Production video #7: What to expect..
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Mithrandír
Lorien

Mar 27 2012, 9:03pm

Post #1 of 39 (3687 views)
Shortcut
Production video #7: What to expect.. Can't Post

I'm hoping it will touch upon the music for the hobbit, and maybe show us some tidbits of Howard Shore!

Or perhaps some stuff about the stunt crew and some of weta's work so far..?

What do you guys think or hope the next production video will touch upon?Smile

Cheers!

Social Science's biggest problem, is social science.

"The ring has awoken. It's heard its masters call"

Welsh hero
Gondor

Mar 27 2012, 9:54pm

Post #2 of 39 (1799 views)
Shortcut
seeing as each film was at a point of some kind of milestone [In reply to] Can't Post

1 - begining of production
2 - end of block 1
3 - London filming
4 - Start of block 2
5 - end of block 2
6 - start of block 3

I'd imagine the next will be with another milestone. So most likely half way in to block 3. it'll go in to some of the post production

-Irfon

Twitter: @IrfonPennant

(This post was edited by Welsh hero on Mar 27 2012, 9:57pm)

duats
Grey Havens

Mar 27 2012, 10:12pm

Post #3 of 39 (1780 views)
Shortcut
I will keep asking for a glimpse at Beorn or Radagast [In reply to] Can't Post

Until my pleas are heard XD.

(This post was edited by duats on Mar 27 2012, 10:13pm)

Longbottom Leaf
Lorien

Mar 27 2012, 11:12pm

Post #4 of 39 (1717 views)
Shortcut
I'm witchu Duats! [In reply to] Can't Post

Just a little glimpse will do

The best weed in the southfarthing!

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Mar 28 2012, 2:32am

Post #5 of 39 (1692 views)
Shortcut
Here's what i'd like to see. [In reply to] Can't Post

A snippet of Thorins dialogue/Talking
More Location shooting.
Duats is right, also a glimpse of Beorn or Radagast would be swell.Cool

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Mar 28 2012, 2:45am

Post #6 of 39 (1682 views)
Shortcut
I'd like to see more of Ann Maskrey and her costume team [In reply to] Can't Post

But I'm sure that comes as no surprise Cool

Generally, I like seeing more of the people behind the scenes that made the LOTR documentaries so interesting to me. Stuff like the caterers that we saw in the last one or the chain mail duo from LOTR.

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?
Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home by Dec. 2013
Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

daemoon
Rivendell

Mar 28 2012, 3:53am

Post #7 of 39 (1711 views)
Shortcut
The Elvenking [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd like to see a glimpse of Lee Pace as Thranduil...
I still cant picture him as the character in my mind =)

Milknut
Rohan

Mar 28 2012, 6:20am

Post #8 of 39 (1638 views)
Shortcut
Frames of footage [In reply to] Can't Post

relating to production, arranged chronologically.

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie___

Milknut
Rohan

Mar 28 2012, 6:21am

Post #9 of 39 (1620 views)
Shortcut
I don't really think they'll reveal characters that way.// [In reply to] Can't Post

The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie.
The cake is a lie___

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 28 2012, 7:08am

Post #10 of 39 (1608 views)
Shortcut
I don't think [In reply to] Can't Post

we will get to see that in the next vlog. While they are still filming block 3 and the second film, I am sure there will be plenty to still tease us with. I suspect the next vlog will be on block 3, and perhaps the logistics of filming multiple films, getting actors in the right places etc. It may also touch on graphic and CGI and perhaps the post-production for the first film. If PJ keeps giving us video blogs up until the film/s releases, I think that score and music will be a later one (if at all). Smile

Zherkezhi
Bree

Mar 28 2012, 7:16am

Post #11 of 39 (1621 views)
Shortcut
A day in the life of a hobbit?// [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Zherkezhi on Mar 28 2012, 7:16am)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 28 2012, 10:50am

Post #12 of 39 (1581 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps some Richard Taylor on miniatures, armour, weapons etc? // [In reply to] Can't Post

"...For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth"

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Mar 28 2012, 10:50am)

Fertlthewhite
Bree

Mar 29 2012, 5:19am

Post #13 of 39 (1462 views)
Shortcut
or... (what I lilke to see) [In reply to] Can't Post

Recording sounds? or Digital doubles...

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 29 2012, 12:17pm

Post #14 of 39 (1420 views)
Shortcut
I want to see the digital doubles, just because of this quote... [In reply to] Can't Post

"The technology gets better. Everything that we were pioneering on LOTR has now become a well-organised pipeline." For one thing, digital acting - synthesping - has stepped up a gear. "We showed people Martin's CGI double and they thought they were looking at the actual Martin," smiles Jackson. "I think he was bit freaked out by it..."

It's probably just hype. But if the doubles look as good as Avatar and Tintin then it'll be impossible to tell what's real and what isn't, if it's shot right.

"...For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth"

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Mar 29 2012, 12:21pm)

imin
Valinor

Mar 29 2012, 3:02pm

Post #15 of 39 (1386 views)
Shortcut
It should be as good if not better than avatar right? [In reply to] Can't Post

Just due to time to get more advanced CGI etc and more knowledgeable in how to use it?

I do think avatar looks incredible. I know people think it looks fake, but that is the colours in my opinion not because it had mediocre CGI.

I am really looking forward to it, i think Smaug will look incredible. I love John Howe's image of Smaug and would like it to look something like that.

On a side not tintin had amazing CGI as well, the ocean looked completely real in the scenes they were on the boat, i was amazed. Obviously the characters themselves didnt look totally real but that was due to making them look a certain way and not wanting them to look totally real. And as we know PJ produced tintin so maybe he has a few tricks from that which he can bring to TH?

Fertlthewhite
Bree

Mar 29 2012, 3:50pm

Post #16 of 39 (1380 views)
Shortcut
got to be CGI-Stuff or Set-building perhaps... [In reply to] Can't Post

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 29 2012, 7:36pm

Post #17 of 39 (1368 views)
Shortcut
I don't think anyone can say Avatar looked fake... [In reply to] Can't Post

Those that do can't really know much about computer animation. The human face is the hardest thing to replicate synthetically with any art form. Avatar and Benjamin Button are the only films that have done this on a genuinely believable level. There have been many 'good' examples, but Avatar was such a huge jump and there are really very, VERY few faults. People who say it looks fake must be thinking "people aren't blue" and when people are that stupid their opinion doesn't really count.

It's hard to say whether The Hobbit will be as good or better. A lot of things come into play other than time and budget. How long a double is seen for or how far away it is in the scene, how it's lit or what environment it's in can really effect the detail that they put it. Usually they'll reduce detail or lighting effects to reduce render time, which hopefully won't be an issue here.

If you're interested I recommend this talk on sculpting a CGI head... http://youtu.be/jUIfiLplNqQ

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 29 2012, 8:06pm

Post #18 of 39 (1377 views)
Shortcut
I'll also point out that Avatar and Tintin both had CGI environments... [In reply to] Can't Post

It's one thing to render a CGI model in a CGI environment and another to convincingly place a CGI model in a live-action environment. It has to be anchored correctly to camera movements and lit correctly. If there's even a tiny mistake on how a model reacts to its environment the illusion can be completely ruined.

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Mar 29 2012, 8:07pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 29 2012, 10:40pm

Post #19 of 39 (1358 views)
Shortcut
Peter Jackson is approaching 500K fans on Facebook. [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't want to make a separate thread for this so posted it here... Think anything will be released to celebrate?

imin
Valinor

Mar 29 2012, 10:46pm

Post #20 of 39 (1361 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link [In reply to] Can't Post

Was a very interesting watch as are most TED lectures. Its incredible they had one person working on the tongue of Benjamin for 9 months! I have watched benjamin button but i dont think until now i had seen the CGI if that makes sense, as it was a great story and due to it being so life like my mind just accepted it as old brad, normal brad, young brad. So much work and talent gone into that one film, i can only hope with a budget of half a billion the two hobbit movies will be just as great CGI wise at least.

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Mar 29 2012, 11:00pm

Post #21 of 39 (1348 views)
Shortcut
Well. Okayyyy, then. I guess there's no point in explaining [In reply to] Can't Post

why I thought Avatar (what little I saw of it, admittedly) looked fake for completely different reasons than what you've assumed. :/

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 29 2012, 11:14pm

Post #22 of 39 (1360 views)
Shortcut
But how? [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not talking about creatures and environments (some of them were a little off) but the main characters, the human body doubles and the Na'vi are extremely convincing. I'm not saying perfect but to say they looked "fake" just doesn't make sense, especially when people say how real Gollum looked. The Na'vi are clearly a massive improvement.

http://www.widewallpapers.net/...er-1920x1080-003.jpg

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Mar 29 2012, 11:14pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 30 2012, 9:16am

Post #23 of 39 (1347 views)
Shortcut
I always wonder [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it actually him behind the computer? Or is it a representative that gets told by PJ what to write? I don't expect anything when he reaches 500k

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Mar 30 2012, 5:24pm

Post #24 of 39 (1351 views)
Shortcut
I think it's actually him... I'm expecting him to post something on Monday... [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember when he was making King Kong he released this on the 1st of April... http://youtu.be/oeucP9q0BqY

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Mar 30 2012, 5:25pm)

dormouse
Half-elven

Mar 30 2012, 5:49pm

Post #25 of 39 (1316 views)
Shortcut
Hadn't seen that before, that was funny [In reply to] Can't Post

Best part was Richard Taylor not quite managing to keep a straight face!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.