Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Who is most likely to fall in love with Tauriel.
Poll: Who is most likely to fall in love with Tauriel.
Thorin
Kili
Fili
Ori
Dori
Nori
Bifur
Bofur
Bombur
Oin
Gloin
Balin
Dwalin
None of them
Gandalf
Legolas
All of them.
Elrond
Elladan
Elohir
View Results (53 votes)

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Apr 11 2012, 4:26am

Post #1 of 22 (1175 views)
Shortcut
Who is most likely to fall in love with Tauriel. Can't Post

Laugh Elrohir i mean lol

(This post was edited by Thorins_apprentice on Apr 11 2012, 4:29am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 11 2012, 6:47am

Post #2 of 22 (798 views)
Shortcut
None of them [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think the adventure needs romance or some romantic sub-plot. It worked well in the LOTR trilogy since Arwen & Aragorn and Faramir & Eowyn (although not fully expanded) was already in the books.

Have one of the main characters "fall in love" with Tauriel won't add anything. Perhaps she will do a little flirting or even have her own elf-husband in Mirkwood. Who knows.

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Apr 11 2012, 2:57pm

Post #3 of 22 (803 views)
Shortcut
Where is Bilbo on this list? [In reply to] Can't Post

While I don't think Tauriel will fall in love with anyone, or that anyone will fall in love with her, or that there should be any kind of romance in these films... it'd be almost kind of cute if Bilbo had similar kind of chivalrous crush on her as Gimli has on Galadriel. A middle aged gentlehobbit crushing over a tomboyish female soldier 3/2 his height. Middleage crisis, anyone? Sly

If we want to take this question seriously, then: a person most likely to developed feelings for her would be someone who deals with her daily, and is of the same social rank as she is; therefore someone of her colleagues; therefore some other of Thranduil's guards/soldiers. I doubt anyone distanced from her either by physical or social barriers would pay much attention to her*, and therefore would have no chance to get to know her intimately enough to start to love her.

*Unless she is a personal bodyguard, in which case bodyguard crush is an option.

(This post was edited by Faenoriel on Apr 11 2012, 3:00pm)

Sam20
Lorien

Apr 11 2012, 3:49pm

Post #4 of 22 (801 views)
Shortcut
I hope no one will. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not very fond of the idea of bringing a new character that was not in the book as Tauriel but it should be even more harder to swallow if there is such a thing as a 'love story' with a character of the compagny. I just don't want to see that so I choose none of them in the list.

(This post was edited by sam90 on Apr 11 2012, 3:51pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 11 2012, 4:06pm

Post #5 of 22 (834 views)
Shortcut
Technically* [In reply to] Can't Post

she was on in the book - they've just amalgamated a number of unnamed background characters

(*although technically, technically is the wrong word since, yes, she doesn't appear in the book Tongue)

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Apr 11 2012, 4:24pm

Post #6 of 22 (865 views)
Shortcut
"I believe she is authentic, because Tolkien refers to The Woodland Elves, he just doesn’t talk about who they are specifically" [In reply to] Can't Post

Evangeline said it best herself. As long as she does the same stuff as these unnamed backround Elves do in the book, I don't consider her altogether "invented". If the plot is changed to make up something for her to do, then it may become an issue.

Delrond
Rohan

Apr 13 2012, 11:23am

Post #7 of 22 (803 views)
Shortcut
Norman Kali // [In reply to] Can't Post

Evil

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 13 2012, 1:45pm

Post #8 of 22 (785 views)
Shortcut
only one vote for Gandalf... surprising. // [In reply to] Can't Post

alienorchid
Lorien

Apr 19 2012, 2:36pm

Post #9 of 22 (717 views)
Shortcut
None of them, but.. [In reply to] Can't Post

if there is some kind of romance subplot involving her, I think it's possible that she might be in love with someone or really admire someone, but maybe her feelings aren't noticed or reciprocated.

Seeing as she's an invented character I don't mind if they give her feelings like that, I just don't want them inventing feelings for characters who are already described in the book.

Sam20
Lorien

Apr 19 2012, 7:19pm

Post #10 of 22 (718 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess to me the character is an invention in terms of that they have personalized a background Wood-Elves guard who doesn't really exist in the book as we all know here. I mean the Wood-elves guard are there and are not really describe, that's a fact but nowhere in the book it is said that a Female guard of the name of Tauriel exist or doesn't, that's true but clearly not a Tolkien's initiative. I guess that is my point. My chief concern in that matter is that she might have quite an important role especially in the second movie, one would guess, and so this character will get a considerable visibility in the story that was simply not the case in the book. We shall what is going to be the result, I am not gonna juge the result before seeing it so I'll wait and see!

(This post was edited by sam90 on Apr 19 2012, 7:25pm)

Symbelmine
Rohan

Apr 20 2012, 10:44pm

Post #11 of 22 (730 views)
Shortcut
Probably some another made up elf, or Kili [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 21 2012, 10:45pm

Post #12 of 22 (750 views)
Shortcut
Fanboys? [In reply to] Can't Post

At least I assume the studio is hoping so. Angelic

Sam20
Lorien

Apr 22 2012, 6:16pm

Post #13 of 22 (690 views)
Shortcut
Mayhaps [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode, Of course because she's not theorically in the book it doesn't mean it cannot be a nice character that Tolkien's fan may appreciate in the end. Or fall in love with! lol.

(This post was edited by sam90 on Apr 22 2012, 6:17pm)

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Apr 22 2012, 6:31pm

Post #14 of 22 (690 views)
Shortcut
None of them// [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 22 2012, 8:18pm

Post #15 of 22 (713 views)
Shortcut
Just poking some fun.... [In reply to] Can't Post

at past arguments here over the invention of Tauriel and the possible motives behind it. Sly

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 22 2012, 11:24pm

Post #16 of 22 (675 views)
Shortcut
Ironically [In reply to] Can't Post

It was mostly said Tauriel was invented for the fan-girls either for the on-screen romance potential or to balance out the gender disparity in the butt-kicking department.

Everyone knows fan-boys aren't moved by such pish posh...

Laugh

Magpie
Immortal

Apr 22 2012, 11:35pm

Post #17 of 22 (683 views)
Shortcut
haha [In reply to] Can't Post

well, this clueless mother wondered what it meant when her college gamer son played as computer game characters that were smoking hot, barely dressed women. What was the motivation? I would pick a character I thought was like me, or... more likely... I wanted to be. Did this mean he wished to be a smoking hot, big boob woman? I wasn't getting that vibe in real life but I am open minded and wanted him to tell me if that was the case.

So I asked him. Why?

His answer....

"I'm looking at her for hours."

... and he left me to work it out.

Eye candy. It does provide some joy in life. :-)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Apr 23 2012, 12:48am

Post #18 of 22 (679 views)
Shortcut
It was.... [In reply to] Can't Post

but as Magpie observed, for every girl excited over a warrior woman, there will be as many or more fanboys excited over the eye candy, hence my original post.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 23 2012, 1:04am

Post #19 of 22 (735 views)
Shortcut
I knew that. [In reply to] Can't Post

before reading to the end of your post I was all, "Isn't it obvious? The view is better." Seems shallow perhaps, but there it is.

Angelic

malickfan
Gondor

Apr 24 2012, 11:22am

Post #20 of 22 (692 views)
Shortcut
No One... [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ's a clever enough filmaker to realise its irrelevant to The Story of the central characters.

Aethelwyne Bolger
Bree

Apr 25 2012, 1:20am

Post #21 of 22 (677 views)
Shortcut
Probably Legolas [In reply to] Can't Post

They'll probably fight together and have fun trying to see who could kill more orcs like he did with Gimli and they'll argue a lot and think they can't stand each other but suddenly he'll look over at her admiringly and realize she's his soul mate.
I hope not, though, because that could be reallllly cheesy!Sly

Symbelmine
Rohan

Apr 25 2012, 9:22pm

Post #22 of 22 (842 views)
Shortcut
It won't be Legolas [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter Jackson has already confirmed there is no romance between Legolas and Tauriel

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.