Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
7th vlog is now on!!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 6:52pm

Post #251 of 353 (17983 views)
Shortcut
Kermit [In reply to] Can't Post

see subject bar

Davy Jones could've been Bilbo...I mean he was a Brit with a sense for adventure, singing & dancing. And think of the costs it would've save with forced perspective: he was ACTUALLY 5'3. He also hung out with a grumpy tall dude in a hat (Mike Nesmith.) While we're at it let's just make Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork Merry & Pippin.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 6:57pm

Post #252 of 353 (17961 views)
Shortcut
According to google [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.pixiesrule.com/

Sly

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 6:58pm

Post #253 of 353 (17992 views)
Shortcut
You've lost me? / [In reply to] Can't Post

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 6:58pm

Post #254 of 353 (17964 views)
Shortcut
Not every single one [In reply to] Can't Post

But the majority of them. You could nit-pick and say whatever percent you want. But those of us that have been around or *shudder* worked in Hollywood we can def. say there is something to be had about the diff. in attitudes between the two filmmaking entities.

And a filmcrew should be commended on their good spirits and hard work ethics and I have no shame in saying most of Hollywood could learn a lesson. Not that Wellywood doesn't have its issues. I'm sure they do, but there's a reason why every Hollywood behind the scenes feature looks and sounds the same throughout all its many shows.

I don't retract my statement. Learn a lesson Hollywood.

Davy Jones could've been Bilbo...I mean he was a Brit with a sense for adventure, singing & dancing. And think of the costs it would've save with forced perspective: he was ACTUALLY 5'3. He also hung out with a grumpy tall dude in a hat (Mike Nesmith.) While we're at it let's just make Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork Merry & Pippin.

(This post was edited by hutch on Jun 7 2012, 6:58pm)

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2012, 6:59pm

Post #255 of 353 (17978 views)
Shortcut
photo [In reply to] Can't Post

Dori: OH OH that was rubbish rubbish! Bloody hobbit cant cook nor drink nor sing! He has no fire in him!
Wheres the famous Green Frog??

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 7:00pm

Post #256 of 353 (18125 views)
Shortcut
Did you see those dotted 'I's? [In reply to] Can't Post

Unless that's Disney someone is going to get trampled.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 7 2012, 7:00pm

Post #257 of 353 (18003 views)
Shortcut
Not a Muppet fan, Daniel? [In reply to] Can't Post

See here. Smile

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Elskar
Bree

Jun 7 2012, 7:02pm

Post #258 of 353 (17943 views)
Shortcut
only guessing [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought it might mean a type of umm....pipe weed. When I googled it I found a site that had Green Frog listed as slang for depressants. Perhaps another bit of slang for absinthe? Also known as the green fairy.

Plant Trees

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:03pm

Post #259 of 353 (17953 views)
Shortcut
Looks like a Disney font [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it not allowed then?

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:03pm

Post #260 of 353 (17957 views)
Shortcut
Love the Muppets! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just missed the joke Wink A bit slow on the uptake, haha!

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jun 7 2012, 7:04pm)

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2012, 7:06pm

Post #261 of 353 (17928 views)
Shortcut
Ooooh, good one. Thanks, Sebi! // [In reply to] Can't Post

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 7:07pm

Post #262 of 353 (17926 views)
Shortcut
Just to add [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes it does do good to pit one group against the other if you want one to change and be more like the other. It might not be such a chore to the underlings of Hollywood if the overlords were less self-indulged, arrogant, and disrespectful. The task of making a film is hard enough without unnecessary high school drama antics. The mood on set would be more tolerable and more of the money would go to what you actually see on screen rather than to certain people.
Sorry...I'm kind of ranting. I'll stop now. But it is worth noting that having us fans catching good vibes toward a project, like these TH vlogs, is also good for revenue. It's win-win.
Also kudos to PJ for attempting to cast people that can actually get along well for such long periods of time. That also translate to what we all see on screen. no enough directors recognize this.
Just a lesson to learn.

(This post was edited by hutch on Jun 7 2012, 7:11pm)

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2012, 7:09pm

Post #263 of 353 (17950 views)
Shortcut
Maybe Ken Stott's camera shy :P.... wait... he atually might be o.O // [In reply to] Can't Post

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Laketown guy: What have the dwarves -ever- done for us?

Bard: The aqueduct!

Laketown guy: Piss off! We're not from Dale

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 7:10pm

Post #264 of 353 (17933 views)
Shortcut
Ribbit [In reply to] Can't Post

Kermit is the only green frog that springs to my mind...*springs* ha ha ha.

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2012, 7:11pm

Post #265 of 353 (17941 views)
Shortcut
My pleasure :D. I think it looks pretty good, and also on that wall you can see the beginnings of a tree being drawn in white... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I have little idea why.....but it looks fantastic IMO

(lol @ Sebi too Tongue)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:14pm

Post #266 of 353 (17912 views)
Shortcut
I'm still hoping for a character vlog [In reply to] Can't Post

Short interview with all the dwarf actors, telling us a little about their character, favourite scene etc - intercut with filming, behind the scenes etc.

Then we can get to know them all before the films

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 7:15pm

Post #267 of 353 (17938 views)
Shortcut
some may be in denial, [In reply to] Can't Post

but i'm still in downright mourning .

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:15pm

Post #268 of 353 (17917 views)
Shortcut
I hadn't spotted the white line [In reply to] Can't Post

What's your idea? Smile

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 7:17pm

Post #269 of 353 (17907 views)
Shortcut
me too [In reply to] Can't Post

but i still like the opening of FOTR better in the theatrical version better. I like Gandalf explaining "the comings and goings" to the curious hobbit rather than Bilbo's narration.

But, I agree there isn't much in the EEs that I'd change.

(This post was edited by hutch on Jun 7 2012, 7:18pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:17pm

Post #270 of 353 (17881 views)
Shortcut
Some may be in daniel [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't like the word denial. I always read over it, being an anagram of my name. I read your thread title as:

Some may be in daniel

I was worried Laugh Cool

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 7:18pm

Post #271 of 353 (17889 views)
Shortcut
it's true though [In reply to] Can't Post

Some may be a Daniel...as you are! Cool

Edit: okay now I misread your post but I'm going to leave my reply as is, because I like it.

(This post was edited by hutch on Jun 7 2012, 7:19pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:21pm

Post #272 of 353 (17877 views)
Shortcut
hahaha how funny! [In reply to] Can't Post

It still works Wink

So, who else is in daniel here? Tongue

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2012, 7:23pm

Post #273 of 353 (17912 views)
Shortcut
I have not much clue really ..... ..... maybe the start of a wall painting that might feature as the decorated wall behind the throne or something?// [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:28pm

Post #274 of 353 (17999 views)
Shortcut
Could be - similar to Rivendell [In reply to] Can't Post

When I first saw the vlog, and the brief clip of it, I did wonder if it could be the entrance to the Elvenking's Halls. It's quite clear that it's a wall though.

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2012, 7:37pm

Post #275 of 353 (18032 views)
Shortcut
or maybe I'm wrong and it is just Rivendell? :(.... but it looks to grand IMO. // [In reply to] Can't Post

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.