Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
The Balrog Legendary Scale Bust from Sideshow Collectibles

calisuri
PTB

Sep 28 2007, 9:28pm

Post #1 of 5 (3013 views)
Shortcut
The Balrog Legendary Scale Bust from Sideshow Collectibles Can't Post

The Balrog Legendary Scale BustThe Balrog Legendary Scale Bust is now available over at SideshowCollectibles.com:

"Sideshow Collectibles proudly presents this fantastic new addition to The Lord of the Rings Legendary Scale Bust series. The Balrog has been expertly sculpted to capture every detail of the creature's menacing visage and flaming hide. Hand-cast of the highest quality polystone, each bust is hand-painted and individually numbered. The Balrog Legendary Scale bust is the perfect addition to your The Lord of the Rings collection."

And don't forget the fact that its an insanely large 22" H (559mm) and will ship in early 2008.

The Balrog Legendary Scale Bust

The Mysterious Calisuri

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 28 2007, 9:32pm

Post #2 of 5 (672 views)
Shortcut
I was looking at the preview of this earlier this week... [In reply to] Can't Post

It looks SOOOO cool! But it's so expensive... Well, not expensive as in 'overpriced' - I actually think Sideshow's pieces are pretty well priced given the craftsmanship, detail, etc. - but expensive as in 'not sure I can afford it right now'... But I am counting my pennies and wondering... It's a great piece.

Then again, the new Gandalf is awesome too. Hmm - which to buy, which to buy? Laugh (*reminds self of cost of NZ cruise, trips to moots, etc....*)

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

calisuri
PTB

Sep 28 2007, 9:36pm

Post #3 of 5 (664 views)
Shortcut
*EXCELLENT* [In reply to] Can't Post

*rubbing hands together evilly*

Yes, you want them both...you know you do. They would look great together on your shelf..

Hah - btw - I can't afford them either! But some people can

The Mysterious Calisuri

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 29 2007, 4:32am

Post #4 of 5 (689 views)
Shortcut
Sideshow's stuff is dangerous. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was happy with not buying any of their works ... until I saw the whole bally lot of it displayed in Weta's boardroom and I fell under their spell, resulting in Eowyn facing off against the Witchking on my dining room table for the last couple of years.

I mean, it's a *good* trap to fall into, but there really is no hope of escape!

Let us know how you fit both the Gandalf and Balrog statues in your home. ;)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

deej
Tol Eressea

Sep 30 2007, 6:49pm

Post #5 of 5 (730 views)
Shortcut
It's a dangerous business, visiting Sideshow Collectibles [In reply to] Can't Post

If you don't watch where you're browsing, you could wind up quite broke!

I, too, have been watching my pennies, and promised myself that I wasn't going to buy anything for a while. Then, of course, the Frodo and Gollum at the Crack of Doom diorama became available on my wait list, so I had to buy that. Now I see this Balrog....sigh. Sideshow is evil! Evil

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.