Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
SCOD 40: The One Ring in the snow

zarabia
Gondor

May 31 2012, 11:36pm

Views: 772
Shortcut
SCOD 40: The One Ring in the snow Can't Post

At first I was going to say that with this screen cap, we were going from a character close-up in SCOD 39 to a panorama in 40. But in a way, here we also have a character close-up; the Ring is a character in its own right.

Okay, let’s get started!Smile

Look at the overall shot – what do you think of the composition here?

Is the focus (I don't mean in the literal photographic sense) on the Ring effective? What impression does it give?

This scene – Frodo falling and losing the Ring – is not in the book. Why do you think PJ & co. added it? Do you agree with the addition?

Any other thoughts are welcome!

Subject User Time
SCOD 40: The One Ring in the snow zarabia Send a private message to zarabia May 31 2012, 11:36pm
    Thought you'd pick one that was less standard GoodGuyA Send a private message to GoodGuyA May 31 2012, 11:58pm
        Sorry to disappoint :( Thanks for participating anyway:) zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 3 2012, 5:46am
    These are fun! :) Defender of Nogrod Send a private message to Defender of Nogrod Jun 1 2012, 2:32am
        I'm sure such an incident would have benn written ;-) sador Send a private message to sador Jun 1 2012, 6:28am
            What I remember from EE explainantion.. Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jun 1 2012, 7:12am
                What a thrill it must have been zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 3 2012, 6:01am
        It must be nice living in Middle-earth :) zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 3 2012, 5:56am
    Love this shot Nuradar Send a private message to Nuradar Jun 1 2012, 1:14pm
        Exactly! zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 3 2012, 6:17am
    "It's not a strange fate at all that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so big a thing! So humongous a thing!!" Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jun 1 2012, 2:05pm
        Darkstone, awesomeness from you as always :D :D Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jun 2 2012, 11:27am
        Wonderful insight as usual, Darkstone! zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 3 2012, 6:41am
    Only thing I'll add Finwe Send a private message to Finwe Jun 1 2012, 2:11pm
        It does look a bit like him:) // zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 3 2012, 6:46am
    :D love love this pic! Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jun 2 2012, 11:22am
        Yes, alluring... zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 3 2012, 6:54am
    The chain Harold.of.Whoa Send a private message to Harold.of.Whoa Jun 3 2012, 3:32pm
        wow that IS profound :D // Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jun 3 2012, 4:58pm
        Wow! Sorry I didn't see your post earlier zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 7 2012, 1:40am
            and to take it one step further... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 7 2012, 2:11am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.