Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Hobbit trailer to show in US theatres with Brave. But which trailer?

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jun 20 2012, 9:07pm

Views: 3613
Shortcut
Hobbit trailer to show in US theatres with Brave. But which trailer? Can't Post

Our spies have sent us simultaneously exciting and puzzling information about the forthcoming Hobbit trailer:

"Deluxe Digital has sent our theater the new US trailers for this upcoming week, and I was delightfully surprised after I read through the list. We have received the SECOND Hobbit trailer, although the 48fps or any other format is still unknown to me. It instructed us, along with several other theaters, to attach the trailer to Brave, which premieres this Friday.

Unfortunately, our district manager has opted [for] us to attach three different trailers, none of which are The Hobbit."

Our anonymous tip-off, who lives and works in the American mid-west, also sent us copies of the instruction sheets. On it, we discovered that the listed length exceeds the 2:24mins of the G-rated clip cited by the Alberta film board by five seconds.

Our spy tells us that: "the original Hobbit trailer that we already had ... had a run time of 2:31 on the main server. So it's confusing as to why we would get another shipment of the first Hobbit trailer, if we ALREADY have it."

"The only other explanation that I have is the possible 5 second black transition we normally use to space out the trailers, but I don't think that would be accounted for in the trailer itself."

What's going on here? We're now beginning to wonder whether this "new" trailer for US theatres, only a few seconds shorter than the one we've already seen, will actually feature much that's new at all.

Subject User Time
Hobbit trailer to show in US theatres with Brave. But which trailer? News from Bree Send a private message to News from Bree Jun 20 2012, 9:07pm
    Hmmmm how bizarre! things just get stranger and stranger ;) :P Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jun 21 2012, 2:12am
    Hmmmm... Jim Send a private message to Jim Jun 21 2012, 2:20am
        Yes, didn't the source on IMDB say there are only a couple of new shots...? Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jun 21 2012, 2:25am
    It exceeds it by nearly 6 seconds, actually... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Jun 21 2012, 2:24am
        Oh really?.. just a G-rated rehash? oh vell... we have longer yet to wait then folks! // Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jun 21 2012, 2:27am
            Depends what the alternate shots are... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Jun 21 2012, 2:29am
                Hoping for a look at Raddy, no matter how brief...// Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jun 21 2012, 2:30am
                    Absolutely! They could tease him in this trailer and fully reveal him at Comic-con QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Jun 21 2012, 2:33am
                        Well, would certainly get people excited. // Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jun 21 2012, 2:51am
                        Regardless of this... Demosthenes Send a private message to Demosthenes Jun 21 2012, 2:52am
                            I think Comic-con marks the start of The Hobbit's real marketing... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Jun 21 2012, 3:13am
        Okay, but since the trailer is almost identical Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Jun 21 2012, 5:30am
            Do we KNOW that it is identical or almost identical? VoronwŽ_the_Faithful Send a private message to VoronwŽ_the_Faithful Jun 21 2012, 1:06pm
                I don't think we know anything... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 21 2012, 1:17pm
                Not new trailer DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jun 21 2012, 3:37pm
                    Well, I called it first! **smug** // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Jun 21 2012, 3:47pm
                        Oh dear! Hurry up Comic Con! I wants news!!! :-D / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jun 21 2012, 3:58pm
                            News will probably come quick after the first week of July. BeornBerserker Send a private message to BeornBerserker Jun 21 2012, 4:31pm
                    It is as I feared.... Jim Send a private message to Jim Jun 21 2012, 3:56pm
                    in the meantime... Demosthenes Send a private message to Demosthenes Jun 21 2012, 5:34pm
                    Ok, great, but Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Jun 21 2012, 5:48pm
        I don't mind if it's just a rehash DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jun 21 2012, 7:03am
    Have any of Torn's... Jim Send a private message to Jim Jun 21 2012, 2:35am
        not me Demosthenes Send a private message to Demosthenes Jun 21 2012, 2:50am
        Not yet! But I plan to. / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jun 21 2012, 4:15am
        haven't seen myself, but I've heard: no titanium_hobbit Send a private message to titanium_hobbit Jun 21 2012, 7:24am
            In which case: Rumours FTW!.... .... ..... .... -____-.. // Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jun 21 2012, 11:11am
    I want that Marionette Send a private message to Marionette Jun 21 2012, 1:19pm
        Why would they rehash the same trailer again.??? Thorins_apprentice Send a private message to Thorins_apprentice Jun 21 2012, 1:29pm
            I have yet to see the trailer in a cinema yet DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jun 21 2012, 1:37pm
                Same here Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Jun 21 2012, 3:17pm
            Anyway Marionette Send a private message to Marionette Jun 21 2012, 3:54pm
    First trailer Buchanicus Send a private message to Buchanicus Jun 21 2012, 5:58pm
        I think it's weird that it's released in 6 months! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jun 21 2012, 6:36pm
            I thought it was going to fizzle BeornBerserker Send a private message to BeornBerserker Jun 21 2012, 10:28pm
            I have always had faith that it would be made. Kangi Ska Send a private message to Kangi Ska Jun 21 2012, 10:53pm
    going to see Brave on Sunday... Sinister71 Send a private message to Sinister71 Jun 21 2012, 11:37pm
        there will still be a new trailer with TDKR TheCoon Send a private message to TheCoon Jun 22 2012, 12:31am
    Any news on whether or not the G-rated version will feature online? Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Jun 22 2012, 1:23am
        I've never seen you so excited before Shelob'sAppetite ;-) / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jun 22 2012, 6:58am
    Will it be shown for both 2d and 3d? Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Jun 23 2012, 5:26pm
        not sure but artemy Send a private message to artemy Jun 23 2012, 6:02pm
            The reason I ask, is that I am somewhat over the whole 3D effect Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Jun 23 2012, 6:15pm
                Depends on the film artemy Send a private message to artemy Jun 23 2012, 7:04pm
            cinemas with 48 fps Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Jun 23 2012, 9:45pm
                Went to a 48fps demonstration in Chicago last week Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Jun 24 2012, 4:02am
                    true motion and 48fps Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Jun 24 2012, 2:53pm
                        Children of Men, a brilliantly shot film Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Jun 24 2012, 6:39pm
                            reply to Shelobs Appetite Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Jun 24 2012, 9:14pm
                                I'm with you Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Jun 25 2012, 1:51am
                                    reply to Shelobs Appetite Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Jun 25 2012, 1:37pm
        If anyone's keeping track, AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Jun 24 2012, 9:36pm
            I'm keeping (mental) track DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jun 24 2012, 9:44pm
                We were going anyway, AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Jun 24 2012, 9:46pm
                    Pixar is a favourite of ours DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jun 24 2012, 10:04pm
            We saw Brave in 2D and it had the trailer. Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Jun 25 2012, 4:28am
                Has anybody shadowdog Send a private message to shadowdog Jun 25 2012, 5:16pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.