Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Gandalf and Narya

Nightingale
Rohan

Apr 10 2012, 10:19am

Views: 967
Shortcut
Gandalf and Narya Can't Post

Hi all! I have a question, and am hoping that some of you knowledgeable RR peeps will be able to give me the answer. Please bear with me, as my knowledge of information outside what is presented in the main text of Lord of the Rings is sketchy, and even there, I can't remember everything (shock horror Evil)...
If Frodo was able to sense Galadriel's possession of Nenya, why could he not tell that Gandalf had Narya (which I believe was given to him by Cirdan)? Is this because either Gandalf did not wear his ring, or because Frodo could only see Nenya due to the fact that he was a ring bearer and Galadriel allowed him to see it, or is there another explanation altogether? I hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance Smile

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" - C. S. Lewis

Subject User Time
Gandalf and Narya Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Apr 10 2012, 10:19am
    The only explanation I can think of is DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 10 2012, 10:28am
        Agreed. I had the same thoughts :) // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 15 2012, 5:05pm
            Neoplatonism Night Wolf Apr 18 2012, 9:46am
    The answer you seek... GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 10 2012, 3:19pm
        Thanks for that GAndyalf, don't have the book handy / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 10 2012, 3:26pm
            I don't have all my books handy... GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 10 2012, 3:28pm
        Thank you to you both! Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Apr 10 2012, 3:58pm
            You're more important than the trivia... GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 10 2012, 4:06pm
                Excellent observations Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Apr 10 2012, 4:41pm
                    Okay, since I can't PM you... GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 10 2012, 4:43pm
                        Deliberately so.... Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Apr 10 2012, 5:34pm
                            Thank you! GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 10 2012, 7:08pm
                                Thanks. c.1500-1750 // Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Apr 11 2012, 11:20am
                                    Late Rennaissance/early Industrial period... GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 11 2012, 2:30pm
                            I understand... telain Send a private message to telain Apr 13 2012, 1:45pm
                                Thank you! Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Apr 13 2012, 2:28pm
                                    Is the word limit 10,000? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 13 2012, 2:34pm
                                        No, 9,000 Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Apr 13 2012, 2:50pm
                                            That's lucky DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 13 2012, 2:55pm
                                                Thanks for that Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Apr 20 2012, 11:18am
                                                    Such a relief DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 20 2012, 12:36pm
        Thanks for that text GAndyalf ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Apr 13 2012, 7:28pm
            I quite agree... GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 13 2012, 8:58pm
                With such reverence ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Apr 13 2012, 11:04pm
        I also think that grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Apr 15 2012, 5:02pm
    Maybe Gandalf just kept his handses in his pocketses. :) // visualweasel Send a private message to visualweasel Apr 10 2012, 6:44pm
        " Now what do I have in my pockets? Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Apr 11 2012, 8:30am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.