Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Thank you for sharing that Eledhwen!

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Mar 23 2012, 1:44pm

Views: 252
Shortcut
Thank you for sharing that Eledhwen! [In reply to] Can't Post

I enjoyed that very much!

I happened to write my version of One Day More last night before reading yours, just to see how similar they would be. It appears I was right, we made similar choices.

I like your Master of the House approach better than what I originally had in mind. i laughed along Smile

Here are my versions of One Day More and Castle on a Cloud (abridged...I might add to it later for an "extended edition" to include the rest of the scene) [disclaimer: these are "drafts" that I wrote yesterday and today only]

first we have ....

Calas Galedhon (Castle on a Cloud from Les Miserables) (I wrote it this morning...its just a draft)

(The Fellowship has been allowed to enter Lothlorien blindfolded.)

HALDIR

We go to Calas Galedhon

Until we're there you may not see

Blindfolds for all your Company

That is the rule in Lorien.

GIMLI

There is a thing called courtesy
There is a thing our Elf hosts lack!

ARAGORN (to GIMLI)

Now, that was hardly courtesy

(TO HALDIR)

Please pardon my gruff companion.

(They arrive)

GIMLI

Who is that lady all in light?

FRODO

I think she's speaking in mind...!

LEGOLAS

She's nice to see....

BOROMIR

But she frightens much.

GIMLI

What's this I feel? I love her very much.

GALADRIEL

Yours is a path that saw one more

CELEBORN

Where is the wizard?

ARAGORN

He has died.

LEGOLAS

Balrog of Morgoth pulled him down

ARAGORN

Ere we reached here, fair Lorien.

[to be continued in a "Special Extended Edition" if I manage to get to it]

And next we have....

ONE DAY MORDOR (One Day More, from Les Miserables)

(One day before Siege of Gondor. Arwen expects to sail West next day. Aragorn is about to take the Paths of the Dead. Frodo and Sam follow Gollum up the long stair to Cirith Ungol. Faramir has left Osgiliath to Gothmog and returns to report to Denethor. In Minas Tirith, Denethor sits lost in his grief over Boromirís death. Gothmog prepares to lead his Orc army as part of Mordorís assault upon the White City.)

GANDALF

One day more
Another day until the coming ruin

FRODO

This never ending road to Oroduin...

SAM

The Stinker's actin' awful sly, I'd say its just an alibi...

GANDALF

One day more....

ARAGORN (to ARWEN in his thoughts)

I did not live before we met
How can I live if we are parted?

GANDALF

One day more....

ARAGORN & ARWEN

Tomorrow we'll be worlds away
But when we met our world had started

EOWYN

One more day I'm on my own

ARAGORN & ARWEN

Will we ever meet again?

EOWYN

One more day of him not caring

ARAGORN & ARWEN

I was born to be with you!

EOWYN

What a life I might have known

ARAGORN & ARWEN

And I swear I will be true!

EOWYN

But he never saw me there

GOTHMOG

One more day before the storm!

FARAMIR

Was it wise to let them go?

GOTHMOG

We'll have Man obliterated!

FARAMIR

To defy my father's will?

GOTHMOG

When their ranks begin to fall

FARAMIR

Do I follow him still?

GOTHMOG

Age of Orc will come to be!

MEN OF MINAS TIRITH and ORCS OF MORDOR

The time is now the day is here!

GANDALF

One day more!!!!

DENETHOR

One more day of no solution
Hope lies withered in the bud
I will join the kings of heathens
Ere the world is drowned in blood

GOLLUM

Watch 'em climbing up
Trick 'em so they fall
Wicked tricksy Bagginses will pay for all
Here a little dip, there a little touch
Soon we takes the precious, no, it won't take much!

MEN OF MINAS TIRITH

One day to a new beginning....

OATHBREAKERS

Where's the sword we rally ' round?

MEN OF MINAS TIRITH

The returning of our king...?

OATHBREAKERS

The returning of the king...?

MEN OF MINAS TIRITH

There's a Fourth Age for the winning....

OATHBREAKERS

There's a curse to be undone!

MEN OF MINAS TIRITH

Do you hear the Morgul din?

ARAGORN

The sword is here, now what say you???

GANDALF

One day more!!!

ARAGORN

I bid you stand, Men of the Dead!

EOWYN

One more day fighting on my own!

FRODO

Here at the end of all things started...

DENETHOR(overlapping)

I will build a pyre of heathens
None shall follow where I go
Save for Faramir, I'll save him
From the sorrows he might know

GANDALF

One day more!

GOTHMOG

Tomorrow they'll be wiped away!

EOWYN

What a life I might have known!

SAM

We've come so close! Be not downhearted.

DENETHOR(overlapping)

One more day of no solution
Hope dies withered in the bud
We'll get ready, bring more oil, boys!

GOLLUM (overlapping)

Watch 'em climbing up
Trick 'em so they fall
Wicked tricksy Bagginses will pay for all

GANDALF

Tomorrow isn't far away,
Tomorrow will be judgement day

ALL

Tomorrow we'll discover what Eru
in Aman has in store!
One more dawn?
One more day
One day mo-
O-o-o-ore!

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...rum.cgi?post=424021;

(This post was edited by Ruxendil_Thoorg on Mar 23 2012, 1:50pm)

Subject User Time
"So it begins..." Party Planning Starts! Gimli'sBox Send a private message to Gimli'sBox Mar 19 2012, 3:52pm
    The dynamic duo whippersnappers:) silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Mar 19 2012, 5:22pm
    How about another Subject Line story competition? Those were a lot of fun Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 20 2012, 12:51am
        ...she piped in cheerily as she often did during festive seasons. Meanwhile behind her, with his usual scowl.... // Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 20 2012, 1:04am
    Woohoo!! Here we go!! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 20 2012, 2:25am
        I like the sounds of that! One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Mar 20 2012, 2:42pm
            Absolutely! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 20 2012, 9:48pm
        I could repost my recipe AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Mar 20 2012, 2:57pm
            Ate or wore? // NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Mar 20 2012, 3:32pm
                Depended on where they went for lunch. // AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Mar 20 2012, 3:42pm
            Fersher! :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 20 2012, 9:29pm
    I've got the Valaquenta of TORn up in the attic underneath a box of Christmas ornaments. AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Mar 20 2012, 2:56pm
        I've got the Lore of the TORn Staff Creatures dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Mar 22 2012, 10:28am
    How about limericks? Greenwood Hobbit Send a private message to Greenwood Hobbit Mar 20 2012, 9:38pm
        I *Love* Limericks! Controversial ones, especially-- Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 21 2012, 3:37am
    It might be good to remember the original 'mission' of Founders Day Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 20 2012, 10:59pm
        Yes, I like this idea. Any chance of re-posting old Greenbooks articles? I loved those. :) // Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 21 2012, 3:11pm
    Alrighty! †So far we've had a few suggestions which are: Gimli'sBox Send a private message to Gimli'sBox Mar 21 2012, 2:10am
    count me in. Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 21 2012, 2:17am
        I'm tempted to list as many of the TORn regulars as I can... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Mar 22 2012, 10:46am
    I'll post a Caption Contest... stormcrow20 Send a private message to stormcrow20 Mar 21 2012, 7:38am
    New Idea (inspired by Greenwood Hobbit). Lets do "The Sound of Mithril" Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 21 2012, 3:33pm
        I'm pretty sure that some of those have already been done... Eowyn of Penns Woods Send a private message to Eowyn of Penns Woods Mar 21 2012, 4:50pm
            I wondered about that--I wouldn't mind Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 21 2012, 8:59pm
        Haha, if Greenwood Hobbit Nightingale Send a private message to Nightingale Mar 21 2012, 4:55pm
            what about Les Mordor-serables? Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 21 2012, 5:59pm
                My Fair QuendŽ // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Mar 21 2012, 6:47pm
                    Bilbo and Gandy's Excellent Adventure // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 23 2012, 9:33am
                seriously, hear me out Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 21 2012, 8:07pm
                    Back in the First Age of TORN.... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Mar 22 2012, 1:11am
                        that makes sense Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 22 2012, 1:40am
                            If I ever come across it again Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Mar 22 2012, 3:58am
                                Do you remember grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 22 2012, 10:34am
                                    No, sorry.... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Mar 22 2012, 7:42pm
                                        If anyone has an old moldy link to a site like that... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 22 2012, 10:36pm
                            It was me Eledhwen Send a private message to Eledhwen Mar 23 2012, 7:54am
                                Woohoo!! There you are!! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Mar 23 2012, 9:27am
                                Thank you for sharing that Eledhwen! Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 23 2012, 1:44pm
                                    A correction Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 23 2012, 3:01pm
                                    Another correction Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 23 2012, 4:43pm
                                    Very nice! Eledhwen Send a private message to Eledhwen Mar 23 2012, 8:16pm
                                        Thank you Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 24 2012, 1:14am
                                            AT THE END OF AN AGE (At the End of the Day, Les Miserables) Ruxendil_Thoorg Send a private message to Ruxendil_Thoorg Mar 24 2012, 11:38pm
            Ha! Perfect. :D // Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 21 2012, 8:58pm
        I think I just heard echoes Mickey Rooney's voice Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Mar 21 2012, 10:51pm
    Excellent! Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Mar 23 2012, 3:56am
    Party Planning Update! Gimli'sBox Send a private message to Gimli'sBox Mar 26 2012, 3:37am
        whoops! Sorry, gals! AlassŽa Eruvande Send a private message to AlassŽa Eruvande Mar 26 2012, 4:22pm
            Haha, that's okay! I'll put you down in the next update:).// Gimli'sBox Send a private message to Gimli'sBox Mar 26 2012, 4:38pm
        What! You don't know dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Mar 26 2012, 9:01pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.