Ancalima

Jun 6 2012, 4:03pm

Post #101 of 353 (18934 views)
Shortcut
agreed, plus more things to love [In reply to] Can't Post

martin being pushed around in the barrel

comment by John Howe about the dragon at the end of the tunnel

kirans awesome sword work

the whole stunt double sequence...especially the sleeping guy...supposed to be Elijah? (they commented in the post production dvds he could sleep anywhere)

and was the gaffer who gave us the tour of the green screens the hobbit in The Fellowship that picks his nose in the extended version?

Arandir
Gondor

Jun 6 2012, 4:08pm

Post #102 of 353 (18960 views)
Shortcut
Thorin towards the fire [In reply to] Can't Post

That shot were Thorin is seen walking defiantly towards the burning trees with Orcrist in his hand has got to be one of my fave shots so far ... some wargs will get hurt I bet! Laugh

imin
Valinor

Jun 6 2012, 4:11pm

Post #103 of 353 (18873 views)
Shortcut
Completely agree [In reply to] Can't Post

They have been a treat for us fans, how many other movies have this amount of material released as info and vlogs before a movie is even finished! I think they are a brilliant idea and as others have said very well edited, shot and just generally great to get a look at what goes into making a film on the scale of the hobbit.

Wish i was part of it!

MTT Gandalf
Bree

Jun 6 2012, 4:17pm

Post #104 of 353 (18941 views)
Shortcut
Hm. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not sure, it's too fast.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 4:19pm

Post #105 of 353 (18877 views)
Shortcut
Looks like a polar bear [In reply to] Can't Post

I said Beorn would be a polar bear!!

http://newboards.theonering.net/...polar%20bear;#427552

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 4:45pm

Post #106 of 353 (18908 views)
Shortcut
I CAN"T BREATHE!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

OMG!!!!! THat's amazing!!! HE HEARD US when he RCRIED for a tour!!! Kiran as LEGOlAS! *still cackling... scaring co-woikers*

I'm in heaven ... Peter always has such a twinckl;e in his eye whne he does these!!! makes me cry... wups... cry....

gotta go....

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Snaga
Lorien

Jun 6 2012, 5:12pm

Post #107 of 353 (18889 views)
Shortcut
One things for certain, way more attention to censoring background details [In reply to] Can't Post

Somebody has paid attention to the forum posts on ToRN and other sites. There was way more blurring of artwork, models, props and other stuff in this Vlog then we've seen in any of the previous ones.

Snaga
Lorien

Jun 6 2012, 5:21pm

Post #108 of 353 (18795 views)
Shortcut
MrCere, question about Michael Pellerin [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The Vlogs come from the behind the scenes team, led by Michael Pellerin. Everybody knows who he is right? He is very, very good. Maybe the best in the business and the only guy we would want doing Middle-earth or Peter Jackson stuff. Giant Tolkien fan too and a heck of a guy.

Is he the same fellow that you on the ToRN panel at San Diego Comic Con a couple years ago? The one who worked on the material for the appendices in the LOTR movies?

If so I'm glad as he seemed like a really nice guy. I remember at that time it was up in the air as to whether he would be involved in the Hobbit movies.

WrathOfCaradhras
The Shire

Jun 6 2012, 5:43pm

Post #109 of 353 (18743 views)
Shortcut
How I say Smaug [In reply to] Can't Post

I have always said Smaug like "Smog" like the name for the smoke/fog pollution mixture. It just always seemed to make sense to me, since Smaug pollutes the air in a way with his smoke and fire and everything.

duats
Grey Havens

Jun 6 2012, 5:45pm

Post #110 of 353 (18826 views)
Shortcut
At 11:51 [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like it could be a Warg - possibly the chieftain? The build doesn't look much like a pony to me.

Also, a few people think they saw Sylvester McCoy in this blog. Anyone mind pointing out where they think they saw him?

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 6 2012, 5:48pm

Post #111 of 353 (18815 views)
Shortcut
Transcript? [In reply to] Can't Post

I find the many Kiwi participants of the 7th series quite hard to understand.
Is a transcript in the works? :)

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jun 6 2012, 5:51pm

Post #112 of 353 (18790 views)
Shortcut
Silverlode has a transcript posted down below [In reply to] Can't Post

Or I suppose it's above if you're viewing in flat mode: http://newboards.theonering.net/...i?post=453933#453933

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?
Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home and back by Dec. 2013
Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Ermanatar
The Shire

Jun 6 2012, 6:04pm

Post #113 of 353 (18764 views)
Shortcut
Dain's red axe [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm thinking that the red warhammer we see Richard Taylor playing around with is actually a version of Dain's famous red weapon. Perhaps they decided he would look better with a hammer? It IS painted red, after all. Just a thought. Smile

Play Lord of the Rings Online!!! Find me, Ithronatar, on the Silverlode server!!!

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 6:08pm

Post #114 of 353 (18778 views)
Shortcut
More censoring? [In reply to] Can't Post

How do you mean? Everything spoilery in previous vlogs has been blurred. We've had a studio tour, hence more spoilers, hence more blurring.

Arandir
Gondor

Jun 6 2012, 6:08pm

Post #115 of 353 (18722 views)
Shortcut
Joke [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's a Joke on Alan Lee as he seems to be handling the sledge and being fitted with a wig ... at least I couldn't find any clue of Sylvester anywhere in the blog!Crazy

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 6:10pm

Post #116 of 353 (18680 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, it wasn't McCoy ... was Alan Lee. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Arandir
Gondor

Jun 6 2012, 6:11pm

Post #117 of 353 (18816 views)
Shortcut
Legolas [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember that in vlog 2 (i believe), there was a picture of possibly Legolas dressed up in a courtly manner which was shown in the background. After it being discussed on TORN, the next vlog showed the same picture but it was blurred out ...

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2012, 6:13pm

Post #118 of 353 (18691 views)
Shortcut
Really looking forward to these crew cameos :D [In reply to] Can't Post

Alan Lee as a man of Laketown? Probably same with John Howe.

Jackson already seen in a previous vlog. Probably man of Laketown as well, or someone the company pass on their journey. Maybe outside Bree as has been suggested before?

What other cameos do you think we'll get :) ?

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 6 2012, 6:14pm

Post #119 of 353 (18671 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, that's probably [In reply to] Can't Post

the WB PR department. They don't seem to like giving things away in advance of their promotion schedule.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 6:14pm

Post #120 of 353 (18729 views)
Shortcut
I hadn't realised that [In reply to] Can't Post

I just assumed we had more blurring in this vlog because there was more. Not because they want us to see less.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 6:16pm

Post #121 of 353 (18702 views)
Shortcut
PJ should have been a dwarf [In reply to] Can't Post

A background dwarf during Thorin's funeral Laugh

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 6 2012, 6:16pm

Post #122 of 353 (18727 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Muchas gracias!

Arandir
Gondor

Jun 6 2012, 6:17pm

Post #123 of 353 (18706 views)
Shortcut
Oh yeah I agree that there was more stuff that wasn't meant to be seen yet, thus the blurring // [In reply to] Can't Post

Arandir
Gondor

Jun 6 2012, 6:22pm

Post #124 of 353 (18704 views)
Shortcut
Not bad [In reply to] Can't Post

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing Dain wielding such a hammer... actually, it would suit him well

Probably it's only his secondary weapon apart form the red axe Laugh

(This post was edited by Arandir on Jun 6 2012, 6:24pm)

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2012, 6:32pm

Post #125 of 353 (18680 views)
Shortcut
Hooooooooouwwwwwwlllllllll.... // [In reply to] Can't Post

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.