Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
AT THE END OF AN AGE (At the End of the Day, Les Miserables)

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Mar 24 2012, 11:38pm

Views: 245
Shortcut
AT THE END OF AN AGE (At the End of the Day, Les Miserables) [In reply to] Can't Post

OK I've worked on it and here's what I have so far.

AT THE END OF AN AGE (At the End of the Day, from Les Miserables, the Complete Symphonic recording)

[HIGH ELVES ARE LOOKING WEST TO THE GREY HAVENS ANTICIPATING THEIR FINAL DEPARTURE WESTWARD. ARAGORN IS LEAVING MIRKWOOD AFTER HAVING DELIVERED GOLLUM TO THE MIRKWOOD ELVES AT GANDALF’S REQUEST. FRODO AND SAM PACK IN HASTE TO LEAVE THE SHIRE TO EVADE WITCHKING AND THE BLACK RIDERS WHO ARE NEARING, HUNTING THE RING AND ITS BEARER. MERRY AND PIPPIN SUSPECT FRODO’S PLAN AND INTEND TO CONFRONT HIM. RADAGAST HAS EMBARKED TO WARN GANDALF OF THE NAZGUL WHO HAVE CROSSED INTO ERIADOR, WHILE SARUMAN AWAITS GANDALF’S VISIT. BOROMIR, GIMLI, AND LEGOLAS SEPARATELY HEAD TOWARD RIVENDELL TO ATTEND THE COUNCIL OF ELROND. GOLLUM SLINKS OUT INTO THE NIGHT DETERMINED TO REPOSSESS HIS PRECIOUS.]

HIGH ELVES

At the end of an Age it’s a world gotten older
And that’s all we can say here of fair Middle Earth
It’s a struggle, it’s a war
There is good here worth fighting for gaining
But if victory will be ours, what is there more?
Still, our time here is waning.

ARAGORN

At the end of the day you’re another day colder
And the cloak on your back doesn’t keep out the chill
But that “creature,” nabbed at last
Can’t afford to let him go flying
For the Shadow is coming on fast, ready to kill
One day nearer to dying!

HIGH ELVES

To the West of the world there’s better world waiting
Where the sun in the morning comes swiftly to rise
Past a curtain of silver glass
A fair country of green where we’re beckoned.

Here a hunger Sauron has
There’s a reckoning yet to be reckoned
And the battles are yet to be waged
At the end of an Age.

SAM

At the end of the day we’ll need something for cookin’
So I’ll pack up some pans and some salt and some bread….

FRODO

There are Ringwraiths near our home
And the time is at hand that we’ve fled
And we’re lucky to be here at all

SAM

And we’re not dead

BOTH

And we’re counting our blessings!

RADAGAST (TO GANDALF)

Have you heard how the Nazgul are nearing this way?
With their terrible breath and fell blades in their hands?
It’s because someone with knowledge has given away
That the Ring’s in the Shire, this he now understands!
Now our boss, he always knows
What to do when we’re feeling the heat

GANDALF

Tell your bird friends look out
To Orthanc send word,
I’ll be there in a beat.

BOROMIR

At the end of the day it’s a dream that I ponder
Now a sword that was broken is something I seek

GIMLI

Said a horseman to our King
He was looking for some little “Hobbit”

LEGOLAS (Overlapping)

It was looking for some little “Hobbit”

GIMLI

He was looking for some ring….

LEGOLAS (Overlapping)

….Up a tree it...

LEGOLAS (solo)

… stayed, we dared not chop it.
That Gollum, it got away
At the end of the day!

(MERRY AND PIPPIN confront FRODO AND SAM)

MERRY

What have we here, little innocent cousin?

PIPPIN

Come on ol’ chap, let’s have all the news!
If you ask me, you seem wanting for running….

MERRY

To Buckleb’rry Ferry!

JOINED BY PIPPIN

There’s no time to lose!

FRODO

You should both leave us be
It is none of your business
With Black Riders near home
On the Westfarthing side
There’s not anyone there
Who’d withstand their fell might
Those with something to fear
Would do best now to hide.

[BLACK RIDER APPEARS, SHRIEKS, THEY FLEE IN PANIC.]

SARUMAN (TO GANDALF)

The Shire, the Ring there this whole time?
The Halfling’s weed, it’s slowed your mind?
The hour is late, the Nine upon us!
They’ve crossed the Isen, robed in Black
They’ll find the object of pursuit
None can stem their attack.
I bid you join, with me, their Lord
And use what wisdom as you can---

GANDALF

When did you change from wise to mad?

(They duel. Gandalf is captured. Meranwhile, the Black Riders’ pursuit has been foiled temporarily by the Hobbits’ use of Buckleberry Ferry)

WITCHKING

At the end of the day it’s a “Shire” and a “Baggins”
There’s a “thing” that’s been hidden in some little town

JOINED BY OTHER NAZGUL

There’s a name we’ve learned to say
You can guess how we take information

WITCHKING

You can bet Gollum’s earning its keep screaming aloud
As the boss would like it.

GOLLUM

Yes they hurtsed us, tortured us
All for the preciousss
Just to learn about “Bagginses” hailed from “the Shires”
Then they lets us go creepsing about in the night
To take back what is ours
What they knows we desires

(THE FOUR HOBBITS HAVE SUCCESSFULLY FLED THE BLACK RIDERS VIA BUCKLEBERRY FERRY)

MERRY (TO FRODO AND SAM)

At the end of the day you’ve been nothing but trouble

PIPPIN

And there’s trouble for all when there’s trouble for one

FRODO

I’ve been burdened, let it be said,
With a secret that cannot be uttered

SAM

He needs help getting away
Or we’re all gonna end in the gutter

MERRY & PIPPIN

So it’s us together to stay

JOINED BY FRODO AND SAM

At the end of the day!

BREE GATEKEEPER

Who comes a-knockin’ at the gate?
I’d like to know who calls this late?
Four Hobbits, here? What is your business?

FRODO

Good sir, our business is our own
We’re heading for the Prancing Pon’

GATEKEEPER

Meant no offence, sir, have no doubt
There’s talk of strange folk hereabout
It’s just the next sign to the right.

FRODO

Then we do thank you sir, good night.

SAM

It’s the farthest from home
Now that I’ve ever been.

MERRY & PIPPIN

And we think that you’ll say that again and again.

FRODO

Must meet Gandalf today!

SAM, MERRY & PIPPIN (overlapping)

Meet the wizard today!

FRODO (spoken)

Right, dear friends. On our way.

http://grooveshark.com/...The+Day/3mPjEZ?src=5
http://www.lyrics007.com/...%20Day%20Lyrics.html

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...rum.cgi?post=424021;

Subject User Time
"So it begins..." Party Planning Starts! Gimli'sBox Send a private message to Gimli'sBox Mar 19 2012, 3:52pm
    The dynamic duo whippersnappers:) silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Mar 19 2012, 5:22pm
    How about another Subject Line story competition? Those were a lot of fun Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 20 2012, 12:51am
        ...she piped in cheerily as she often did during festive seasons. Meanwhile behind her, with his usual scowl.... // Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 20 2012, 1:04am
    Woohoo!! Here we go!! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 20 2012, 2:25am
        I like the sounds of that! One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Mar 20 2012, 2:42pm
            Absolutely! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 20 2012, 9:48pm
        I could repost my recipe Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Mar 20 2012, 2:57pm
            Ate or wore? // NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Mar 20 2012, 3:32pm
                Depended on where they went for lunch. // Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Mar 20 2012, 3:42pm
            Fersher! :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 20 2012, 9:29pm
    I've got the Valaquenta of TORn up in the attic underneath a box of Christmas ornaments. Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Mar 20 2012, 2:56pm
        I've got the Lore of the TORn Staff Creatures dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Mar 22 2012, 10:28am
    How about limericks? Greenwood Hobbit Send a private message to Greenwood Hobbit Mar 20 2012, 9:38pm
        I *Love* Limericks! Controversial ones, especially-- Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 21 2012, 3:37am
    It might be good to remember the original 'mission' of Founders Day Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 20 2012, 10:59pm
        Yes, I like this idea. Any chance of re-posting old Greenbooks articles? I loved those. :) // Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 21 2012, 3:11pm
    Alrighty!  So far we've had a few suggestions which are: Gimli'sBox Send a private message to Gimli'sBox Mar 21 2012, 2:10am
    count me in. Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 21 2012, 2:17am
        I'm tempted to list as many of the TORn regulars as I can... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Mar 22 2012, 10:46am
    I'll post a Caption Contest... stormcrow20 Send a private message to stormcrow20 Mar 21 2012, 7:38am
    New Idea (inspired by Greenwood Hobbit). Lets do "The Sound of Mithril" Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 21 2012, 3:33pm
        I'm pretty sure that some of those have already been done... Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Mar 21 2012, 4:50pm
            I wondered about that--I wouldn't mind Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 21 2012, 8:59pm
        Haha, if Greenwood Hobbit Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Mar 21 2012, 4:55pm
            what about Les Mordor-serables? Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 21 2012, 5:59pm
                My Fair Quendë // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Mar 21 2012, 6:47pm
                    Bilbo and Gandy's Excellent Adventure // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 23 2012, 9:33am
                seriously, hear me out Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 21 2012, 8:07pm
                    Back in the First Age of TORN.... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Mar 22 2012, 1:11am
                        that makes sense Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 22 2012, 1:40am
                            If I ever come across it again Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Mar 22 2012, 3:58am
                                Do you remember grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 22 2012, 10:34am
                                    No, sorry.... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Mar 22 2012, 7:42pm
                                        If anyone has an old moldy link to a site like that... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 22 2012, 10:36pm
                            It was me Eledhwen Send a private message to Eledhwen Mar 23 2012, 7:54am
                                Woohoo!! There you are!! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 23 2012, 9:27am
                                Thank you for sharing that Eledhwen! Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 23 2012, 1:44pm
                                    A correction Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 23 2012, 3:01pm
                                    Another correction Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 23 2012, 4:43pm
                                    Very nice! Eledhwen Send a private message to Eledhwen Mar 23 2012, 8:16pm
                                        Thank you Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 24 2012, 1:14am
                                            AT THE END OF AN AGE (At the End of the Day, Les Miserables) Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 24 2012, 11:38pm
            Ha! Perfect. :D // Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 21 2012, 8:58pm
        I think I just heard echoes Mickey Rooney's voice Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 21 2012, 10:51pm
    Excellent! Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Mar 23 2012, 3:56am
    Party Planning Update! Gimli'sBox Send a private message to Gimli'sBox Mar 26 2012, 3:37am
        whoops! Sorry, gals! Alassëa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassëa Eruvande Mar 26 2012, 4:22pm
            Haha, that's okay! I'll put you down in the next update:).// Gimli'sBox Send a private message to Gimli'sBox Mar 26 2012, 4:38pm
        What! You don't know dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Mar 26 2012, 9:01pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.