Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Is anyone else feeling a little sad that the film is actually wrapping

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Apr 12 2012, 4:37am

Views: 1805
Shortcut
Is anyone else feeling a little sad that the film is actually wrapping Can't Post

up in the next couple of months? We have gone from hoping, to despair to hope to despair and then joy with this film history. Much of the pleasure as a fan has been in the who, what, when and where. Now that we are assured of these two films and EE editions over the next 2-4 years the journeys end is in sight. Yes, there is much still to do and we don't know how they will turn out, but I feel some nostalgia already over those early days from the GDT / PJ, Walsh and Boyens writing efforts through the long bankruptcy disappointment and then PJ taking over then the casting, design, locations etc. until the first Vlog. Oh well, I can start dreaming of The Children of Hurin.

Subject User Time
Is anyone else feeling a little sad that the film is actually wrapping Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Apr 12 2012, 4:37am
    Sad? Not at all... Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Apr 12 2012, 6:06am
        mostly answered in the vlogs titanium_hobbit Send a private message to titanium_hobbit Apr 12 2012, 6:24am
    no.// Welsh hero Send a private message to Welsh hero Apr 12 2012, 6:30am
    It is bittersweet in a way... Earl Send a private message to Earl Apr 12 2012, 6:35am
        Agree with you here Earl DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 12 2012, 6:47am
            Silmarillion TRILOGY? Nah... that's going to be 7 films ;) // Earl Send a private message to Earl Apr 12 2012, 6:48am
        Well said, Earl. ShireHorse Send a private message to ShireHorse Apr 12 2012, 10:22am
            Now you mention it - a heads up! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 12 2012, 10:28am
                Oh that's great news. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Apr 12 2012, 6:45pm
    Yes, me dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Apr 12 2012, 8:03am
    Yes, a tinge...but I was particularly saddened when I discovered in January that they were not filming after July Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Apr 12 2012, 8:58am
        Maybe they won't need as many pick-ups, after taking things slowly guitarzankansasfan Send a private message to guitarzankansasfan Apr 12 2012, 9:26am
            Pick-ups are inevitable DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 12 2012, 9:32am
    It is indeed sad GoodGuyA Send a private message to GoodGuyA Apr 12 2012, 10:50am
    Yes, I'm a little sad too. kareniel Send a private message to kareniel Apr 12 2012, 4:52pm
    Yes, I am sad to some extent.. jschomburg Send a private message to jschomburg Apr 12 2012, 5:48pm
    Not really, and I say that only because... Maiarmike Send a private message to Maiarmike Apr 12 2012, 9:38pm
        Not Sad just more impatient. Thorins_apprentice Send a private message to Thorins_apprentice Apr 13 2012, 7:46am
    Yes Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Apr 13 2012, 2:43pm
        You reckon we are going to see another adaptation in our lifetime?? / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 13 2012, 2:46pm
            I sure hope so Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Apr 14 2012, 2:15am
                If all else, fails you still have the books DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 14 2012, 9:47am
                    Simple Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Apr 15 2012, 12:29am
                        You never know DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 15 2012, 7:40am
    Sad? Something like that. SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Apr 13 2012, 11:00pm
        True, I will raise an adult beverage to that sentiment tonight..TGIF. Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Apr 13 2012, 11:04pm
    For those in NZ... Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Apr 16 2012, 6:53pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.