Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Fatal Error

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 12 2012, 2:00pm

Post #1 of 7 (772 views)
Shortcut
Fatal Error Can't Post

Just now, at 8:58 am Central time, I got this message while trying to access the main index.

A fatal error has occurred:
GT::Session::SQL (10330): Could not connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on '10.100.100.2' (111)
at /www01/newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/admin/GForum/Authenticate.pm line 440.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

And suddenly the Tornadoes saw afar off a greenlight, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame;
and they knew that this was no vision only, but that PJ had made a new thing: The Hobbit, the Film that Is.

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 12 2012, 2:08pm

Post #2 of 7 (647 views)
Shortcut
Got it again a few minutes later trying to access page 2 of OT. [In reply to] Can't Post

A fatal error has occurred:
GT::Session::SQL (10601): Could not connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on '10.100.100.2' (111)
at /www01/newboards.theonering.net/forum/gforum/perl/admin/GForum/Authenticate.pm line 418.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

And suddenly the Tornadoes saw afar off a greenlight, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame;
and they knew that this was no vision only, but that PJ had made a new thing: The Hobbit, the Film that Is.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jun 12 2012, 2:17pm

Post #3 of 7 (644 views)
Shortcut
I got this, too [In reply to] Can't Post

I posted the reading thread without any problem, then went to reply to someone's message and got the error message. When I tried to go straight back to the main index, ditto.

But when I waited a few minutes and tried again, well, here I am and all is well!

Computers. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em. Tongue

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 12 2012, 2:31pm

Post #4 of 7 (660 views)
Shortcut
Works for me now [In reply to] Can't Post

Might have been a glitch in the Matrix. For future instances, it does help to tell us your internet browser because sometimes the problem might be limited to certain browsers. For example, I'm now working on a Windows XP machine with Internet Explorer 8.0 and I can access all the forums.

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Jun 12 2012, 2:51pm

Post #5 of 7 (649 views)
Shortcut
Whew - glad to know this was just an internet problem. I was worried... // [In reply to] Can't Post

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?

Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home by Dec. 2013: Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main (image courtesy of Arwen's daughter)

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jun 12 2012, 3:51pm

Post #6 of 7 (649 views)
Shortcut
When TORn is down... [In reply to] Can't Post

...I have this horrible feeling a very important rug (a flying carpet?) has been pulled out from under me! Unimpressed

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

AlassŽa Eruvande
Valinor

Jun 12 2012, 4:04pm

Post #7 of 7 (765 views)
Shortcut
Ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

I always expect it's a huge Hobbit announcement that I'm missing out on because there are too many people trying to register, access and post about it! Laugh

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.