Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
The Hobbit officially part of Comic-Con 2012

Buchanicus
Lorien

Jun 13 2012, 6:36pm

Post #1 of 10 (1334 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit officially part of Comic-Con 2012 Can't Post

I was a little surprised no one had posted about this yet... and if they have and i just missed it, feel free to delete this thread.

WB officially announced a panel The Hobbit: An unexpected Journey taking place in the prestigious Hall H. Not sure exactly which date the panel will take place on, but Comic-Con takes place July 11-15.

I think this further supports the idea of a new trailer in July. Perhaps debuting at Comic-Con and then attached to The Dark Knight Rises.

Here's a link, but BEWARE, the article contains a picture that is somewhat of a spoiler for Iron Man 3.

http://collider.com/comic-con-2012-iron-man-3-the-hobbit-hall-h/172711/

TORn member formally known as ryan1976.

(This post was edited by Buchanicus on Jun 13 2012, 6:43pm)

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jun 13 2012, 6:39pm

Post #2 of 10 (352 views)
Shortcut
comic con [In reply to] Can't Post

Super!! So lucky them comic con goers...

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Jun 13 2012, 6:58pm

Post #3 of 10 (325 views)
Shortcut
I know here in the south east [In reply to] Can't Post

we have Dragon-con which looks like it has a few guests nothing from the Hobbit as of yet but its not until September... But I do see John Rhys-Davies on the list of attendees though, should also be filled with tons of Hobbit stuff this year Can't wait for September to get here for it

http://dragoncon.org/

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jun 13 2012, 7:22pm

Post #4 of 10 (298 views)
Shortcut
Jealous! [In reply to] Can't Post

If they show the trailer at Comic-Con it will probably be released for the rest of us later on, but they often show stuff that people aren't allowed to record, nor ever released to the public. Often extended trailer Frown

So for example, the people at Comic-Con might get a 5 minute trailer while the one they release later is 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

(This post was edited by Carne on Jun 13 2012, 7:23pm)

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jun 13 2012, 7:27pm

Post #5 of 10 (284 views)
Shortcut
reply to carne [In reply to] Can't Post

is that so, Carne? Is that the usual practice? I remember back in 2004 a video recording from a fan at comic con, and it was crazy the audiences reaction...

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jun 13 2012, 7:45pm

Post #6 of 10 (321 views)
Shortcut
Yea, it's become more common to give the ones attending "exclusive footage" [In reply to] Can't Post

Although people sometimes manage to record the footage or at least the sound.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jun 14 2012, 12:07am

Post #7 of 10 (192 views)
Shortcut
Wonderful news. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just splended. Mine eyes shall be fixed on G4. lol

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

eralkfang
Lorien

Jun 14 2012, 12:52am

Post #8 of 10 (187 views)
Shortcut
Yeah… [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember this happening with The Avengers (I think?).

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Jun 14 2012, 1:45am

Post #9 of 10 (321 views)
Shortcut
last year at the big events of Dragon-con [In reply to] Can't Post

they had security watching for recorders and cell phone camera takers making them put them away during the bigger events snap shots were ok or at least I seen a few flashes but video was a bit harder to getbecause of security... Still i know last year we were told there would be Hobbit exclusives at the convention So I am really hoping for something spectacular when i go

Garfeimao
Rohan

Jun 18 2012, 8:36pm

Post #10 of 10 (765 views)
Shortcut
comic con does tend to get a lot of exclusives [In reply to] Can't Post

Sometimes it's the trailer, but more often than not it is something that later on appears on the DVDs as extras, and it often is geared for the comic con crowd, such as a Greeting. they do this for other conventions too, such as Wondercon. We got to see an 8 minute clip from the upcoming Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter that was a big action sequence, definitely too long to be a trailer. It was super cool, and had to come at an earlier convention because the film opens before comic con.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.