Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
SCOD 39: The lighter side of Boromir

zarabia
Grey Havens

May 30 2012, 12:19am

Views: 821
Shortcut
SCOD 39: The lighter side of Boromir Can't Post

Welcome to the first of this week’s SC’sOD!

Here we see a different side of Boromir’s personality and character. The following questions overlap quite a bit, so feel free to answer them however works best for you.

How do you feel (did you feel watching the film) witnessing the lighter side of Boromir? Is it jarring after the previous scenes where he is so seemingly intense, brash, and arrogant…? Does this depiction make him seem more well-rounded or does it seem to conflict too much with what we’ve seen so far?

If you read the book first, does this side of Boromir’s personality fit in with the image you had of him? If not, is the difference good or bad?

Are we as viewers meant to believe he is sincere in his friendship with the Hobbits; is he sincere???

Now the requisite scale question: It would be difficult to do this scene with the actors, but the scale doubles look a bit obvious, at least to me. Do you think this scene was handled well (scale wise) or do you think it was distracting?

As always, any other thoughts are welcome!

Subject User Time
SCOD 39: The lighter side of Boromir zarabia Send a private message to zarabia May 30 2012, 12:19am
    First post! :) Defender of Nogrod Send a private message to Defender of Nogrod May 30 2012, 7:37am
        Welcome, Defender of Nogrod! zarabia Send a private message to zarabia May 31 2012, 11:45pm
    Ooh, this is a good one. Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale May 30 2012, 9:48am
        Not going too wide at all zarabia Send a private message to zarabia May 31 2012, 11:55pm
    Well, personally... Oscarilbo Send a private message to Oscarilbo May 30 2012, 2:35pm
        One reason I love SCOD zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 1 2012, 12:01am
    ooh nice :D Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb May 30 2012, 4:10pm
        Don't be mad at me, my friend Xanaseb! ;) zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 1 2012, 12:20am
            LOL I was doing it (partly) tongue in cheek Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Jun 1 2012, 1:36am
                Here is my view... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jun 2 2012, 7:27pm
                    Fellowship as a family...interesting! zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 3 2012, 7:05am
    The Faramirization of Boromir? Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 30 2012, 5:02pm
        All applause for Darkstone Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel May 30 2012, 7:07pm
            No need, but thanks! / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 31 2012, 5:01pm
        His protectiveness is in the book for those who will see it :) zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 1 2012, 12:38am
    Real people aren't well written Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel May 30 2012, 5:21pm
        So true! zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 1 2012, 12:53am
    it shows Boromir's true nature Nuradar Send a private message to Nuradar May 30 2012, 6:54pm
        I'm afraid that's the impression I held throughout the book zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jun 1 2012, 1:05am
    Bonding Harold.of.Whoa Send a private message to Harold.of.Whoa Jun 7 2012, 2:00am
        Ralph Bakshi BeornBerserker Send a private message to BeornBerserker Jun 17 2012, 4:25pm
            O Boromir! Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jun 17 2012, 9:07pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.