Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Official Introduction & Welcome Thread
First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27 Next page Last page  View All

Rána Baggins
The Shire

Oct 5 2011, 8:36pm

Post #276 of 666 (148103 views)
Shortcut
"Underhill . . . my name's Underhill" [In reply to] Can't Post

Just kidding! My names not Underhill, but like Frodo, I need to introduce myself, I suppose!

I'm Rana Baggins, I'm 13 (though people say I look and act older . . . the oldest I've been thought to be is 19 Unimpressed scary.)
After I saw LotR (when I was 11 or 12), I decided that I would become an actress. I still plan on doing that. So, I want to say thank you to all those who helped, acted or who had anything to do with the making of LotR and the Hobbit.
Does anyone know if the actors or anyone from the films have joined and are active on the forum here? I just want to get more info. Smile
I love drawing, reading, writing, travelling, being random and having fun!
Sorry if this post is long... I can be long winded...Tongue
See you around!

http://happyinmyhobbithole.weebly.com/uploads/6/8/5/9/6859773/9451637.jpg?650

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility is being superior to your former self."
-Elijah Wood

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Oct 6 2011, 3:56am

Post #277 of 666 (148743 views)
Shortcut
Welcome, Rana! [In reply to] Can't Post

We've had other TORnfolk join us at your age. It's fun to watch someone like you progressing through life. (Not that older people stop growing ...)

AFAIK, no one currently working on the film posts to the message boards. When Guillermo del Toro was directing, he did post, under his own name.
The website home page, however, often links to an interview or other encounter with cast or crew, and occasionally a ranger spy report.

Check out TORn 201 for suggestions on getting the most from the message boards. If possible, please stop by on Friday about noon Eastern (New York) time and join us on Friday Fiesta on Off Topic.

Welcome again on behalf of the whole group,

ElanorTX

"I shall not wholly fail if anything can still grow fair in days to come."

Rána Baggins
The Shire

Oct 6 2011, 10:58pm

Post #278 of 666 (147566 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ha ha ha! You mean it's fun watching me mess up? Tongue Just kidding!!! Though I do mess up quite a bit! Crazy I'm a klutz (seriously, I was at my Church's fall festival one year and I was running to catch up with my friend to go on a ride, and I tripped on the pavement; I could feel my feet flying in the air and I felt my face was very close to the ground and I scraped my knees, elbows and palms, and two ladies were standing there trying not to laugh. I must have looked incredibly ridiculous! I get up, laughing embarrassed and keep running and sit next to my friend, she looks me over, especially my elbows and asks, "What happened?")
And I mess up in math all the time (I'm home schooled, so Mom thinks I'm good enough to have the hardest math curriculum she could find Crazy)

Okay! Thank you, ElanorTX! What's a ranger spy report?

I may be able to during school breaks, but I'm not allowed on the computer during school time, so I'll do it when I can!

Thank you so much!

http://happyinmyhobbithole.weebly.com/uploads/6/8/5/9/6859773/9451637.jpg?650

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility is being superior to your former self."
-Elijah Wood

dillene

Oct 23 2011, 12:09am

Post #279 of 666 (146603 views)
Shortcut
Hello again! [In reply to] Can't Post

I used to post here all the time- a million years ago when the LOTR movies were out. I'm so happy this site is still here! Looks like I'll need to brush up on "The Hobbit" before next year. Laugh

Poetheather

Oct 24 2011, 9:46pm

Post #280 of 666 (150434 views)
Shortcut
Hi there [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi there.

My name is Heather and I have been a fan of Tolkien for about 32 years, ever since I read LOTR in the fifth grade. I read everything and I even did some scholarly work on things.

I am married and my wife Cindy does love the films but the book causes her issues. However, every year we do hold Hobbitpalooza, where the three extended editions are watched and she cooks all seven hobbit meals throughout the day. It is so awesome. This year was the fourth time we have done that.

Uhm... I am a writer and I am trying to get an Agent to help me get stuff published. That whole process is really frustrating, but so it goes. I am currently writing a YA novel which should be fun.

That about covers what I can think of at the moment to say. Just that I am happy to be on the boards and I cannot wait for the first of the Hobbit films to come out.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 24 2011, 10:17pm

Post #281 of 666 (144852 views)
Shortcut
Hi, Heather. Welcome to TORn! [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you'll find this community to your liking; hope you enjoy it here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Miruvorheron

Nov 23 2011, 4:10pm

Post #282 of 666 (150246 views)
Shortcut
Hello to all of you [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi, I'm a longtime lurker and now i finally decided to register here.
I'm a great fan of all things related to Tolkien and happy to be now a part of this community.

Stealdiesel
The Shire

Dec 23 2011, 2:56pm

Post #283 of 666 (150809 views)
Shortcut
Hello LOTR People [In reply to] Can't Post

Disappointed in myself for not making an acc on here sooner, But after the Hobbit Trailer I made it. My name is Kyle I live in SC sadly. haha. From orlando, FL
I read the LOTR trilogy 6 months before the "Fellowship of the Ring" came out in theaters. Loved them, Loved the movies. Listen to hardcore,Death metal. I am religious about Star wars and Harry Potter (LOTR as well obviously haha) and I can quote any line in "Indiana Jones"

Cheers!

Tar-Atanamir
The Shire

Feb 21 2012, 2:59pm

Post #284 of 666 (145659 views)
Shortcut
I Live! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, friends - I started coming to TORn in 1999, addicted to the Spy Reports and the Green Books for five years. I had a couple of brief email exchanges with Quickbeam, but almost never visited the boards. I sent begging letters to the heads of New Line, UA, and MGM to 'Let The Hobbit Happen,' but then drifted away as other matters demanded my attention.

I read LOTR in 1971, then immediately read The Hobbit, then started with The Hobbit again and then LOTR. I got The Silmarillion as soon as it became available, and in the years since, have read Tom Shippey's books, UT and CoH. And despite the fact that I said (loudly) for 20 years to anyone who would listen that LOTR could not be made into a feature film (who could write the screenplay?) -- I am a big fan of the PJ films (as is my daughter, now 18, who claims The Silmarillion is her favorite book).

I have recently been reading Sigurd & Gudrun and re-reading The Road to Middle-earth and so I started lurking in the Reading Room around the first of the year. Thank you all for being here and keeping TORn 'tearing!'

Does Eärendil yet live?

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Mar 5 2012, 7:35pm

Post #285 of 666 (144281 views)
Shortcut
Hi There! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been a big fan of the LotR series since 1977 when I first read it. I also enjoyed the movies when those came out.

Non-LotR facts about me - I live in the US, have a degree in math, and am a proud mother of 2. (They've not read the books yet, but I'm working on them...perhaps they need to finish elementary school first. Wink )

I've never joined an LotR fan board before, but this one seems like a fun and active one so I thought I'd give it a go.

Frodo Baggins
Bree

Mar 18 2012, 10:13am

Post #286 of 666 (143487 views)
Shortcut
massive fan of lotr [In reply to] Can't Post

mainly the films not the book. cant wait for hobbit and all of the merchandise. live in Kent,england.

TolkienOtaku
Rivendell

Mar 25 2012, 3:21am

Post #287 of 666 (146656 views)
Shortcut
The Return of TolkienOtaku! [In reply to] Can't Post

How long has it been since I've been here? Far too long. In any case, I'm back! Smile

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 25 2012, 5:10pm

Post #288 of 666 (141929 views)
Shortcut
Otaku-sempai welcomes you! [In reply to] Can't Post

From one otaku to another! Cool

"Darkness beyond blackest pitch, deeper than the deepest night!
King of Darkness, who shines like gold upon the Sea of Chaos.
I call upon thee and swear myself to thee!
Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed by the power you and I possess!"

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 25 2012, 5:25pm

Post #289 of 666 (147307 views)
Shortcut
There really does seem to be a connection between Tolkien and Animé [In reply to] Can't Post

Lots of people are big fans of both... I googled LotR Animé and found this http://fanfiction.wikia.com/...s:_The_Animated_Saga Any idea what it is?

"...For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth"

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Mar 25 2012, 5:28pm

Post #290 of 666 (142767 views)
Shortcut
Never heard of that, Q.T. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'm just a simple, American otaku who isn't heavily into fan-fiction. The only time I've been in Japan was when I served there in the Air Force. I'm back to being a civilian these days.

"Darkness beyond blackest pitch, deeper than the deepest night!
King of Darkness, who shines like gold upon the Sea of Chaos.
I call upon thee and swear myself to thee!
Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed by the power you and I possess!"

estelien
Bree

Mar 26 2012, 8:45pm

Post #291 of 666 (144318 views)
Shortcut
what to say..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I won't just give out all my information to the whole extended universe, but as far as introductions go, I'm kindof a newbie to these boards (well, to the whole idea of boards really). The only thing that makes me brave enough to give my opinion on any of this is the vast number of strange looks I get from my friends on a daily basis when I happen to foolishly think they would be interested in hearing about elves, balrogs, and ringsofdoom for the 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000(I don't even know how to pronounce that) time. (Especially when spoken in elvish.)

So anyway, Estelien is kindof my alter ego. She started out as my elvish name, but [accidentally ;-)] transformed into her own person. (Her life is quite the drama, by the way.)
I can feel the wierd looks burning through cyberspace now.

So, I think I'll quit before I start to sound too sick.

Namarie, and I LOVE YOU ARAGORN!

(dangit, I think I just sounded sick again)

~ Estelien

Arandir
Gondor

Apr 26 2012, 6:09pm

Post #292 of 666 (139987 views)
Shortcut
Hey! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey everyone!

Been a TORN follower and supporter for 10 years now and just decided to join in the fun ... especially with the upcoming Hobbit films! :D

Cheers!

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 26 2012, 7:53pm

Post #293 of 666 (144646 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORN! [In reply to] Can't Post

You're very much like me - I followed TORN for years and years and then decided to join only last year. The majority of us are friendly folk Wink so you'll enjoy your time here!

Noel Q. von Schneiffel
Rivendell

May 10 2012, 5:49pm

Post #294 of 666 (141888 views)
Shortcut
Hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello everyone!

My name is Noel. I have been a Tolkien Prophet for a long time. I live in a desert cave and preach the words of Tolkien to a modest number of followers. At least I think I do. Everything in my head is a bit hazy these days. Crazy But it is not a problem! The holy words and the limitless wisdom of J.R.R. Tolkien provide all the guidance I need.

I have been active in some Tolkien communities for a while, including the aaancient newsgroups of alt.fan.tolkien and rec.arts.books.tolkien; but those are kind of dead now, as is most of Usenet, unfortunately. So I did know about TORn, which was always there in the background, but I never really got around to taking a closer look.

Thank you very much for letting me into this forum! I promise I will not be too annoying. Usually, when someone says something heretic, I hit them with a spiked club; but for you I agree to only use my softest club. It is a zucchini padded with felt and styrofoam. It does not hurt, though it does tend to gather static electricity and ruin expensive hairdos.

As the old Romans used to say (who were very wise men) : In Tolkien veritas!

The Glorious Truth of J.R.R. Tolkien
Radiates from his Holy Writings

http://www.tolkientruth.info/

DanielLB
Immortal

May 10 2012, 6:05pm

Post #295 of 666 (138827 views)
Shortcut
Welcome welcome welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Welcome to TORN! We all see ourselves as Tolkien Prophets, so you will fit right in!

And don't worry about being too annoying. Remember - there is always someone *more* annoying Wink

Join the Hobbit Character Elimination Game in the Arena!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

May 10 2012, 6:19pm

Post #296 of 666 (146924 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

May 10 2012, 6:27pm

Post #297 of 666 (145479 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

So you've read the novelizations?

Didn't quite get the movies, did they?

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Noel Q. von Schneiffel
Rivendell

May 10 2012, 6:47pm

Post #298 of 666 (144527 views)
Shortcut
The movies [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
So you've read the novelizations?

Didn't quite get the movies, did they?

Well... Unsure

I know, of course, that TORn in general is very pro-movie. I will therefore gladly accept your false and heretic adoration of the blasphemer Peter Jackson and his horrible adaptations which are not true to the book. Live and let live, I say! It's your own soul that will end up in Hell and be subjected to endless readings of David Eddings novels.

I have written a little essay about Peter Jackson's movies; in case you're interested, it's on my website: http://tolkientruth.info/...ex.php/peter-jackson .

Please note that I am not fundamentally against a movie based on Lord of the Rings! It would have to consist of someone reading the entire book on the screen. It would take 52 hours, but it would be worth it. For visual pleasure, still pictures of Tolkien might be shown during that time.

The Glorious Truth of J.R.R. Tolkien
Radiates from his Holy Writings

http://www.tolkientruth.info/

Count Balrog
The Shire

May 12 2012, 10:43pm

Post #299 of 666 (141847 views)
Shortcut
Greetings, mortals [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, this is Count Balrog. My actual name is ... well, my title in Classical Balrog is @%#^$@%#&@%#%@&#%#@#@. My name is not the concern of mortals. Like Noel, I was in AFT/RABT before it kicked the bucket. If any of you were there, you might remember me as Count Menelvagor. Or, if in the Yahoo group LOTR87, as Count Nikolai Vagorovich. I'm (obviously) a Balrog, a race first traduced by Tolkien, and then insulted by fandom's obsession with "wings."

There's a website (http://fredonia.teunc.org/rogsylvania/useful.php). The formatting's rather poor; fixing it is somewhere on my to-do list, somewhere after working on a weird Tolkien-worshipping academy some friends and I came up with (Noel was also involved). There's a website for that, too.

I tend to do parodies, but I'm also periodically interested in real Tolkien scholarship. I have a friend who occasionally sends articles from Tolkien Studies. Also interested in languages, history, opera, and librarianship.

I have a tendency not to use capital letters, to save on typing, RSI, etc.; so no flames, please! (You'd be surprised how often one gets flak for this.)

Oh, and I was once in one of the TORN chatrooms (#teunc), so some people might know me from there as The_Count.

Balrogs rule (literally)

Altaira
Superuser

May 24 2012, 4:06am

Post #300 of 666 (141066 views)
Shortcut
Welcome, Count! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you enjoy it here. I'm looking forward to your parodies! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

First page Previous page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.