Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
SCOD: Enter Arwen

GoodGuyA
Lorien

Apr 10 2012, 10:41am

Views: 1214
Shortcut
SCOD: Enter Arwen Can't Post

My deepest apologies for the late one! Completely slipped my mind, which is funny because I was certainly on here yesterday. Anyways, without further adieu, let's kick it off.

Full-sized image can be found HERE. This is the moment where Arwen finds, "A ranger caught off his guard".

1. This scene has stirred a lot of controversy for being what most consider to be an out of character moment for both parties involved. However, seeing past that initial adaptation change, does this scene fit in the movie's interpretation of Arwen?

2. Does this scene represent any thematic importance between the Aragon/Arwen relationship?

3. Did you feel tension during this scene as Aragorn and Sam searched for the weed that might help Frodo stay off the Ringwraith's power longer?

4. Why do you think Arwen snuck up on him in the first place?

Subject User Time
SCOD: Enter Arwen GoodGuyA Send a private message to GoodGuyA Apr 10 2012, 10:41am
    Youth, One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Apr 10 2012, 2:05pm
        I don't know... GoodGuyA Send a private message to GoodGuyA Apr 11 2012, 1:59am
    hmmmm.... Xanaseb Send a private message to Xanaseb Apr 11 2012, 1:34pm
    Many sides Nuradar Send a private message to Nuradar Apr 11 2012, 2:26pm
    Movie Arwen elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Apr 11 2012, 7:27pm
    and the link did not work for me elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Apr 11 2012, 7:28pm
    try this link: Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 11 2012, 9:35pm
    Sword play Harold.of.Whoa Send a private message to Harold.of.Whoa Apr 12 2012, 3:58pm
        Arwen's sword Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 12 2012, 8:28pm
        Curved swords Arwen's daughter Send a private message to Arwen's daughter Apr 12 2012, 9:13pm
            Yes, Haldir's was also curved DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 12 2012, 9:16pm
            Thanks, all. Harold.of.Whoa Send a private message to Harold.of.Whoa Apr 13 2012, 1:33am
                " I'll have to look for Legolas' dual blades; I can't really picture them." Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Apr 13 2012, 3:28am
        Elrond did send several riders in the book Arwen Skywalker Send a private message to Arwen Skywalker Apr 15 2012, 4:57am
            You and Harold are right about Elrond's protective tendencies, however... zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Apr 15 2012, 7:12am
                Yes, Elrond gave her a sword. SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Apr 15 2012, 1:27pm
            Maybe... Harold.of.Whoa Send a private message to Harold.of.Whoa Apr 16 2012, 12:54am
    I don't think Arwen is necessarily out of character zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Apr 13 2012, 6:01am
    I also missed Glorfindel... telain Send a private message to telain Apr 13 2012, 2:07pm
        Special Kingly Healing Weed Alyianna Baggins Send a private message to Alyianna Baggins Apr 16 2012, 2:41pm
    My Thoughts Alyianna Baggins Send a private message to Alyianna Baggins Apr 16 2012, 2:39pm
    This scene is a violation of Checkov's rule Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Apr 17 2012, 3:52am
        Huh? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 17 2012, 7:12am
            I would normally agree with you Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Apr 17 2012, 1:58pm
                Interesting reasoning DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 17 2012, 2:10pm
                I'm sure this is probably a remnant of Helm's Deep Arwen zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Apr 18 2012, 3:06am
                The way she's introduced as a flirty, sassy Amazon does seem kind of out of place // kzer_za Send a private message to kzer_za Apr 18 2012, 2:10pm
        I understand what you're getting at... GoodGuyA Send a private message to GoodGuyA Apr 17 2012, 11:53am
        I love this scene... Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Apr 17 2012, 9:28pm
    SCOD: Enter Arwen willowing Send a private message to willowing Apr 22 2012, 5:44am
    "Where's my horse, dude?" Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Apr 25 2012, 3:18pm
    It's funny, but estelien Send a private message to estelien Jun 8 2012, 8:54pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.