Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Song parody: Fog on the Barrow-Downs (The Ramones, Pet Semetary)

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Jun 12 2012, 4:18am

Views: 304
Shortcut
Song parody: Fog on the Barrow-Downs (The Ramones, Pet Semetary) Can't Post

Previously, I've posted a series of beach party / surf / California pop rock song parodies. Now we begin exploring the punk genre (primarily the Ramones, the Clash, and the Sex Pistols as the chief pioneers). This was largely and most recently inspired by a punk-related suggestion by Quacking_Troll.

FOG ON THE BARROW-DOWNS (The Ramones, Pet Semetary*)

Upon the hills past the Forest 'tis said
Ancient evil wakes the dead
Come ouíf the ground, they make a fell sound
The smell of death is all around
And the night when the cold wind blows
No one cares, nobody knows

I don't want to feel harrowed in the Downs of the Barrows
I don't want a Wight inside my brain
I donít want to walk undead in the hills of the haunted
I just want to have my life again.

Cold be hand and heart and bone
And cold be sleep under the stone
Never more to wake on stony bed
Never, till Sun fails and Moon is dead
In the black wind the stars shall die
And still on gold here let them lie!

I feel cold to the marrow in the Downs of the Barrows
I don't want a Wight inside my brain
I won't be a dependent of a Carn DŻm descendant
I just want to have my life again

By water, wood, and sun-lit hill,
I call for olí Tom Bombadil.
His boots are yellow, his jacket bright blue,
If he hears then you will soon be through.
In the cairn with my friends laid out
Hope heís near enough so he might hear me shoutÖ.

Please come swifter than arrows to the Downs of the Barrows
I donít want a Wight inside my brain
We'd been saved from the Willow thanks to Tom Bombadil-lo
I sure hope heíll save us once again
Oh no
Oh no
I donít want a Wight inside my brain
Oh no
Oh no
I just want to have my life back again
Oh no no no
Donít want a Wight in me, not again

http://grooveshark.com/...Semetary+the+Ramones
http://www.lyrics007.com/...matary%20Lyrics.html

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...rum.cgi?post=424021;

Subject User Time
Song parody: Fog on the Barrow-Downs (The Ramones, Pet Semetary) Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 12 2012, 4:18am
    being a Ramones fan Sinister71 Send a private message to Sinister71 Jun 13 2012, 4:45pm
        Thanks sinister71! Since you like the Ramones, Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 15 2012, 1:18am
    Hah! This is awesome! QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Jun 13 2012, 7:21pm
        Thank you QuaTro! Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 15 2012, 1:23am
            oops! almost forgot... Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 15 2012, 2:14am
            How could I get bored with lyrics like this?? QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Jun 15 2012, 2:26pm
                Thanks :-) *still might do a prog parody series* >:-) Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 15 2012, 6:39pm
                    "Q" Cool, now I feel like a Men in Black agent! // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Jun 15 2012, 6:48pm
                        Not a character from James Bond? ;-) // Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 15 2012, 10:46pm
    I won't be a dependent of a Carn DŻm descendant" Hahahahah Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jun 13 2012, 10:07pm
        Thank you Ethel :-D Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 15 2012, 1:30am
    I had to go watch the Ramones video first... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 14 2012, 12:02am
        Many thanks sempai! Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 15 2012, 1:39am
    Nice! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Jun 15 2012, 1:52am
        Thank you dernwyn :-) Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 15 2012, 2:44am
    My parody song: Fields of Pelennor dclary Send a private message to dclary Jun 15 2012, 3:22pm
        Welcome aboard! Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 15 2012, 6:15pm
            Apologies dclary Send a private message to dclary Jun 15 2012, 7:18pm
                Amazing! dclary Send a private message to dclary Jun 15 2012, 7:31pm
                    Wow, thanks! Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 15 2012, 10:17pm
                No worries! Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 15 2012, 10:10pm
    Awesome! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jun 16 2012, 12:41pm
        Thanks gramma! Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Jun 16 2012, 12:57pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.