Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Framecaplib is up and running

Reera the Red
Rivendell

May 13 2012, 10:08pm

Post #1 of 18 (675 views)
Shortcut
Framecaplib is up and running Can't Post

My server is up again (finally), so framecaplib.com is once again accessible and running normally.

I am making arrangements to move to a new server at another company, since it appears I can no longer rely on my current one for acceptable customer service. As long as my current server doesn't die again before I get things set up on the new one, this transition should be transparent to users, with no downtime.

Magpie
Immortal

May 14 2012, 12:31am

Post #2 of 18 (229 views)
Shortcut
woo hoo, Reera. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad it's getting resolved.

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 14 2012, 1:20am

Post #3 of 18 (226 views)
Shortcut
I've got to tell you... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have been in awe of your site ever since you opened it. I run to it all the time. You've put so much work and love into it... and it truly shows.

Thanks so much, Reera :)

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

squire
Valinor

May 14 2012, 2:10am

Post #4 of 18 (214 views)
Shortcut
Ditto [In reply to] Can't Post

I keep forgetting that framecaplib isn't a publicly operated resource! Thanks for all the time and money you've put into it, and I'm so glad you're planning to maintain it going forward.

squire online:
RR Discussions: The Valaquenta, A Shortcut to Mushrooms, and Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit
Lights! Action! Discuss on the Movie board!: 'A Journey in the Dark'. and 'Designing The Two Towers'.
Footeramas: The 3rd (and NOW the 4th too!) TORn Reading Room LotR Discussion; and "Tolkien would have LOVED it!"
squiretalk introduces the J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: A Reader's Diary

= Forum has no new posts. Forum needs no new posts.

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

May 14 2012, 2:39am

Post #5 of 18 (218 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, Reera. [In reply to] Can't Post

Yesterday, in the session on "Tolkien and Women" at the Kalamazoo conference, someone wondered what Lobelia looked like in the films. I tried to pull up your site on my laptop to show everyone a picture, but alas! it was not responding. I'm glad to know it's back up. Thanks for all your hard work!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Discuss Tolkien's life and works in the Reading Room!
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 14 2012, 3:52am

Post #6 of 18 (224 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad to hear it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your site is a wonderful resource for all of us. Thanks so much for all you do to keep it going!

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

sador
Half-elven

May 14 2012, 6:21am

Post #7 of 18 (194 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, [In reply to] Can't Post

for this huge labour you've undertaken, and thank you for mantaining it.
And extra thanks for keeping us updated!

DanielLB
Immortal

May 14 2012, 7:12am

Post #8 of 18 (223 views)
Shortcut
Good to hear! [In reply to] Can't Post

You wouldn't believe the amount of time I use it to check scenes etc Wink

Join the Hobbit Character Elimination Game in the Arena!

SirDennisC
Half-elven

May 14 2012, 1:38pm

Post #9 of 18 (235 views)
Shortcut
And the Unsung Hero Award goes to... [In reply to] Can't Post

Reera the Red!!! Woot, yeah! Woo-hoo (speech, speech)

Many thanks to you for sharing your labour of love, and for your peerless diligence.

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on May 14 2012, 1:38pm)

zarabia
Grey Havens

May 15 2012, 6:13am

Post #10 of 18 (162 views)
Shortcut
Thank you!!! You and your site are awesome! // [In reply to] Can't Post

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 16 2012, 2:16am

Post #11 of 18 (201 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, Reera [In reply to] Can't Post

for your development and maintenance of this absolutely amazing "labor of love"!

(And give all your kitties chin-scritchies from me! Smile)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Nuradar
Rohan

May 16 2012, 11:37am

Post #12 of 18 (131 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Reera! SCOD will be back tonight!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks Reera, I absolutely love your site and appreciate all the hard work and dedication it must take to build it and maintain it. I think I speak for all of us here at TORn.

This week's first SCOD will be posted tonight - check back!

Nuradar

Loresilme
Valinor

May 17 2012, 4:08pm

Post #13 of 18 (156 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Reera [In reply to] Can't Post

I wanted to add my thanks to you for your site. I've gone there so many times, and scrolling through the images is so wonderful and peaceful and enjoyable, even educational - it's like going to my favorite museum and looking at artwork. Many, many thanks to you for the effort (and love :-)) that you've put into it on behalf of all LOTR fans.

Loresilme

Darkstone
Immortal

May 17 2012, 4:16pm

Post #14 of 18 (144 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Come hang around sometime.

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.

telain
Rohan

May 17 2012, 9:32pm

Post #15 of 18 (122 views)
Shortcut
Many thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

...for all your hard work -- it certainly appreciated!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

May 19 2012, 4:17pm

Post #16 of 18 (124 views)
Shortcut
I can't add to what others have said [In reply to] Can't Post

So I'll just add another "thank you for this wonderful resource", which I, too, refer to frequently.

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

May 19 2012, 5:07pm

Post #17 of 18 (160 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad to hear this!/ [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

......"Since the first time I met you,
..I couldn't seem to forget you.
.......And lately I seem to find,
..That you're always on my mind.
.......Whenever I see you smile,
..It makes my life so very worthwhile.
......And ever since the very start,
.....You have always been there in my heart.
..Then I heard that you felt the same way,
......And those words were so easy to say."

hobbitlove
Gondor

May 25 2012, 12:58am

Post #18 of 18 (144 views)
Shortcut
Words are not enough! [In reply to] Can't Post

We can never thank you enough for your absolutely PERFECT site!
We take it for granted. OMG! We should not. What a fortunate ( and spoiled ) fandom we are - your site is so much work and so well done and so important to all of us here!
I had to post and express my gratitude.
We LotR fans have used and used your site for years. What would we do with out it? I can't contemplate that...
Your site is just so great, so important, so useful. It helps us appreciate these brilliant films and understand the story, and so, so much more!
A thousand thanks are not enough.
Bless you,
Hob/denise

hob

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.