirl or EcossHobbit...you get teh gist of what I am doing. I have been to Gilraen adn a few others of teh EN speaking ones..I will look out for you. Cheery byeCool
Ecoss.xx

Onen i-estel Edain....I gave hope to men..>Dad grounded me for a week! Bah!

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Oct 18 2007, 4:48pm

Post #8 of 10 (599 views)
Shortcut
I am on the "Meneldor" server [In reply to] Can't Post

A level 10 dwarf. Haven't played for a LONG time turns out!

Lausus
Bree

Dec 10 2007, 4:30pm

Post #9 of 10 (550 views)
Shortcut
Another problem [In reply to] Can't Post

I bought the game and installed it, but I have no pre-paid card and have no interest in putting my credit card number on the internet. I also found a 7-day trial on the website, but if I want to do the seven-day trial I have to download the game from the internet it seems. I don't need to download it twice. And if I attempt to download it online, it takes about 26 hrs to download. Is there a way to use the 7-day free trial with the game I purchased already?

Eruantion87
The Shire

Jan 16 2008, 2:09am

Post #10 of 10 (567 views)
Shortcut
I miss that game... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was lucky enough to be in the closed beta for it. I had alot of fun on it, but my computer really isn't good enough to run it.
If I ever do get my computer updated, I will totally be going back to playing it. Awesome game.

Hope you enjoy it.

Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it. White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.