Instructions for ordering Map Prints - deadline October 12
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 3 2007, 4:16am

Post #1 of 195 (12015 views)
Shortcut
Instructions for ordering Map Prints - deadline October 12 Can't Post

Daniel Reeve has updated his web page to allow TORNadoes and TORNsibs the exclusive opportunity to order a high quality reproduction of the incredible Map that was presented to Altaira and BG on September 22.

From Daniel's web site:

"These reproductions are printed on heavy, high-quality, fine art paper, and will be individually numbered and signed by the artist, Daniel Reeve. This is a once-only Limited Edition, exclusive to TORnsibs - no more maps will be produced after the initial run. Each print will be numbered according to the final total of orders: eg. "1 of 90". The map measures 72cm x 51.5cm (28.5" x 20.25"), the same size as the original."

The prints will be limited to 100, and priority goes to those who contributed to the Map. We will be monitoring the orders to make sure that contributors and regular message board members have the first opportunity to order the prints, then the TORN community at large. If we don't recognize you from the ordering information, we may ask you to identify yourself with your board nick. Please don't be offended, but we want to make sure the contributors and message board community are able to place their orders.

PLEASE NOTE: The order deadline is October 12, and after that time NO more prints will be available. This is truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Map prints will be shipped directly to you, so be sure to include your shipping address. Cost for the print is US$100 and shipping to the US and countries other than New Zealand is US$12. Payment is by cheque or through PayPal, which accepts bank transfers or credit cards. More ordering details can be found on the order page.

The link for ordering Prints is

http://www.danielreeve.co.nz/TORnMap/

Many of you are interested in purchasing a poster version of the Map. Daniel is pricing the cost of a poster and we will post instructions and pricing as soon as it's available.

Any questions, please contact me (Entmaiden) or Eledhwen. You can also send Daniel an e-mail at mail@danielreeve.co.nz. Feel free to send Daniel an e-mail and tell him he's the best. Ever.Smile

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.
`Are these magic cloaks?' asked Pippin, looking at them with wonder.
`I do not know what you mean by that,' answered the leader of the Elves.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

elentari3018
Rohan

Oct 3 2007, 5:29am

Post #2 of 195 (9770 views)
Shortcut
oh wow it's beautiful! [In reply to] Can't Post

Must save up...and think about it ...(so broke! :*( )
[EDIT]
the more i look at it, the more i'm tempted-- it truly is gorgeous-- and it's so great that it's for TORN! Indeed, it's one of the best LotR web sites ever! precioussss, we neeeds it! ;)

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

(This post was edited by elentari3018 on Oct 3 2007, 5:31am)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 3 2007, 7:02am

Post #3 of 195 (9751 views)
Shortcut
Woohoo!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just made my order! I'm so excited!

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you." -On Fairy Stories

a.s.
Valinor

Oct 3 2007, 10:16am

Post #4 of 195 (9744 views)
Shortcut
say...I just noticed the alphabetical order [In reply to] Can't Post

that our nicks are listed on the sides of the map. I knew there was a reason I shortened my nick with the new boards..."other powers at work" and all that.

lol

What a great opportunity. Thanks for the heads up. I can't wait to see this framed above my couch.

a.s.

"an seileachan"

"Nothing that is worth doing can be achieved in our lifetime; therefore we must be saved by hope. Nothing which is true or beautiful or good makes complete sense in any immediate context of history; therefore we must be saved by faith. Nothing we do, however virtuous, can be accomplished alone; therefore we must be saved by love."
~~~Reinhold Niebuhr

Patty
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 10:42am

Post #5 of 195 (9715 views)
Shortcut
Thanks so much... [In reply to] Can't Post

for making it available by check. I'm one who has an aversion to Paypal.

*looks about for best place to display this beautiful piece of art...*

For Gondor!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 12:18pm

Post #6 of 195 (9756 views)
Shortcut
I tried ordering from his site and eledhwen's information appeared. [In reply to] Can't Post

Her total was there, and her name. So I'll send you a check instead. Thank you *sooo* much for all the hard work you have done and are continuing to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." --Terry Pratchett

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Oct 3 2007, 12:23pm)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 2:54pm

Post #7 of 195 (9739 views)
Shortcut
And that means I have the honor and privilege [In reply to] Can't Post

of appearing diagonally adjacent to you :-)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape." --Terry Pratchett

Annael
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 3:38pm

Post #8 of 195 (9749 views)
Shortcut
ooh! ooh! ooh! (jumps up and down) [In reply to] Can't Post

I've placed my order! Like all of us privileged to see the actual map in person, I cannot wait to have my own copy! It will have pride of place in my library/office at home where I can look up from the computer and rest my eyes on it any time I want.

Outside a dog, a book is your best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
- Groucho Marx

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 5:05pm

Post #9 of 195 (9745 views)
Shortcut
DONE!!! OH GLORY AND SPLENDOUR! DONE AND DONE!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

THIS is awesoem!!! I've put in my order... been sitting on eht fundage for MONTHS!!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I've had a rectangle drawn on my wall RIGHT WHERE THIS IS GOING TO GO!!! WAHOO!!!

*skips around desk*

No moare blank space... no more blank space..... on the wall, at least ;)

THANK Y(OU!!!!!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 5:32pm

Post #10 of 195 (9743 views)
Shortcut
BTW, a question about the check [In reply to] Can't Post

Should it be made out to Daniel or some other way? I asked entmaiden this in an e-mail, but I thought other people might have the same question, and if the answer is to Daniel, it might be easier for her to post the answer here instead of replying to several e-mails.

Patty
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 5:48pm

Post #11 of 195 (9692 views)
Shortcut
I'm so glad you asked that question... [In reply to] Can't Post

I misunderstood her answer in my e-mail and thought I was to make it out to her (and then she would send the total to Daniel.) Many thanks.

For Gondor!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 6:19pm

Post #12 of 195 (9737 views)
Shortcut
Just to be clear, I don't know the answer yet. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm going to leave that line blank in the check if I don't hear back by tonight.

Patty
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 6:22pm

Post #13 of 195 (9707 views)
Shortcut
oh, I see Dora... [In reply to] Can't Post

my mind blanked out the "if" in your post and I thought you were saying the answer is Daniel.

Between my mind blanking out here and doing so poorly at the piano today I need to go back to bed and wake up again.

For Gondor!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 8:04pm

Post #14 of 195 (9682 views)
Shortcut
I'm feeling pretty twitterpated myself. [In reply to] Can't Post

This is so exciting!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 3 2007, 9:23pm

Post #15 of 195 (9735 views)
Shortcut
All we have to decide... [In reply to] Can't Post

...is what to do with the Map that is given to us! Well, bought, rather than given, although it really is a gift - a marvelous, unique, from-the-heart gift! Heart

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Only I hear the stones lament them: deep they delved us, fair they wrought us, high they builded us; but they are gone. They are gone. They sought the Havens long ago."
(Avatar pic: The Calanais stones, Isle of Lewis)

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Kethry
Lorien

Oct 3 2007, 9:31pm

Post #16 of 195 (9709 views)
Shortcut
I just ordered mine! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would regret not getting this. And there are enough things (both large and small) that I regret, this is not going to be one of them. It's such a beautiful work of art. It's going to look wonderful hanging on my wall.

I didn't see anything about it, but is there an idea of when it'll ship and how long it might take? I'll wait happily for as long as needed, but I was just curious.

A bright fire was on the hearth, but the sun was warm, and the wind was in the South. Everything looked fresh, and the new green of Spring was shimmering in the fields and on the tips of the trees' fingers.
~ The Shadow of the Past, Book 1

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Oct 3 2007, 9:33pm

Post #17 of 195 (9694 views)
Shortcut
I'm so glad I glanced in here this afternoon! [In reply to] Can't Post

As soon as I get an address, the check will be in the mail.

Now where shall I hang it.... *looks consideringly around house*

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!"

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 3 2007, 9:49pm

Post #18 of 195 (9697 views)
Shortcut
Sorry! I've been in meetings all day [In reply to] Can't Post

and I'm sitting at the airport waiting for my plane to arrive so I can fly home.

Make the checks out to me, then I'll cash them and order for you through PayPal. I think this is the easiest solution because of the currency conversion. I'll order the prints for you and send Daniel instructions about shipping.

Now, I am waiting until I receive the checks before I place the order, but I won't wait until they clear. And if we are getting close to the deadline I'll make sure everyone gets their map.

Both Daniel, eledhwen and I can see the orders coming through so he can double-check my instructions about ordering and shipping.

Each cloak was fastened about the neck with a brooch like a green leaf veined with silver.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 3 2007, 9:52pm

Post #19 of 195 (9681 views)
Shortcut
Might be a couple weeks [In reply to] Can't Post

but that's mostly because Daniel isn't shipping any until after October 12. He has to number the prints ("1 of xxx") and he won't know the total until the ordering closes. That's a Friday (Thursday for the Northern Hemisphere) so he'll probably ship soon after that. He's shipping each individually so arrival times will vary.

So exciting!

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 3 2007, 10:00pm

Post #20 of 195 (9678 views)
Shortcut
Eled's our go-to person for questions [In reply to] Can't Post

so her nick is appearing. I wanted the person to be in the same time zone as Daniel, and Eled graciously agreed to help. Don't worry about seeing her nick - the payments are going to Daniel.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 10:01pm

Post #21 of 195 (9683 views)
Shortcut
He's shipping? [In reply to] Can't Post

My goodness. That man has just been phenomenal! *bows deeply* Mr. Reeve... gentleman of the highest quality.

wow....

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Oct 3 2007, 10:06pm

Post #22 of 195 (9673 views)
Shortcut
Done done and done! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just ordered mine - hurrah! Can't wait to see it 'close up and personal'! Wink

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 3 2007, 10:06pm

Post #23 of 195 (9665 views)
Shortcut
I know! [In reply to] Can't Post

He's been so great about all of this.

NARF since 1974.
Balin Bows

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Oct 3 2007, 10:18pm

Post #24 of 195 (9734 views)
Shortcut
OK, thanks! I went ahead and ordered using Paypal! [In reply to] Can't Post

*geeky happy dance!* Thanks for being willing to take checks, Entmaiden. You are a wonder! But since this worked (I *hope*!) I decided it would be easier this way, for both of us.

Since I had a birthday just a few days ago, this is going to be my Birthday Present!

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Oct 3 2007, 10:26pm)

Celandine Brandybuck
The Shire

Oct 3 2007, 11:49pm

Post #25 of 195 (9666 views)
Shortcut
Hurrah! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just ordered mine... not exactly in the budget this month, but how could I not?

cheers to all,
Celandine

Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!
[Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.]

"Happiness isn't happiness without a violin-playing goat."

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.