Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Trailer 2 Imminent - Runs at 2 Min, 24 Sec.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jun 14 2012, 11:17pm

Post #1 of 246 (17327 views)
Shortcut
Trailer 2 Imminent - Runs at 2 Min, 24 Sec. Can't Post

The Alberta Film Ratings website which lists trailers before they appear in theaters has classified the new TH trailer with a "G rating", and a run time of 2 minutes, 24 seconds (in contrast, Trailer 1 was 2:32). Trailers are listed on the site preceding their official release, so this means the trailer has been completed (as of today, June 14th), and will be appearing soon in theaters and/or online! Smile

Originally saw this on IMDB, so thanks to AndroidsArmada.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, with axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Jun 14 2012, 11:25pm)

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jun 14 2012, 11:26pm

Post #2 of 246 (9566 views)
Shortcut
WoW exciting news!!!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Laketown guy: What have the dwarves -ever- done for us?

Bard: The aqueduct!

Laketown guy: Piss off! We're not from Dale

Chopsta123
Gondor

Jun 14 2012, 11:48pm

Post #3 of 246 (9255 views)
Shortcut
Nice!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

That means we might see it before the Dark Night Rises, no? Cool

http://ce-games.forumotion.com/
The forum for the LOTR Character Elimination Game!

Ececheira
Bree

Jun 14 2012, 11:56pm

Post #4 of 246 (9279 views)
Shortcut
At last!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Can. Not. Wait.

Jim
Rivendell

Jun 15 2012, 12:03am

Post #5 of 246 (9256 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo!!... [In reply to] Can't Post

The first trailer was released online on the 20th December and was put on the Alberta Film Ratings website on the 14th December.

So are we expecting the 2nd trailer within a week??!!!

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jun 15 2012, 12:12am

Post #6 of 246 (9083 views)
Shortcut
With "The Dark Knight Rises" would be my guess [In reply to] Can't Post

But it might appear online long before Smile

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jun 15 2012, 12:24am

Post #7 of 246 (9176 views)
Shortcut
Internet Searches [In reply to] Can't Post

Internet searches on the topic are unrevealing. All I find are loser posers on YouTube claiming to be "official." Not even your post comes up yet. Nice work finding that.

(This post was edited by JWPlatt on Jun 15 2012, 12:25am)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jun 15 2012, 12:26am

Post #8 of 246 (9111 views)
Shortcut
Think so too, but sooner would certainly be nicer! ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

2. Use not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, with axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jun 15 2012, 12:27am

Post #9 of 246 (9451 views)
Shortcut
This does seem to be the first we've heard anything official about it [In reply to] Can't Post

so it probably won't be out right away...though, Warner and New Line's "Rock of Ages" is out tomorrow, and how great would it be to find a surprise TH trailer in front of it?!

One can always dream. Wink

BTW, thanks, but credit really goes to the guy who first found it on IMDB as mentioned in OP! Smile

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Jun 15 2012, 12:30am)

Not_the_beard
The Shire

Jun 15 2012, 12:44am

Post #10 of 246 (9256 views)
Shortcut
This is Great [In reply to] Can't Post

Link

When I searched for the classification of the previous trailer, it also listed the first trailer as 2:24, does this mean that the second trailer will also be 2:32?

Also, the fact that the first trailer got a PG and the second one is only G. Does this mean we can expect to not see any battle scenes yet?

*Edited by Earl* Just edited this post to put the uber-long URL into a text hyperlink as the URL was causing the entire page to scroll horizontally. No biggie Smile

(This post was edited by Earl on Jun 15 2012, 5:32am)

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jun 15 2012, 12:48am

Post #11 of 246 (9413 views)
Shortcut
G Rating [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it means we won't see a needy Gandalf searching Galadriel's eys for love as she caresses* his face..

Oops, did I say that out loud? Evil

* A joke. For the record, she is moving a little hair and does not actually touch Gandalf. She performed this action in Lord of the Rings as well, but not on Gandalf. Watch for it.

(This post was edited by JWPlatt on Jun 15 2012, 12:50am)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jun 15 2012, 12:56am

Post #12 of 246 (9442 views)
Shortcut
Good questions [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually not sure if they count opening titles/credit cards at end? Without, the first teaser was probably about 2:24.

Not sure what the lowered rating means (other than agreed, we probably won't see a return of Gandriel)! Evil

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jun 15 2012, 1:07am

Post #13 of 246 (9257 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent sleuthing, CaptainSalt. As far as I can tell, this news is literally NOWHERE else on the web, except for the Alberta Film Rating website.

You, sir, have an exclusive!

In any event, I am beyond excited for this. In fact, I fully expect that I will like the trailers and TV spots far more than the films, so I may as well enjoy myself now. Wink

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jun 15 2012, 1:09am

Post #14 of 246 (9364 views)
Shortcut
Indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

She also lovingly caressed Aragorn, son of Arathorn in the Extended Edition of FOTR.

Does that count as him cheating on Arwen?

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jun 15 2012, 1:39am

Post #15 of 246 (9338 views)
Shortcut
Probably not Rock of Ages, but [In reply to] Can't Post

maybe Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer and/or Brave, which are out next Friday? I really don't think that it would be listed as newly classified if it wasn't going to be released until July 20 with DKR. Maybe Spiderman, but even that seems too far out at July 6. Maybe it is an internet-only teaser?

I guess we will know when we know. Thanks for the info!

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jun 15 2012, 1:53am

Post #16 of 246 (9445 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, and agreed that the wait is rewarding in its own right [In reply to] Can't Post

during which we can come up with our own versions of the films to be screened exclusively in our individual minds' eyes. Smile

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on Jun 15 2012, 1:59am)

duats
Grey Havens

Jun 15 2012, 1:55am

Post #17 of 246 (9246 views)
Shortcut
Typically [In reply to] Can't Post

A trailer is released a week or two after it's been rated.

Unless this one goes against the norm, we're getting this long before The Dark Knight Rises. Of the upcoming June releases, Brave is probably the safest bet.

(This post was edited by duats on Jun 15 2012, 1:56am)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jun 15 2012, 1:56am

Post #18 of 246 (8958 views)
Shortcut
These all seem very possible! [In reply to] Can't Post

Agreed that the new trailer will most likely premiere before Brave or Vampire Hunter, if not debuting on the internet first, and that the listing probably means we'll get it before Dark Knight Rises. Wink

duats
Grey Havens

Jun 15 2012, 1:57am

Post #19 of 246 (9035 views)
Shortcut
It won't be with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter [In reply to] Can't Post

As that movie is Rated R.

(This post was edited by duats on Jun 15 2012, 1:58am)

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jun 15 2012, 1:59am

Post #20 of 246 (8924 views)
Shortcut
Good point [In reply to] Can't Post

So Brave or internet exclusive it probably is then...

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jun 15 2012, 2:00am

Post #21 of 246 (9041 views)
Shortcut
Remind me what the first trailer was first attached to? [In reply to] Can't Post

Was it Tintin, or something else?

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

duats
Grey Havens

Jun 15 2012, 2:02am

Post #22 of 246 (9192 views)
Shortcut
It was with Tintin [In reply to] Can't Post

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jun 15 2012, 2:16am

Post #23 of 246 (8827 views)
Shortcut
I think Brave makes a lot of sense [In reply to] Can't Post

As much sense as Tintin did. It might even be why this one is rated G, although I think Brave itself is rated PG.

When was the first one available on the internet, before or after the December 21 release date of Tintin?

The Hall of Fire

Intergalactic Lawman
Rohan

Jun 15 2012, 2:16am

Post #24 of 246 (8821 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

This trailer will be before The Dark Knight Rises! There will be so many people going to see that -it would give them the maximum exposure...

Or...would Warner Brothers (knowing damn well that Batman will do fine on its own) throw this trailer before one of the films that wont do so well...just to get a few extra bums in seats?? Hmmm

duats
Grey Havens

Jun 15 2012, 2:18am

Post #25 of 246 (9236 views)
Shortcut
If I remember correctly [In reply to] Can't Post

The first trailer debuted online first, on the Wednesday before Tintin's release.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.