Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
QTNA for today..."You have the gift of foresight"...

weaver
Half-elven

Jun 4 2012, 4:17am

Views: 832
Shortcut
QTNA for today..."You have the gift of foresight"... Can't Post

Hello again, LOTR Movie Board!

I'm stopping in again with another Question That Needs Answering (QTNA) -- this is s reprisal of a series hosted by that wondrous poster of olde, hobbitlove, who was known for wondering about many things!

Today's QTNA consists of several questions, actually, and they all have to do with Elrond and his gift of foresight...

1. In film-verse only, how do you explain Elrond's gift of foresight? Galadriel has a mirror she can look into -- but Elrond doesn't have any kind of prop. Do the films give us enough to go on to explain how and why Elrond can see things that haven't happened yet?

2. Why did they bother to include Elrond's foresight in the films at all? What purpose does it serve?

3. It seems to me that Elrond needs some glasses for that foresight of his -- after all, he told Arwen that Aragorn would not come back, and he did. Was he using his gift of foresight when he said that?

4. Was Arwen's vision of her son also a gift of foresight? Does that mean you can inherit it? And if she did, why doesn't she see anything else, like something about Aragorn's future or her own?

5. Any other musings along these lines? I foresee a good discussion or at least I hope so! Thanks in advance to all who choose to lurk or reply!

**Do you have a 'question that needs answering?" PM me with your questions, and I'll be glad to post them in a future QTNA...which will appear again precisely when it means to or as RL permits!**

Weaver

Subject User Time
QTNA for today..."You have the gift of foresight"... weaver Send a private message to weaver Jun 4 2012, 4:17am
    The gift of foresight DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jun 4 2012, 6:20am
    Not sure if we're supposed to answer these seriously or not, but here goes... Finwe Send a private message to Finwe Jun 4 2012, 2:41pm
    Elrond Holmes: A Game of Shadows Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jun 4 2012, 4:02pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.