Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of The Rings:
Asking for help from people who bought certain soundtracks.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 29 2007, 11:03pm

Post #26 of 35 (123 views)
Shortcut
scans... [In reply to] Can't Post

I could try. I don't have a scanner myself but L.Ron might be able to scan a few things for me - I'll ask him. That wouldn't be until next weekend earliest as I won't see him before then; but let me know what you'd like and I'll certainly see what I can do. Smile

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 29 2007, 11:50pm

Post #27 of 35 (118 views)
Shortcut
points up to post titled, "I got part of that figured out" :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 29 2007, 11:52pm

Post #28 of 35 (120 views)
Shortcut
well... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The Aragorn card from TTT is in the site you linked above--it's the middle one in the top row.

Gimli is on the other side of it and that's not on the site you linked to.

I will send that later -- need to fight my e-bay listing husband for that!

The Aragorn card is on that site, but ... as I said ... it's cut off awkwardly.

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 29 2007, 11:53pm

Post #29 of 35 (122 views)
Shortcut
okay. [In reply to] Can't Post

I am sorting things out right now. So, once it all settles in, I'll be able to take inventory and let you know. Thanks for considering it.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 30 2007, 6:15am

Post #30 of 35 (140 views)
Shortcut
I created a whole thing of this for my website... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but then my computer crashed and I lost of all it. I wanted to create a sort of "museum" of the soundtracks on my site since I've been crazy about the different editions since forever.

I have all the editions of the soundtracks, except for the brown TTT one (but I got to know that it's exactly the same as the blue TTT so I don;t rue it a lot, except for the fact that my collection is one short of being complete). I did spend a LOT of cash on all of them but I got carried away :)

I've started putting it all together again and I'm working on scanning it all and Magpie, I definitely share them with you if you don't already get them by the time I'm done with scanning. If you want in the meantime, I could give you a comprehensive list of what each and everything contains, if that might be of help to you.

Let me know.

"Crows and Gibbets! What is the house of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires."

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 30 2007, 1:46pm

Post #31 of 35 (126 views)
Shortcut
YES! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes to the list for sure. I'm getting there by bits and pieces, but it would be good to have this confirmed through direct knowledge rather than just internet information -which can, so often, be wrong. I could share what I've gathered with you, as well. (in terms of images so you don't have to rescan.)

And yes to the scans. If you're already doing it, it saves weaver or greendragon from doing it and I know you're as crazy a soundtrack fan as I am. I don't need all the scans, though. I'll email you with what I have and what I think I need (barring any misinformation I've gleaned from the web). I don't know when that will happen. Today's my birthday! (see post on Off Topic) I might decide not to spend it at my computer.

If I had known you were going to do this I probably would have talked myself out of it. It was a last minute decision to stick it in and it's been days sorting it all out. I could have uploaded the Shire Theme update (which is now done) but no... I'm off on a new project and everything is on hold so I don't have to upload twice.

Thanks to all of you for helping me with this.

weaver
Half-elven

Sep 30 2007, 5:36pm

Post #32 of 35 (114 views)
Shortcut
here's Gimli.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi Magpie:

I had my husband photograph the cover, but it's a pretty bad shot. I have not done scans before, so need technical advice on how to do this better than this. But here is Gimli so you can at least see what this cover looks like. The Aragorn one turned out even worse, so the one on that other site is better at this point even if cut off.

Glad to help but need advice to do it. Rather than take up more board space, just PM or email me if I help more. I am glad to be a "Magpie Research Assistant" but need more guidance from the teacher to get a good grade!

Weaver

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 30 2007, 5:55pm

Post #33 of 35 (113 views)
Shortcut
I'm probably good at this point - Thanks to everyone [In reply to] Can't Post

You might have read after posting this that Earl is offering scans. Since he was doing this for himself anyhow, it makes most sense for me to get them from him. You, Lily, and greendragon gave me valuable info that helped me get a really good start. I'm very appreciative of that and the offer of scans, even though you are all so busy.

I'm guessing that, with what I've gotten here and elsewhere, and with Earl's offer of help, I'm probably good. Thanks, everyone.

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 1 2007, 12:41pm

Post #34 of 35 (111 views)
Shortcut
Oh, I'm glad you didn't know I was doing it... [In reply to] Can't Post

... because I wouldn't want you to talk yourself out of it for that reason. Part of the LOTR experience is having multiple interpretations of the same thing. Though Im working on the same thing, I'd be anticipating how you're going to present it visually - I think that speaks a lot about how one imbues information and how one presents it to the world. Your site is great and you definitely should have an LOTR museum out there as well.

Onwards to duty...

"Crows and Gibbets! What is the house of Eorl but a thatched barn where brigands drink in the reek and their brats roll around on the floor with their dogs! You are but a lesser son of greater Sires."

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 1 2007, 1:16pm

Post #35 of 35 (108 views)
Shortcut
And a Very Happy Birthday to you!! [In reply to] Can't Post

May you be blessed with many many more years of LOTR happiness Smile

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.