Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
7th vlog is now on!!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 Next page Last page  View All

droidsocket
Lorien

Jun 7 2012, 3:54am

Post #176 of 353 (18841 views)
Shortcut
i hate to break it to you buddy [In reply to] Can't Post

but your attitude toward it clearly shows you have no idea what it takes to adapt a book to film... When you start writing the script you have to make so many decisions for the medium you are working in..

I think people need to remember that the books and the movies are art. And for a fun exercise you should adapt The Hobbit book into a 12x 24inch painting. Think that through....changing (or adapting) one piece of art into a different form. I think you would find that you would not be such a slave to the original. You would make changes and cuts that work with that medium.

I am not saying that every change Pj has ever made has been for the better but also i cant stress enough that a BOOK can not be a Movie... they are two different mediums with different rules different audiences and different ways of telling the story. also not to mention that Pj is an artist and its his project...like it or leave it.

If you made the movie it would never see the light of day...And thank God because it would be a pile of mess. This is Peter Jacksons The Hobbit from the director that brought you The Lord of The Ring movies....it is his work BASED ON Tolkien's books. They are not Tolkiens movies.... And i think you would be surprised that had Tolkien ever been apart of a movie ADAPTATION there would be changes that would still get your panties in a knot.

I for one am getting tired of this forum. I love Tolkien. I love PJ's films. Thats why I come here... To find out whats new, to discuss the ins and outs of the films. It is beyond me why people who seem to hate these films and what Pj has done come here and bash. Are you untitled to your opinion? Sure. But as much as I dont like George Lucas or Micheal Bay I would never seek out starwars and transformers forum to tell the people that love those films how terrible they are.

Moahunter
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 5:29am

Post #177 of 353 (18751 views)
Shortcut
The barrel ride is a hint ...... [In reply to] Can't Post

of the treats in store if the rumoured theme park gets built.

Elskar
Bree

Jun 7 2012, 5:35am

Post #178 of 353 (18722 views)
Shortcut
I'll so be there [In reply to] Can't Post

is it rumored to be in New Zealand?

Plant Trees

Jim
Rivendell

Jun 7 2012, 5:36am

Post #179 of 353 (18843 views)
Shortcut
Some observations... [In reply to] Can't Post

1:09 James Nesbitt's "script" left hand side has Bilbo's and Gandalf's lines recreating a scene from The Shining!
1:55 Bilbo and Bofur looking very spooked and very wet, could be in the cave where they shelter on the mountain pass
3:40 Elven soldier kneeling
4:00 Looks like a warg rider
4:51 Climbing the narrow path to the secret door on Lonely Mountain (narrow ledge) or on the mountain pass?
5:43 Gandalf's "Dawn will take you" scene
5:52 Thorin shown in "out of the frying pan into the fire" scene
6:11 Pulp Fiction in the background on the wall
6:55 Radagast's sled?
6:56 Alan Lee getting ready for another cameo
6:57 John Howe in a massive chair, could be Beorn's
7:21 Looks like a model of Dale, based on previous spy photographs
7:24 Looks like a model of the White Council "chamber" in Rivendell? where Galadriel, Gandalf, Elrond and Saruman meet (see vlog 3 for reference)
7:58 Glamdring and Orcrist being taken to the trollshaw cave set?
9:40 Ear picking, wax flicking hobbit from FotR EE
10:48 Gloin has the same set of axes as Gimli
11:40 HUGE hammer, very much looks dwarvish in design, possibly belongs to Dain?
11:52 Richard Taylor on a warg?
12:18 McKellen getting makeup and Gandalf's hat on the ground
12:20 One of the ponies been cooked by the Orcs?

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 7 2012, 6:10am

Post #180 of 353 (18701 views)
Shortcut
Wait! Did you just say good ol' Mike is on the team!? [In reply to] Can't Post

I love you Mr Cere... you've made my day, week, month, year! The Extended DVDs are in perfect hands Cool

The Plan 9 Interview... in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the release of The Fellowship of the Ring.

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 6:12am

Post #181 of 353 (18739 views)
Shortcut
well, [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a lot better than what Hollywood cast & crews do behind the scenes...

Davy Jones could've been Bilbo...I mean he was a Brit with a sense for adventure, singing & dancing. And think of the costs it would've save with forced perspective: he was ACTUALLY 5'3. He also hung out with a grumpy tall dude in a hat (Mike Nesmith.) While we're at it let's just make Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork Merry & Pippin.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 7 2012, 6:15am

Post #182 of 353 (18721 views)
Shortcut
Picks his nose... no. Picks his ears... yes B-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to TORn Ancalima! Smile

The Plan 9 Interview... in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the release of The Fellowship of the Ring.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 7 2012, 6:18am

Post #183 of 353 (18712 views)
Shortcut
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy!? [In reply to] Can't Post

Good ol Pete got me! Sly

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 7 2012, 6:26am

Post #184 of 353 (18670 views)
Shortcut
At first I thought you said "threats in store" LOL // [In reply to] Can't Post

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 6:34am

Post #185 of 353 (18675 views)
Shortcut
we don't need to see every dwarf in every scene, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

...it may be in their contracts to have their faces shown. You forget that some decisions come from the studios and contracts and not just PJ's "lack of artistry" as you might call it.

Work a day in the biz and you'll have a whole new perspective on why things are the way they are in the film. And i'm willing to bet you'd marvel at how much PJ actually accomplished despite the limitations doled out by the studio and other unseen restraints.

Davy Jones could've been Bilbo...I mean he was a Brit with a sense for adventure, singing & dancing. And think of the costs it would've save with forced perspective: he was ACTUALLY 5'3. He also hung out with a grumpy tall dude in a hat (Mike Nesmith.) While we're at it let's just make Micky Dolenz and Peter Tork Merry & Pippin.

(This post was edited by hutch on Jun 7 2012, 6:35am)

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 6:38am

Post #186 of 353 (18671 views)
Shortcut
Have you seen an edit of this film already? [In reply to] Can't Post

You seem to know a lot about what's made the final cut of these films-which are still in production, mind you.

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 6:39am

Post #187 of 353 (18653 views)
Shortcut
yeah, right on. [In reply to] Can't Post

by that logic he/she is probably still complaining that Galadriel didn't pluck her hair out for Gimli in FOTR. Tongue

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jun 7 2012, 6:41am

Post #188 of 353 (18698 views)
Shortcut
Could be the first is his pre-Smaug hoard hammer [In reply to] Can't Post

And the epic one in the vlog is acquired from the Dragon Hoard.

In Reply To

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jun 7 2012, 6:47am

Post #189 of 353 (18684 views)
Shortcut
I really hope not. [In reply to] Can't Post

I would just really hate those dominal changes. Among other things, having the key and map and producing them at the last minute is how Gandalf saved the expidition. Thorin was so didainful of Bilbo that he was on the verge of taking offense and walking out on the whole affair, until Gandalf produced the map and key, and the story of how he got them.

In Reply To
"
My opinion is:
1. Thorin has the key and the map, before he meet Gandalf. Thrain was captured without key and map.
2. Gandalf goes only with his staff to the nazgul-tombs.
3. Gandalf finds Glamdring after that at the troll-cave.
4. Gandalf meets Thrain in Dol Guldur after he leaves Bilbo and the Dwarves. They fight.
5. Maybe after that there will be a battle-scene with the nazguls.

It would be very different from the book, but this could be the answers for the film-riddles about Glamdring.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

hutch
Rohan

Jun 7 2012, 6:47am

Post #190 of 353 (18662 views)
Shortcut
i agree [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I'll be darned if I'm not STILL perplexed by many of the changes made in ROTK. YIKES!
Esp. the confrontation between Gandalf and WiKi. OOF!
Crazy

(This post was edited by hutch on Jun 7 2012, 6:48am)

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Jun 7 2012, 7:05am

Post #191 of 353 (18681 views)
Shortcut
The cast and crew of every Hollywood movie ever made has the same behavior? [In reply to] Can't Post

Interesting to hear!

All this Wellywood exceptionalism is getting a little tired, no? It looks like PJ and company have a wonderful and incredibly fun outfit, but it does no one any good to pit them against some fabricated "other."

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:07am

Post #192 of 353 (18672 views)
Shortcut
At least they are in barrels! [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ could have just had them jump in the river ...

Elskar
Bree

Jun 7 2012, 7:17am

Post #193 of 353 (18654 views)
Shortcut
or Legolas could show up [In reply to] Can't Post

and give them all surf boards!

Plant Trees

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:20am

Post #194 of 353 (18811 views)
Shortcut
Piranha [In reply to] Can't Post

I wonder if there are piranha in the river? Legolas could tie little reins to them to pull him along the river.

Have we seen all the barrels with no lids? Perhaps some of the dwarves are fully closed up?

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:22am

Post #195 of 353 (18631 views)
Shortcut
I imagine that is the case / [In reply to] Can't Post

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jun 7 2012, 7:28am

Post #196 of 353 (18681 views)
Shortcut
That never happened. [In reply to] Can't Post

MadMadLet us all stop talking about a non-event that NEVER happened! MadMadIt was a disgusting fever dream that Peter had, and decided to film, and fortunately it only appears on EE, and thus is not even film cannon. Now, please submit your EE ROTK copy to me, as I am rounding them all up for proper burning. A new version, minus the never to be mentioned Gandalf/Witch-King scene, shall be distrubuted free of charge at an undisclosed future date. Unimpressed

In Reply To
...but I'll be darned if I'm not STILL perplexed by many of the changes made in ROTK. YIKES!
Esp. the confrontation between Gandalf and WiKi. OOF!
Crazy

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:31am

Post #197 of 353 (18654 views)
Shortcut
Film canon [In reply to] Can't Post

The EEs are film canon to me ...

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:32am

Post #198 of 353 (18691 views)
Shortcut
Nesbitt calander [In reply to] Can't Post

The calander in Nesbitt's trailer is on December 2011!

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 7:33am

Post #199 of 353 (18620 views)
Shortcut
They're all lidless [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.herr-der-ringe-film.de/...art1_19-cb105420.jpg

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jun 7 2012, 7:34am

Post #200 of 353 (18638 views)
Shortcut
Please submit you prior post [In reply to] Can't Post

As it will also have to be burned. lol

In Reply To
The EEs are film canon to me ...

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.