Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Luthien vs. Hatsune Miku

TolkienOtaku
Rivendell

Apr 3 2012, 2:59am

Post #1 of 5 (717 views)
Shortcut
Luthien vs. Hatsune Miku Can't Post

Thanks to the Silmarillion, we all know that Luthien had one heck of a pair of pipes. But how would she fare against Hatsune Miku, the virtual diva and Vocaloid 2 voicebank? You decide!

http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Vocaloid_Wiki Go here for all things Vocaloid if you need some context.

Even if all the world
Became your enemy
I will protect you so
You just be there smiling

imin
Valinor

Apr 3 2012, 7:58am

Post #2 of 5 (154 views)
Shortcut
Had to use the link :P [In reply to] Can't Post

I had never until now heard of Hatsune Miku. At first i didnt know whether the wiki article was talking about a character completely fictional like Luthien. i realise now that its a computer program which has been created in real life? So its similar to gorilaz in the uk in that at shows its not a person its a computer generated image moving etc. The difference being Hatsune Miku sound is from a program, is that right or am i getting it wrong?

I had a listen to a few of the songs on youtube and honestly i really hope it doesnt catch on in the UK, lol. It seems massive in japan from reading the wiki, is it mainly young Japanese girls who like it or is everyone loving it? It would be interesting to find out who is.

As for Luthien vs Hatsune Miku i think its a little unfair as one sang infront of the morgoth (effectively satan) and made him fall asleep/put a spell on him, whilst Hatsune Miku is just very popular in Japan and fans of japanese culture around the world?

TolkienOtaku
Rivendell

Apr 3 2012, 3:11pm

Post #3 of 5 (178 views)
Shortcut
I rather expected the link to be used. [In reply to] Can't Post

While Hatsune Miku is extremely popular in Japan, I agree that Luthien would more likely than not be the winner in a sing-off. After all, Luthien can do something Hatsune Miku can't. She can turn off the computer Miku's program is running on. Wink

Even if all the world
Became your enemy
I will protect you so
You just be there smiling

imin
Valinor

Apr 3 2012, 4:19pm

Post #4 of 5 (602 views)
Shortcut
Haha never thought of that [In reply to] Can't Post

what an annoyance that would be for Hatsune Miku! I think its really interesting just how popular the computer program is. In japan is it preferred to 'real' music as in music made my musicians or with only a certain demographic. Just im only 24 but i feel so out of touch already with whats trendy now! Tongue

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jan 7 2014, 5:02pm

Post #5 of 5 (38 views)
Shortcut
luthien [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.