Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Warner Bros. to preview The Hobbit at CinemaCon
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

duats
SnevaH Yerg

Apr 23 2012, 12:29am

Post #1 of 256 (6730 views)
Shortcut
Warner Bros. to preview The Hobbit at CinemaCon Can't Post

Up to ten minutes will be shown this Tuesday, both in 3D and 48 fps.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/...iew-cinemacon-314880

(This post was edited by duats on Apr 23 2012, 12:39am)

Jim
Llednevir

Apr 23 2012, 12:38am

Post #2 of 256 (3732 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

We wants to see it precious, yessss we wants to see it....

Carne
Aessere Lot

Apr 23 2012, 12:46am

Post #3 of 256 (3800 views)
Shortcut
Judging by previous CinemaCon's [In reply to] Can't Post

The people attending have to sign NDA's, so none of the footage description will be released.

Makes me so jealous Frown

(This post was edited by Carne on Apr 23 2012, 12:47am)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 23 2012, 12:49am

Post #4 of 256 (3734 views)
Shortcut
But hopefully we'll at least get some [In reply to] Can't Post

comments about how amazing the things they can't talk about were. Wink

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Xanaseb
Aessere Lot

Apr 23 2012, 1:15am

Post #5 of 256 (3669 views)
Shortcut
If only I could zap myself into that room..... *sigh* ah the fantasies eh?.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Unsure

but luuuuuucky people who manage to see it SmileCool

The Lord of the Hams:

There is only one lord of the ham...and he does not share ham

If this is indeed the ham of the council, Hamdor will fry it done.

This is no rabble of mindless porks, these are Hamak-Hai: their steak is thick, and their bacon broad

(courtesy of moreham and HamTheEast)

Carne
Aessere Lot

Apr 23 2012, 2:26am

Post #6 of 256 (3744 views)
Shortcut
Appears I was wrong [In reply to] Can't Post

There have indeed been footage descriptions released before, so I think we can expect some sort of description Smile

(This post was edited by Carne on Apr 23 2012, 2:27am)

painjoiker
SnevaH Yerg

Apr 23 2012, 2:32am

Post #7 of 256 (3656 views)
Shortcut
Oh hallelujah! [In reply to] Can't Post

Praise the lord!!!
Now I am actually jumping of joy!

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

Captain Salt
Aessere Lot

Apr 23 2012, 3:10am

Post #8 of 256 (3588 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wonder what we'll get...some of the unexpected party, perhaps? Or something...juicier? Shocked

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, with axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 23 2012, 3:31am

Post #9 of 256 (3699 views)
Shortcut
Reminds me of Cannes 2001 [In reply to] Can't Post

when 20 minutes of mostly FOTR (with some TTT and ROTK thrown in) was screened. Those reviewers who saw it went *bonkers*, and the interminable wait for FOTR became even harder to bear!

I wonder what we'll hear after this screening?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Captain Salt
Aessere Lot

Apr 23 2012, 3:50am

Post #10 of 256 (3600 views)
Shortcut
Remember that [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't remember that it was at Cannes, but the subsequent reaction was unforgettable! Cool

I seem to recall that the Balrog quite and impression...

2. Use not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, with axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Captain Salt
Aessere Lot

Apr 23 2012, 3:54am

Post #11 of 256 (3670 views)
Shortcut
Tell me about it...what would we most like to see? [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally, I'd prefer some interaction between Bilbo and the Dwarves/Gandalf, perhaps a hint of Elrond at Rivendell...would it be too much to hope for glimpses of the previously unseen Thranduil, Tauriel, Legolas, Bard, Beorn, or Radagast? Probably. Tongue Would love to see a bit more of Dol Guldur and Mirkwood as well...

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 23 2012, 5:14am

Post #12 of 256 (3698 views)
Shortcut
Some coverage from Cannes: [In reply to] Can't Post

I did a quick and dirty Google search and came across some of the coverage at the time which captures the media reaction:

Calisuri's comments

Ringbearer.org: "Cut to: Gandalf yelling “YOU SHALL NOT PASS” as he brings down his staff on the bridge… and that ends the Moria sequence. Crowd erupts into applause at this point."

Cannes Confidential: "There were film crews everywhere you looked as the world's media went into a surprised rapturous frenzy."

It's so much fun to look back and remember those heady days. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

DanielLB
Latrommi

Apr 23 2012, 6:55am

Post #13 of 256 (3596 views)
Shortcut
Strangely [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it slightly strange that now that I have heard this news, I hope it isn't too spoilery Shocked Just some hints will do for me, I wouldn't want to know whole scenes, step-by-step, months in advance!

Although, I would give anything to go!!

Carne
Aessere Lot

Apr 23 2012, 6:58am

Post #14 of 256 (3630 views)
Shortcut
This guy attended CinemaCon last year and did some reporting [In reply to] Can't Post

https://twitter.com/#!/colliderfrosty

And he's going this time as well, so might be worth keeping an eye on.

DanielLB
Latrommi

Apr 23 2012, 7:03am

Post #15 of 256 (3570 views)
Shortcut
Thanks carne [In reply to] Can't Post

Once any information is up, it's going to spread like a wild fire. No chance of us missing it Cool

DanielLB
Latrommi

Apr 23 2012, 7:07am

Post #16 of 256 (3537 views)
Shortcut
Excitement levels just gone up [In reply to] Can't Post

I hadn't realised it was *this* week Shocked

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 23 2012, 9:10am

Post #17 of 256 (3521 views)
Shortcut
Yes, exactly. [In reply to] Can't Post

I fully expect rapturous reviews from those fortunate enough to be there so that we can be excited by their excitement. Cool

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

DanielLB
Latrommi

Apr 23 2012, 10:46am

Post #18 of 256 (3469 views)
Shortcut
I reckon [In reply to] Can't Post

I reckon that we aren't going to get anything too spoilery, but something enough to show off the 3D and high resolution that they are filming at.

On this assumption, I think it rules out Gollum (don't want to give away Riddles [and maybe avoid the ring]), anything to do with Beorn, the eagles or Radagast (since we haven't yet seen them).

My likely candidates are the Dwarves at Bag End (since this was heavily featured in the trailer), Trollshaw (shows off the cgi etc) or something to do with Mirkwood (shouldn't be spoilery at all). It could also be a Rivendell scene, but I wouldn't have thought there would be enough action or cgi to be of interest in this first viewing (excluding the Rivendell vistas of course).

sarahb1863
Llednevir

Apr 23 2012, 11:36am

Post #19 of 256 (3711 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

If the reaction is very positive, I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the footage "accidently" leaked. Best free publicity there is! Why not use it?

Mythopoeia
Eerb

Apr 23 2012, 2:28pm

Post #20 of 256 (3472 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of Con [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there any news yet on Hobbit-y presence at San Diego Comic Con this summer? I ask because this is my first year attending and if there was anything Hobbit going on that would be amazing. I'm jealous of the Cinema Con people, haha!

Faenoriel
Aessere Lot

Apr 23 2012, 4:31pm

Post #21 of 256 (3380 views)
Shortcut
dsusdfckhdgQÖSOIqn [In reply to] Can't Post

/incoherent schreeching/

Oh joy oh joy oh joy!

PJ you've spoiled us with all the stuff you've let us see thus far... don't become all secretive now! Let them tell us all the delicious details! Pleaaaaaaaaase!

(This post was edited by Faenoriel on Apr 23 2012, 4:32pm)

Sinister71
Aessere Lot

Apr 23 2012, 6:08pm

Post #22 of 256 (3398 views)
Shortcut
i am hoping [In reply to] Can't Post

They have something at Dragoncon in Atlanta this September also

Finrod
NahoR

Apr 23 2012, 6:43pm

Post #23 of 256 (3324 views)
Shortcut
keeping a lid on it [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
If the reaction is very positive, I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the footage "accidently" leaked.

I would. I’d be quite astounded, actually.

…all eyes looked upon the ring; for he held it now aloft, and the green jewels gleamed there that the Noldor had devised in Valinor. For this ring was like to twin serpents, whose eyes were emeralds, and their heads met beneath a crown of golden flowers, that the one upheld and the other devoured; that was the badge of Finarfin and his house.
The Silmarillion, pp 150-151
while Felagund laughs beneath the trees
in Valinor and comes no more
to this grey world of tears and war.
The Lays of Beleriand, p 311

DanielLB
Latrommi

Apr 23 2012, 7:04pm

Post #24 of 256 (3289 views)
Shortcut
Yes [In reply to] Can't Post

It will be a suprise if that happens! And cause a bit of trouble too!

Theodred
Neirol

Apr 23 2012, 8:29pm

Post #25 of 256 (3292 views)
Shortcut
Maybe this link might be helpful? [In reply to] Can't Post

You could add all the twitter-accounts in this list to you favourites-list, and who knows, maybe one of them might actually spill something about The Hobbit...Tongue

Code

http://dehobbithyve.hyves.nl/
http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/the-hobbit-news-widget-ronald_40

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.