The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
Arda Marred

Finwe
Lorien

May 21 2012, 7:35pm

Post #1 of 2 (1941 views)
Shortcut
Arda Marred Can't Post

In case anyone is interested, I just saw this link to a new RPG on Twitter. I'm not affiliated in any way with this, just thought I'd pass it along. I've never even played an RPG, so I'm the last person to ask if you have any questions. Just thought it might interest some folks here.

http://bit.ly/Lm9Sta

As three great Jewels they were in form. But not until the End, when Fëanor shall return who perished ere the Sun was made, and sits now in the Halls of Awaiting and comes no more among his kin; not until the Sun passes and the Moon falls, shall it be known of what substance they were made. Like the crystal of diamonds it appeared, and yet was more strong than adamant, so that no violence could mar it or break it within the Kingdom of Arda.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 21 2012, 8:31pm

Post #2 of 2 (1888 views)
Shortcut
Interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll stick with The One Ring for now as the game continues to develop and expand. but Arda Marred might be worth a second look. It does seem to be more fully realized, whereas Cubicle 7's system is much more limited in scope if one is only looking at the Core Books (one can't even play a Ranger at this time or cast much more than some minor healing and charms).

"Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house." - Aragorn

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on May 21 2012, 8:36pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.