Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
How Are you going to watchThe Hobbit for the first time.???
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: How Are you going to watchThe Hobbit for the first time.
By myself ( too distracting with others around)
With a girlfriend or Partner
With cousins/other family
With Mum and Dad
On dvd/Bluray.
With a group of friends.
Stream it on the Internet.
Pirated movie
View Results (57 votes)

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Mar 26 2012, 9:30am

Post #1 of 37 (727 views)
Shortcut
How Are you going to watchThe Hobbit for the first time.??? Can't Post

(This post was edited by Thorins_apprentice on Mar 26 2012, 9:31am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 26 2012, 9:35am

Post #2 of 37 (237 views)
Shortcut
I'm hoping [In reply to] Can't Post

I will be able to attend the first screen of the Hobbit at my cinema - which I presume will be at midnight? If that's the case, and my partner isn't working then I'll go with her (that's if she wants to Wink).

No doubt though my Mum will want to see it on the day of the release also, so will probably drive down and watch it again in the afternoon!

If I could have my own way, I would have an empty cinema with just myself slap-bang in the middle. Removes all chances of noise and distraction.....and probably tutting and "I'm bored" from the partner!

Edit: You missed out boyfriend...

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Mar 26 2012, 9:36am)

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Mar 26 2012, 9:48am

Post #3 of 37 (286 views)
Shortcut
Yes i'll watch ot with my fiance to be. [In reply to] Can't Post

First night.Then the next two times i watch it will be with my cousins who have been aching to have a reunion since the Lord of the Rings.This is a wonderful oppurtunity to catch up on where we left off waiting for each film to be released from Fellowship to the Return of the king.AHHHHH Memories.Nostalgia is huge witht his movie that;s one thing i;m sure of.Wink

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 26 2012, 9:57am

Post #4 of 37 (232 views)
Shortcut
Nostalgia [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh yes, this nostalgia is great! Brings back floods and floods of memories for me, between 2000 and onwards. My excitement levels are equal, if not higher, than they were for the trilogy!

imin
Valinor

Mar 26 2012, 10:40am

Post #5 of 37 (276 views)
Shortcut
Difficult decisions [In reply to] Can't Post

When i went to see the LOTR trilogy it was with my step dad and it became almost a tradition to do that with him which was really nice for the both of us.

Now i am obviously like everyone else that little bit older and now have a gf. She isnt really into LOTR/Middle Earth but she is willing to go and see it, to go with me. But without sounding too harsh i dont know whether i want to go with her or not if all she is going to do is ask me whats going on every 5 mins.

I think what will end up happening is i see it with both my step dad and my gf and probably my little sister so it will be more of a family thing. Where i live i doubt there will be a midnight showing but if there is i will definitely be there!

I think i will be watching it in 3d aswell, and i am contemplating whether to go to an IMAX cinema to try and get the best picture/sound but the nearest one to me is a couple hours drive i think so i dont think its realistic, haha.

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Mar 26 2012, 2:01pm

Post #6 of 37 (269 views)
Shortcut
With my husband and two boys. [In reply to] Can't Post

Little Eruvande, the soon-to-be-11-year-old, is just as excited about TH as I am. Cool

imin
Valinor

Mar 26 2012, 2:17pm

Post #7 of 37 (224 views)
Shortcut
perfect age for reading and probably watching the hobbit. [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish i was 11 years old again going into watching this movie, having just recently read the hobbit myself at that age.

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 26 2012, 2:20pm

Post #8 of 37 (228 views)
Shortcut
At least we appreciate it more this time round [In reply to] Can't Post

We would have been the same age when the trilogy came out. I wish I was 11 again, but at least being older we can appreciate it more this time round - we can also join in with all the speculation and lead up to the films this time round Wink

imin
Valinor

Mar 26 2012, 2:35pm

Post #9 of 37 (225 views)
Shortcut
That is true [In reply to] Can't Post

I think i will appreciate what is happening more now. I also think this may be the last Tolkien adaptation done during my lifetime or at least for the next substantial part of it, so i want it to be something i find amazing. Which can only make the suspense and excitement that much more intense!

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Mar 26 2012, 4:19pm

Post #10 of 37 (230 views)
Shortcut
I'll go with my wife (and possibly one or more friends) [In reply to] Can't Post

And I will be fervorently hoping that the 3-D goggles and process doesn't cause Tayna any discomfort.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Mar 26 2012, 5:50pm

Post #11 of 37 (250 views)
Shortcut
With my husband and our two grown kids. In 2D. [In reply to] Can't Post

In the theater :-) And probably in 3D later. But I much prefer 2D.

We went to all the LotR movies together. My son wore chain mail, and I wore my ubiquitous elf-ear hat :-)

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 26 2012, 5:59pm

Post #12 of 37 (210 views)
Shortcut
Oooh chain mail! [In reply to] Can't Post

Off topic, but did he wear a full suit of chain mail? I can't imagine it's very comfy to sit in for 3 and a bit hours! I never saw anyone dressed-up when I say the trilogy. Maybe the people in the UK are more boring Wink I would take my Sting....but not sure I would be allowed in! Maybe if I go to one of the first viewings of The Hobbit I will see someone

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Mar 26 2012, 6:00pm

Post #13 of 37 (218 views)
Shortcut
It was a shirt. [In reply to] Can't Post

He made it himself his senior year of high school, and wore it for his senior photo. It took hours and hours (and weeks and weeks), but he listened to books on tape while he made it. He called the process "Knitting with pliers." Each ring was linked with four others. Unfortunately now that he's a man he can't get into it anymore, but he still has it.

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Mar 26 2012, 6:03pm)

Delrond
Rohan

Mar 26 2012, 6:18pm

Post #14 of 37 (217 views)
Shortcut
Most likely, [In reply to] Can't Post

with Mrs. D. After watching it with her, we will determine if the content is appropriate for my 7-year-old. If so, it'll be just the two of us the 2nd time around. Watching TH for Mrs. D is more of a curiousity although she will likely enjoy it. I'll watch it as many times as I can!

Initially, I had planned to take the youngster with us. After considerable thought, I don't want to provide any nightmare fodder as I suspect the movie will carry a strong PG-13 rating. He really likes Gollum though.Smile

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 27 2012, 3:02am

Post #15 of 37 (217 views)
Shortcut
Line Party [In reply to] Can't Post

For the midnight showing. After that, anyone I can talk into it at any time. Cool

Aethelwyne Bolger
Bree

Mar 30 2012, 1:36am

Post #16 of 37 (184 views)
Shortcut
I'll probably go by myself... [In reply to] Can't Post

Dressed as Aethelwyne Bolger like in my avatarLaugh

Although, if my sister and her exes allow, it would be fun to take my 12 year old nephew, 8 year old niece, and 5 year old nephew with me. Joey (the 12 year old) has loved LOTR most of his life, and Ariel just recently discovered cool warrior princess types (Arwen and Eowyn) she can enjoy as much or more as her disney princesses, and little Steven adores Gandalf the Grey. But not the White. When I told him The Hobbit was only Gandalf the Grey, he was very excited. Though I don't think he's ever seen a LOTR movie, just the action figures! (he thinks Galadriel is very prettyHeart)

It would be so much better than 12 years ago when I went with skeptical, jaded, and silly coworkers who gabbed and laughed through the whole FOTR! Ugh!

I would love to see that world fresh and new through their (my niece and nephews') little eyes!
ps- the child I'm "reading" to is Joey when he was just 5 and first enchanted with Middle Earth:

(This post was edited by Aethelwyne Bolger on Mar 30 2012, 1:38am)

Annael
Half-elven

Mar 31 2012, 1:22am

Post #17 of 37 (173 views)
Shortcut
in the theater [In reply to] Can't Post

don't know yet who I will go with.

Patty
Immortal

Mar 31 2012, 12:54pm

Post #18 of 37 (176 views)
Shortcut
Oh, definitely. Provided .. [In reply to] Can't Post

the line party plans to see it in 3D!

LittleTook
The Shire

Apr 2 2012, 11:30pm

Post #19 of 37 (156 views)
Shortcut
By myself in a crowd [In reply to] Can't Post

I am going to see it at the cinema first at the midnight premiere, but hoping to go by myself. Although some of my friends and family would be willing to support me by going along, none of them have any attachment to any of the Professor's works like I do and would unfortunately be more of a distraction—and after waiting so many years to see TH make it to the big screen I want to absorb it all! As for the crowd at the cinema, that is mostly remedied by my sitting front and center! Tongue (It is also convenient since if anyone over 4 feet tall sits in front of me, half the screen is obscured form my view, haha!)

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Apr 2 2012, 11:48pm

Post #20 of 37 (181 views)
Shortcut
Probably gonna see it with my brother, [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I'll probably end up seeing it with everyone at some point ... assuming I love it as much as I'm expecting to. Tongue

Sam20
Lorien

Apr 5 2012, 11:59pm

Post #21 of 37 (139 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit movie [In reply to] Can't Post

If I can watch the movie to a theater that propose the original version (English) that's what I am gonna do if the time and opportunity allows me cause then I will have to go out of town to do that. But if that is not possible I should see it in French and wait the DVD release to watch the original version. So, I am not sure if I'll watch it once or twice but in one instance maybe I think I shall bring a member of my family with me even though they're not Tolkien LOTR fans they enjoy good movies.

(This post was edited by sam90 on Apr 6 2012, 12:03am)

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 6 2012, 7:12pm

Post #22 of 37 (167 views)
Shortcut
My son and I, in costume, at the midnight opening... [In reply to] Can't Post

The only PROPER way to see it for the first time! Tongue

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 6 2012, 7:17pm

Post #23 of 37 (168 views)
Shortcut
I hope you're mistaken... [In reply to] Can't Post

For all the fawning over Mr Jackson's work, his is not the best that could be done of Tolkien's masterwork. And while I hope he lives to be a hundred or more, Christopher and Priscilla Tolkien will not live forever and eventually the family will open the gates to The Silmarillion.
I hope that at least some will be done in MY lifetime and I'm quite a bit older than you, but what I've read.

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 6 2012, 7:19pm

Post #24 of 37 (142 views)
Shortcut
Chain mail is quite comfortable... [In reply to] Can't Post

because the weight is distributed well. I'll have both Glamdring and my stave when I go in full GAndyalf regalia.

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 6 2012, 7:21pm

Post #25 of 37 (169 views)
Shortcut
Four-on-one... [In reply to] Can't Post

is a good sturdy pattern. Good thing he didn't try six-on-one though! He might STILL be knitting it! And yes, making chain mail really is knitting with pliers... and eventually gives you forearms like Popeye the sailor!Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.