Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Northern Mine Barrage :
Hobbit trailer to show in US theatres with Brave. But which trailer?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jun 20 2012, 9:07pm

Post #1 of 58 (3651 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit trailer to show in US theatres with Brave. But which trailer? Can't Post

Our spies have sent us simultaneously exciting and puzzling information about the forthcoming Hobbit trailer:

"Deluxe Digital has sent our theater the new US trailers for this upcoming week, and I was delightfully surprised after I read through the list. We have received the SECOND Hobbit trailer, although the 48fps or any other format is still unknown to me. It instructed us, along with several other theaters, to attach the trailer to Brave, which premieres this Friday.

Unfortunately, our district manager has opted [for] us to attach three different trailers, none of which are The Hobbit."

Our anonymous tip-off, who lives and works in the American mid-west, also sent us copies of the instruction sheets. On it, we discovered that the listed length exceeds the 2:24mins of the G-rated clip cited by the Alberta film board by five seconds.

Our spy tells us that: "the original Hobbit trailer that we already had ... had a run time of 2:31 on the main server. So it's confusing as to why we would get another shipment of the first Hobbit trailer, if we ALREADY have it."

"The only other explanation that I have is the possible 5 second black transition we normally use to space out the trailers, but I don't think that would be accounted for in the trailer itself."

What's going on here? We're now beginning to wonder whether this "new" trailer for US theatres, only a few seconds shorter than the one we've already seen, will actually feature much that's new at all.

Xanaseb
Sailing Master

Jun 21 2012, 2:12am

Post #2 of 58 (1226 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm how bizarre! things just get stranger and stranger ;) :P [In reply to] Can't Post

Cannae wait for the next trailer though! CoolLaughSmileWink

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Laketown guy: What have the dwarves -ever- done for us?

Bard: The aqueduct!

Laketown guy: Piss off! We're not from Dale

Jim
Cabin Boy

Jun 21 2012, 2:20am

Post #3 of 58 (1201 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

Coming more and more onto the side that it's just a rehash of the first trailer for a G rating. Surely if it was new footage there would be a lot more build up for it in the mainstream media or by PJ and co

QuackingTroll
Quartermaster

Jun 21 2012, 2:24am

Post #4 of 58 (1182 views)
Shortcut
It exceeds it by nearly 6 seconds, actually... [In reply to] Can't Post

As I mentioned on the other thread they don't include the 6 seconds of green writing at the start... it's going to be the same as the last trailer with a couple of alternate shots where characters were smoking or fighting before to keep it a G rating...

"...For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth"

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Jun 21 2012, 2:26am)

Captain Salt
Sailing Master

Jun 21 2012, 2:25am

Post #5 of 58 (1199 views)
Shortcut
Yes, didn't the source on IMDB say there are only a couple of new shots...? [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems increasingly like that's the case. In the immortal works of Otto West: "Okay...okay...DISAPPOINTED!!" TongueTongue

UnsureUnsure

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Xanaseb
Sailing Master

Jun 21 2012, 2:27am

Post #6 of 58 (1189 views)
Shortcut
Oh really?.. just a G-rated rehash? oh vell... we have longer yet to wait then folks! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Unimpressed

QuackingTroll
Quartermaster

Jun 21 2012, 2:29am

Post #7 of 58 (1167 views)
Shortcut
Depends what the alternate shots are... [In reply to] Can't Post

If there's a new character in there then it's worth it

"...For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth"

Captain Salt
Sailing Master

Jun 21 2012, 2:30am

Post #8 of 58 (1141 views)
Shortcut
Hoping for a look at Raddy, no matter how brief...// [In reply to] Can't Post

2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

QuackingTroll
Quartermaster

Jun 21 2012, 2:33am

Post #9 of 58 (1150 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely! They could tease him in this trailer and fully reveal him at Comic-con [In reply to] Can't Post

Did that sound rude?

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Jun 21 2012, 2:33am)

Jim
Cabin Boy

Jun 21 2012, 2:35am

Post #10 of 58 (1188 views)
Shortcut
Have any of Torn's... [In reply to] Can't Post

Aussies and Kiwis seen Brave yet? It is out today there and i'm wondering if they've seen a Hobbit trailer in front of it.

(This post was edited by Jim on Jun 21 2012, 2:36am)

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Jun 21 2012, 2:50am

Post #11 of 58 (1107 views)
Shortcut
not me [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Aussies and Kiwis seen Brave yet? It is out today there and i'm wondering if they've seen a Hobbit trailer in front of it.

I'd like to see Brave because I do like Pixar's creative attitude and it looks to have some heart to it, but opening nights are largely too much of a hassle.

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

Captain Salt
Sailing Master

Jun 21 2012, 2:51am

Post #12 of 58 (1113 views)
Shortcut
Well, would certainly get people excited. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Demosthenes
Sr. Staff

Jun 21 2012, 2:52am

Post #13 of 58 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Regardless of this... [In reply to] Can't Post

I reckon WB is going to want to make a major splash at Comic-con.

/personal opinion only

TheOneRing.net Senior Staff
IRC Admin and Hall of Fire moderator

QuackingTroll
Quartermaster

Jun 21 2012, 3:13am

Post #14 of 58 (1160 views)
Shortcut
I think Comic-con marks the start of The Hobbit's real marketing... [In reply to] Can't Post

Everything so far has just been early buzz IMO, and I consider the teaser more of an announcement concept than a real trailer. Filming wraps in July and I'm sure shortly after we'll have a real Hobbit trailer and a flurry of info. Until then I'm waiting patiently and playing War in the North Smile

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Jun 21 2012, 3:16am)

Ataahua
The Kraken / Moderator

Jun 21 2012, 4:15am

Post #15 of 58 (1066 views)
Shortcut
Not yet! But I plan to. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Shelob'sAppetite
Quartermaster

Jun 21 2012, 5:30am

Post #16 of 58 (1065 views)
Shortcut
Okay, but since the trailer is almost identical [In reply to] Can't Post

Will they not bother releasing an online version?

DanielLB
Captain

Jun 21 2012, 7:03am

Post #17 of 58 (919 views)
Shortcut
I don't mind if it's just a rehash [In reply to] Can't Post

I want to see it in cinema!! Cool

titanium_hobbit
Rigger

Jun 21 2012, 7:24am

Post #18 of 58 (1025 views)
Shortcut
haven't seen myself, but I've heard: no [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not attached to Brave.

:(

Hobbit firster, Book firster.

Have you explored all of TORN's forums?

Xanaseb
Sailing Master

Jun 21 2012, 11:11am

Post #19 of 58 (853 views)
Shortcut
In which case: Rumours FTW!.... .... ..... .... -____-.. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Quartermaster

Jun 21 2012, 1:06pm

Post #20 of 58 (768 views)
Shortcut
Do we KNOW that it is identical or almost identical? [In reply to] Can't Post

Or is this still speculation. That is still not clear to me.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

dormouse
First Mate

Jun 21 2012, 1:17pm

Post #21 of 58 (738 views)
Shortcut
I don't think we know anything... [In reply to] Can't Post

Someone said that a post on IMdb (do I mean IMdb?) claimed that it was basically the same trailer with a couple of scenes added. But who were they, and how would the have seen it and...

The merry-go-round is still spinning!

Marionette
Rigger

Jun 21 2012, 1:19pm

Post #22 of 58 (746 views)
Shortcut
I want that [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope itīs the new trailer!! With "Brave", thatīs cool.
Canīt wait

"Dear friend good bye, no tears in my eyes. So sad it ends, as it began"
Queen

Thorins_apprentice
Rigger

Jun 21 2012, 1:29pm

Post #23 of 58 (747 views)
Shortcut
Why would they rehash the same trailer again.??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't they, already show it with Tin Tin.Shocked
Didn't they call it trailer 2.Wink
Brave is already released here in AUS but i don't think i want to pay for a childrens movie to see it.Laugh

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

DanielLB
Captain

Jun 21 2012, 1:37pm

Post #24 of 58 (746 views)
Shortcut
I have yet to see the trailer in a cinema yet [In reply to] Can't Post

I would quite happily pay, even if it is an animated film Wink

Any young relatives you could "treat"? Laugh

Lily Fairbairn
First Mate

Jun 21 2012, 3:17pm

Post #25 of 58 (667 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

We're already planning to take the grandchildren to see Brave on Saturday, so a Hobbit trailer of any description would be a real treat.

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.