Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
My Lady Arwen

echoladyuk
The Shire

Oct 3 2007, 4:21pm

Post #1 of 6 (512 views)
Shortcut
My Lady Arwen Can't Post

I really enjoyed drawing this, I have never tried this kind of drawing before, well pleased with it although it took a long time.
Think I will have to do some more

(This post was edited by echoladyuk on Oct 3 2007, 4:22pm)

Eleanor
The Shire

Oct 4 2007, 9:39am

Post #2 of 6 (217 views)
Shortcut
pretty~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

like wind of spring,bring freshness and loveliness~
the pink back agrees the light-green dress very much
the colours make me feel comfortableBlush

Middle Earth,my Never Land for ever

echoladyuk
The Shire

Oct 4 2007, 10:11am

Post #3 of 6 (211 views)
Shortcut
Reply to: pretty~~~ [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you for your kind comments, I too love the colours I once had my dining room decorated in similar colurs, it was very relaxing.

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Oct 6 2007, 11:02pm

Post #4 of 6 (209 views)
Shortcut
Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

This is one of those pictures that I look at and time stops for a second and I think wow. To me the symmetry or coloring or what ever the art critics use to gauge how great a piece of art is does not matter to me. I use the wow gauge based on how the composition startles my brain and I am sure it differs for every one. I have been meaning to get back to you on the scanning topic but with my computer going on the blitz for a few days and my helping to get the maps ordered I never got around to it and based on this post, the Gollum, and some others of yours I think I have nothing better to offer except Wow Wee, the scanner is doing a great job. Have you ever heard the actor Christopher Walkin exclaim Wow Wee on Saturday Night Live. I laugh just looking at that mans face, he is one of my favorite actors. Thanks for sharing this and you are right about the time factor, when ever I don't take my time I am always not 100% happy with what I do. I need a couple more life ages to do every thing I need to in life!!!!

A myth is far truer than a history, for a history only gives a story of the shadows, whereas a myth gives a story of the substances that cast the shadows.~Annie Besant
Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole, and once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

echoladyuk
The Shire

Oct 7 2007, 8:45am

Post #5 of 6 (199 views)
Shortcut
Reply to: Wow [In reply to] Can't Post

I would just like to clear up something, so no one gets upset with me. All my line/ pencil drawing are scanned in, my other art is digitally produced, using a variety of programs. This one was made using a figure I designed in Poser, (for perspective references, placement of eyes etc), then using a program called Manga Studio I sketched the figure, and did the air brushing. I looked at lots of images on the net for the details of the headdress, and colour reference. The image was finished off using Paint Shop Pro.
Hope that is ok, I will try to be more specific in future when I load up the images, so as not to cause any confusion as to which are drawn by hand and which digitally.

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Oct 7 2007, 9:25am

Post #6 of 6 (288 views)
Shortcut
I only have photo shop 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it is ,so I had no Idea you could do all of that digitally. I need a whole life age just to learn all of the things I want to do!!! I still think she is really unique looking. I saw a painting today on Antique Road Show that was worth 1000's of dollars and I told my husband I could not believe some one would pay all that money for a picture I thought was not pleasing to look at. I would rather look at your Arwen any day. I have often wondered how the computer art is done and I have seen a lot of it on Cafe Press but I like yours the best.

A myth is far truer than a history, for a history only gives a story of the shadows, whereas a myth gives a story of the substances that cast the shadows.~Annie Besant
Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion. It seizes a person whole, and once it has done so, he will have to accept that his life will be radically changed. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.